2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
ok... in my hotel... that place is bigger than my apartment... LOL... well I guess if I put a grand piano in here, it would look smaller lol. but yeah... i could throw a venting party for all the men and KMT in here...

in any case... I am starting with the pairs event because that's the freshest in memory so I perhaps do not need to look at my notes... and perhaps it is also because it was my favourite event...

1) Deschamps and Sydney new girl/ new team..

I am so happy he found a good partner... I think they have great potential... better potential than with his former partner.... i got to look at him very closely.... it may not look like that on screen.. but that guy is extremely delicious... harem is going to grow... seriously... he is yummy.... they skated very well... I think they will upgrade their twist and the rest was already pretty good...

I have no idea why they chose Sting's cheesy desert rose song... and what their outfit had to do with it at all... that was something odd though... come on...

2) the new team... I call them the Easter egg team... well... that was scary... it gave me flashbacks of MTM 2.0 last year... the double twist fall is rather rare no??? yet, in Canada, we manage to get it 2 years in a row... sorry but I tuned out after that... even if they had solid elements afterwards.. i couldn't

3) Ruest Wolfe... I saw them at ACI ... they were good then... they are already so much better... this was a lovely performance.. the only thing missing is a good triple twist... Drew was an ice dancer and we could see the quality of their skating. Camille is a very good match for him... WOW!

there were great reactions from the crowd for their lift... and a few people even stood up at the end of their program.

4) jones and reagan... I want to like them but I don't connect. I didn't write anything... I was relieved that r/w were placed ahead of them

5) MTM 2.0 What I can say is that they were on... it was great to see them especially knowing everything that they have been through. they were excellent. Still, the lift was rather scary.
They got a standing ovation and it was well-deserved. KMT's charm is irresistible... She is a tiny girl but her smile is huge. It was truly nice to see them skate with such happiness and success.
I particularly liked the death spiral entrance and the spin exit that were both perfectly match with the musical mood.

6) Still, there is a world of refinement in I/M's programs and elements/choreography... I haven't looked at protocols yet... Of course, everyone around me whined when Lubov didn't manage her 3S... I agree with TGee that it seems to be a timing issue when they are jumping together... however, it's been a known problem for them for too long and I need this fixed now ;) right now!!!! They are world class at everything else... her lift position... OMG... the twist was so gorgeous!!!! the throw too.

7) I saved that comment for the end : but if you have never seen Eric Radford on skates... you are missing something in your life... HE IS GORGEOUS! Just when he was warming up and gliding on the ice... he was so smooth... omg...

After all of what has been said after GPF, I was really hoping for D/R to turn their season around. Their twist was excellent. Their Lutzes were better tonight than they have been this season.. not much flow after... a bit telegraphed but landed less forward. Their new throw with fabulous entrance is just so cool. It does slow down a bit but then it flies off and I think it's a wise decision... i was supporting the 3Ath... but this one is cool and adds a wow factor that the 3aTH didn't have since it was so cautious and with good reason. The entire program was a delight to watch...

I had never seen them skate. So many people have complained about Meagan's supposed lesser skating skills... Erm.. WHATEVER... You have to see them in person to understand that they have speed, power, refinement and intricate programs. They are not world champions for nothing. They are great. Another standing ovation

I know. ... this is not the most exciting report but everyone skated well and after the men's event... ouf... we needed that... I thought for a second that after the men, Skate Canada talked to the pairs teams to tell them that we would want a refund if they didn't deliver ;)

SPOTTED : Conrad Orzel ;) go visit his fan fest... newly created by yours truly ;)

Eric Radford is like Cizeron or even Chan - they are like amazing dancers with great lines.

Lota

Record Breaker
I really really love Ruest/Wolfe! :love: I don't think we'll be seeing much of them on the international circuit before 2018, when some of the older pairs will probably retire, but as a new pair I think they are moving in the right direction and I would love for them to do well. And they look so so sweet together! :luv17:

debraj923

Spectator
What is with the results page - Patrick Chan not even listed as leading or his scores, nor are the pairs?

TGee

Record Breaker
The live scoring is continuously updated in real time...

http://vsatech.ca/liveresults/csslive_results.cfm?StrRink=1

Senior Men's is on hiatus after the early flights. You are seeing partial results. So Patrick who will skate last is at the top of those who have not yet skated their FS... Men's will resume just after 8:00 pm on the TV broadcast on CTV.

Senior Pairs results are on the Senior Pairs tab...

http://vsatech.ca/liveresults/csslive_results.cfm?strCategoryid=120

And here's the pdf with the start order for the pairs FS http://skatecanada.ca/results/2017CDNS/2017CDNSSeniorPairFPSO.pdf

First flight will be livestreamed with Ted Barton and Debbi Wilkes providing commentary/interviews, second and final flight will be on CTV televised broadcast. The zamboni has just come on the ice, and the warm up for the first flight should start in 10 minutes.

TGee

Record Breaker
I really really love Ruest/Wolfe! :love: I don't think we'll be seeing much of them on the international circuit before 2018, when some of the older pairs will probably retire, but as a new pair I think they are moving in the right direction and I would love for them to do well. And they look so so sweet together! :luv17:

Ruest/Wolfe did very well at Rostelecom Cup in their first GP outing [replacing M-T/M], with a PB and 6th place. Hopefully, they will get consideration for an invitation back. [It's the host country's choice, but Russia tends to invite back skaters/teams that are well received by the audience.]

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
Ruest/Wolfe did very well at Rostelecom Cup in their first GP outing [replacing M-T/M], with a PB and 6th place. Hopefully, they will get consideration for an invitation back. [It's the host country's choice, but Russia tends to invite back skaters/teams that are well received by the audience.]

I know, that's where I first noticed them :biggrin: By international circuit I mostly mean 4CC and Worlds, I doubt we'll be seeing them at those competitions anytime soon, but I really do hope that they'll at least get an invitation to a GP :yes:

silkecita9603

Spectator
Oh, thank u i wondered always as The entries of S/M (Short)and T/M seemed similar to me, why T/M got Level 4 and S/M didn't....so u explained it with The Little break....and with The Split....maybe u can explain a Little Bit more about Aljonas Split?Also i think in The Long S/M Could do an entry like The Chinese (would fit The Music)
with Level 4...would u agree?

LadyB

Record Breaker
When I saw them there live, I was positive surprised and wish them well for the future.

Last edited: