dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Friday, January 20, 2017
18:10 (UTC -5)

Senior Mens Short Program

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...66&p7=37&p8=235&p9=248&p10=33&p11=240&p12=224

Ottawa, Ontario at The Arena at TD Place

Starting Order Name Section

1 Shaquille Davis CO
SP "L-O-V-E" - Nat King Cole
LP Creed soundtrack

2 Dominic Rondeau QC
SP "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Blue Suede Shoes" by Elvis Presley
LP Sing, Sing, Sing Part 2, from the Fosse soundtrack

3 Alexander Lawrence BC/UK
SP "A Shine on Your Shoes" by Mel Tormé and Jeff Love
LP "Bohemian Rhapsody" performed by the Glee Cast

4 Laurent Guay QC
SP "Poeta En El Viento" by Vicente Amigo
LP Oz the Great and Powerful soundtrack

5 Olivier Bergeron QC
SP "Cry Me a River" performed by Michael Bublé
LP Adrenalina by Electrocutango, Sentimientos by Steve Anderson

6 Antony Cheng BC/YK
SP Middle Age Symphonie by Maxime Rodriguez
LP Final Fantasie VII original soundtrack

7 Samuel Morais QC
SP "Oblivion" performed by Lucia Micarelli
LP "Remember When It Rained" performed by Josh Groban

8 Jack Kermezian QC
SP "Lay Me Down" by Sam Smith, John Legend
LP "Un Giorno Per Noi" performed by Josh Groban

9 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton AB/NT/NU
SP "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?"
LP "George Valentin" by The Brussels Philharmonic - The Orchestra Of Flanders, from The Artist soundtrack

10 Edrian Paul Celestino QC
SP That's Life by Frank Sinatra; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP Las Cuatros Estaciones Portenas: III. Winter by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Julie Marcotte

11 Mitchell Gordon BC/YK
SP You Won't Be Mine by Matchbox Twenty
LP "Struttin' With Some Barbecue" and "Summertime" by Gershwin, performed by Louis Armstrong

12 Bennet Toman CO
SP "I'd Rather Go Blind," performed by Michael Grimm
LP Piano Concerto No. 5 in E Flat Major - Opus 73 "Emperor" by Beethoven

13 Joseph Phan QC
SP The Best Is Yet to Come by Michael Buble; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle
LP The Legend of 1900; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle

14 Roman Sadovsky CO
SP Exogenesis Symphony Part 3: Redemption by Muse; choreo by David Wilson, Mark Pillay
LP Romeo and Juliet (Plunket and Maclean soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; choreo by David Wilson, Mark Pillay
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56448-Roman-Sadovsky

15 Elladj Baldé QC
SP The Sound of Silence by Disturbed; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP Blood Diamond (soundtrack) by James Newton Howard; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56414-Elladj-Bald%E9

16 Keegan Messing AB/NT/NU
SP Singing in the Rain
LP Pink Panther
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?57019-Keegan-Messing

17 Nicolas Nadeau QC
SP For Me - Formidable by Charles Aznavour; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP Elvis Presley voice overs with 2001: A Space Odyssey fanfare theme at the beginning & 3 Elvis songs – “That’s All Right (Mama),” “Bridge Over Troubled Water” & “Blue Suede Shoes
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56592-Nicolas-Nadeau

18 Nam Nguyen CO
SP Love Me or Leave Me by Sammy Davis Jr.; choreo by David Wilson
LP An American in Paris by George Gershwin; choreo by David Wilson
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53930-Nam-Nguyen

19 Kevin Reynolds BC/YK
SP Puutarhautuminen by Hohka, Kesäillan Tvist by Troka, Muuttosarja by Hohka; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne (SP)
LP Grand Piano (soundtrack) by Victor Reyes; choreo by Mark Pillay (FS)
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51619-Kevin-Reynolds

20 Liam Firus BC/YK
SP Happy Ending by Mika; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Love Reign Over Me by The Who; choreo by Mark Pillay
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55552-Liam-Firus

21 Patrick Chan CO
SP "Dear Prudence" by The Beatles, "Blackbird" by The Beatles; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
LP “A Journey," composed by Eric Radford; choreo by David Wilson
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?35721-Patrick-Chan

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Anyone know if Balde has added a Quad back into his programs? With so many of the CAN contending men doing them now, he may be left behind if he doesn't go for at least one in his free skate.

LadyB

Record Breaker
On paper it looks like a done deal for Patrick. I love his programmes this year, I'm a huge Beatles fan and Eric's 'A Journey' is just made for him!
For ever loyal to Team Orser I shall be routing for Roman Sadovsky and ex-cricketbrother Nam Nguyen. Nicolas Nadeau impressed me at last year's Junior Worlds, hope he is fighting fit and shows us what he can do. Elladj has all the potential needed and I very much hope he can get his jumps right. He deserves to be on the podium. Bring on the boys! :clapper:

TGee

Record Breaker
I think this could be a bit of a nail biter for the national team spots beyond the gold / national title surely going to Patrick.

Not yet mentioned, but in my view the strongest contender after Patrick, is Kevin Reynolds. He's more than rehabilitated after his 2015 surgery, and every competition is an improvement. His SB is second only to Patrick, his interpretation and SS are markedly improved, and he's shown that he can be a clinch competitor. We need Kevin's reliability when it counts to get that third spot for next season.

But I'm also looking for interesting things from Elladj Balde, Roman Sadovsky, Keegan Messing and Bennet Toman....Would love to see Nic Nadeau in form, but he clearly wasn't there yet at Golden Spin and doesn't have the ISU TES minimums for seniors this year. Nam has been showing his spiciness, but within a strong men's pack, his persistent lack of senior men's speed really shows to his disadvantage and the judges are increasingly unforgiving on this point.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
all i can say for now, as I have only seen Bennet and Keegan live so far, is that I find the judges too harsh on Nammy ;) let's see if I agree with them when I see spicy boy live... but honestly, Bennet and Keegan are good and fast... so if he is really that slow... it's going to be a nightmare for him... Kevin is slow too but his programs are busy and it makes him look better...

TGee

Record Breaker
all i can say for now, as I have only seen Bennet and Keegan live so far, is that I find the judges too harsh on Nammy ;) let's see if I agree with them when I see spicy boy live... but honestly, Bennet and Keegan are good and fast... so if he is really that slow... it's going to be a nightmare for him... Kevin is slow too but his programs are busy and it makes him look better...

I'll be waiting for your live report on Kevin's SS and speed. He looked really rough in this area when viewed live before the surgery. You could clearly see him testing his skates in warm up, or just coming on the ice for his skate [likely new and/or unmatched in those seasons]. He looks so very different on this when seen on video now.

On Nam, when I reviewed his scores and skates prior to submitting my predictions today, I realized that in many ways he's deteriorated rather than improved over the season. Agree that he needed to move, but not convinced he's gone to a place with sufficient expertise to address his gaps even if it's been a good fit psychologically. Might have benefited from putting himself through Challenge the way Gaby did. Frankly, I really hope that the judges at nationals don't give him a "former national champion" benefit of the doubt at this point.

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I can also say that after seeing Kevin live he's not the fastest during performances. But having seen Nam on video he looked even slower. Oh well. Let's see who grabs bronze. I hope to see lots of landed quads.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Idk if I can find a TSN or CTV stream that'll work in the USA....so I guess I'll have to be in the dark in a way.

calica

Final Flight
I don´t care about Nam. I only hope that If he does not get to be second, nobody will give him your place for the Worlds, as did Firus, last year.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don´t care about Nam. I only hope that If he does not get to be second, nobody will give him your place for the Worlds, as did Firus, last year.

I understand why they would want to have someone else instead of Liam because of international record. And man KEVIN WAS SO CLOSE!!!!! AUGH!!!!!! IF ONLY he fully rotated that quad or if he landed it, he could have gotten the technical minimum and my wish could have come true. But oh well, what happened happened.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think this could be a bit of a nail biter for the national team spots beyond the gold / national title surely going to Patrick.

Not yet mentioned, but in my view the strongest contender after Patrick, is Kevin Reynolds. He's more than rehabilitated after his 2015 surgery, and every competition is an improvement. His SB is second only to Patrick, his interpretation and SS are markedly improved, and he's shown that he can be a clinch competitor. We need Kevin's reliability when it counts to get that third spot for next season.

But I'm also looking for interesting things from Elladj Balde, Roman Sadovsky, Keegan Messing and Bennet Toman....Would love to see Nic Nadeau in form, but he clearly wasn't there yet at Golden Spin and doesn't have the ISU TES minimums for seniors this year. Nam has been showing his spiciness, but within a strong men's pack, his persistent lack of senior men's speed really shows to his disadvantage and the judges are increasingly unforgiving on this point.

I think Nam needs to go back to Team Orser but regardless he needs to 1. fit or accept his new body and use it 2. yep, increase his power - speed and command over ice 3. work on maturing as an artist but he does have huge potential. Canada needs to regain 3 spots. I like Nadeau, Balde but my pick is Reynolds and chan. Hopefully they can earn 3 spots and send with them Nam to the olympics. This is dependent on Nadeau and Balde. Both of them being healthy and doing quads might change my mind. I really don't think Liam fits in at this time. They don't need a second rate Jeffrey Buttle sans quad when they have the pc king (or should be king) Chan and technically he is no jumping bean and he isn't actually a young developing star

deedee1

Record Breaker
Go Keegan! :hap10: Go Elladj! :hap10: Go Kevin! :hap10: Go Patrick! :hap10: not saying I'm not cheering for other boys, you know me well. :)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
will they show the last group?

Not the last group, if I recall. These were the two links that others previously posted in the women's sp thread: 1 & 2. They may work once again once the dailymotion stream ends.