2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Gosh darn that first jump! I do love watching him and he is special. I also love the music. I love J/C long to it to.

He got a great crowd reaction.

liv

Record Breaker
I like Balde too.... just wish he could bring it all together in competition. Such an attractive young man, great personality... a great performer.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If you are using Chrome or Modzilla, recommend download and use their ad-blocker. Most of those pop-ups aren't safe and will be filtered out by the block.

I had to force quit safari twice because of an un-closable pop-up on that "free TSN" stream.

ETA: plus, I'm yet to see any actual figure skating on it.

Last edited:

gladiolusc

Medalist
Balde is so likeable :eek: It's my first time watching him compete, and I just instinctively want to cheer for him.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Balde is one of the few skaters who move me on an emotional level. I almost don't care if he lands the jumps. The judges do but I don't. He just gives me the feels when he skates.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I like Balde too.... just wish he could bring it all together in competition. Such an attractive young man, great personality... a great performer.

He did. In an international Challenger event (Nebelhorn?). A gold medal, no less.

And he gets invited to do shows and galas even without winning medals. He's just special.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My best friend always says Kevin Reynolds looks like a muppet. Nam has been raiding Javier's bowling shirt collection. Patrick is and always will be Patrick. I hope he gets his ninth title. I can't see anyone beating him. Second and third will be interesting.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My best friend always says Kevin Reynolds looks like a muppet. Nam has been raiding Javier's bowling shirt collection. Patrick is and always will be Patrick. I hope he gets his ninth title. I can't see anyone beating him. Second and third will be interesting.

There's only 2 ways that Patrick won't win. 1. If he WD. 2. If he bombs BADLY enough. Which I hope neither happen at all.

ericka141

On the Ice
Some of these senior men are giving us some hard falls on the quads (and in general). Poor guys :(

liv

Record Breaker
Wow. The men are all having jump issues of one kind or another. Nice rebound though with the axel.