"Collateral".........May contain spoilers..... | Golden Skate

"Collateral".........May contain spoilers.....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Saw this new flick with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx and must say it's one of the best I've seen this summer.........probably the best character I've seen Tom Cruise portray....Jamie is no slouch and holds up his end nicely. It's fast paced, has some scenes that are graffic, but necessary to the storyline. It wasn't just an action movie, but the characters are developed nicely with interesting dialogue between Cruise and Foxx.........I liked it better than "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Manchurian Candidate"...........I give it a "thumbs up"......42

Aloft04

On the Ice
Thanks, show 42!! I've been looking for something that Mr. Aloft would go see with me, and this sound like the ticket!!

And a big bucket of popcorn that I need a handcart to get to my seat with wa-a-ay too much "butter".....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Joe.........I was totally convinced. At first, it's "Tom Cruise playing the villain"....soon, he was just the villain.......cold, calculating, ruthless, convincing. More so then the "good guy vs. bad guy", was the interesting interaction between Tom and Jamie.........42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
While waiting for "The Bourne Supremacy" to start last night, we saw previews for "The Collateral" and "Ray"--both starring Jaime Foxx. Talk about a diverse actor! The previews for "Ray" (about the life of Ray Charles) looked great.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
It was definitely a character piece, rather than a plot-driven piece. Well acted all around. I never doubted Cruise could play a bad guy convincingly. If you've ever watched him on "Inside the Actor's Studio" you'd see that he takes his craft very seriously.

Jamie Foxx was a nice surprise. Very balanced. There was no sense that he did not belong in the big leagues along side Cruise. I love unconventional casting.

I also liked the dark humor that was laced throughout the piece. And I appreciated the non-Hollywood ending (i.e. the bad guy did NOT somehow make one last stand with a gun after being shot upteen times. That always irritates me in many films)

It didn't knock my socks off, but I appreciated the fine acting.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Saw this new flick with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx and must say it's one of the best I've seen this summer.........probably the best character I've seen Tom Cruise portray....Jamie is no slouch and holds up his end nicely. It's fast paced, has some scenes that are graffic, but necessary to the storyline. It wasn't just an action movie, but the characters are developed nicely with interesting dialogue between Cruise and Foxx.........I liked it better than "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Manchurian Candidate"...........I give it a "thumbs up"......42

Show:

Just saw this flick. I don't know if it's the best character I've seen him play. I liked his last movie better - the Last Samuri. A noble character at least. This guy was ruthless. Was not my favorite of the summer so far, but not much to choose from. Probably catch the other two movies mentioned on DVD or Video. The original Manchurian Candidate would be pretty hard to top.