2017 Canadian Nats Senior Women's SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Women's SP

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Veronique Cloutier was clean. 25 yr old who started skating at 10 at her first Senior Nationals. 46.26

The protocol is up already.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lappin was nice too, though she could have captured the character of the music a little better. Her movements in general could also stand to be sharper.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Gray is a really engaging performer, too bad about the wildly off axis jumps. That was my favorite program so far anyway, she really glides across the ice.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The commentators think highly of Jane Gray and feel bad for her missed jumps. Let's hope she can redeem herself at the FS.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow. the voice of Debie Wilkes takes me back... way back. Who is the male commentator?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm watching. First time I've seen a stream when events are on CTV.

It's not on CTV yet. The live stream will stop when TSN and later CTV take over.

The commentators are saying the marks take a long time but I think it feels longer without the replays and with just watching the K&C the whole time.

tulosai

Record Breaker
At this rate the events are all going to be wildly off schedule... I almost don't see how they can catch up already and it's only the third skater still.

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's not on CTV yet. The live stream will stop when TSN and later CTV take over.

The commentators are saying the marks take a long time but I think it feels longer without the replays and with just watching the K&C the whole time.

It does feel longer, I agree, but it's also objectively taking a long time. 6 min or so is allotted for each skater; so far on average they are taking almost 10 per skater.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think Michelle has potential, I'll be looking for her next year and hoping for good things.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Megan seems a different class from the earlier skaters. I like also how she pulled up from the near fall to complete the combo. Lovely skating.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was rough to watch and very juniorish IMO. Megan is really young though if I'm not mistaken.