2017 World Jr Champs Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 World Jr Champs Entries

Nirti

Medalist
So finally Daniel Samohin will defend his title! He didn't skate in junior this season. Same for Tursynbaeva, but with a good result she can earn JGP places for Kazakhstan.

Latvia doesn't use 2nd spots in men and ladies... A bit strange, especially with Vasiljevs on substitute list?
Italy doesn't use 2nd spots in pairs and dance... What about Foresti/Sforza? Their last competition is in october, split or injury? Campanini/Riva could have been the 2nd dance team, but they are not substitute... strange.

Nobody from Philippines... But Yamato Rowe and Alison Perticheto reached TES some weeks ago? Maybe they were forgotten on the list?

Other missings : Luc Maierhofer (Austria), Charlotte Vandersarren (Belgium), Aleksandra Rudolf (Poland, she had a difficult season), Larry Loupolover (Azerbaijan, seems to focus on Senior Worlds)
Nobody from North Korea of course
And no junior return for Anastasia Galustyan (Armenia) and Michaela du Toit (South Africa)

frida80

Record Breaker
why is Lil Bet competing here?

That's my question is well. She's already competed in 4CC and now the Asian games as well. Bryan isn't going to have any time to work with her before worlds. Clearly after 4CC, he should've asked her to withdraw from JW so she can ensure she can make the top ten at worlds.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wow! This is going to be a great world championships.
Especially in the Men's Event. It's scary to say this, but I think that a MINIMUM 60 point SP is needed to even make the top 24!!! In years past, a mid 50s score would of been enough. There are 13 men's skaters who have earned 70+ SP

In the women's there are 9 skaters with a 60+ SP PB

In Pairs, it looks like a 123 Russia, however, can Ekaterina/Harley spoil the party

In Dance, it's a Russia USA affair.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Updates posted today:

South Korea's Ye Lim Kim has been replaced by So Hyun An
(Ouch! What happened to Ye Lim?! :-/)

Sweden's Gabriel Folkesson has been replaced by Nikolaj Majorov
(Alexander's younger brother)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow! This is going to be a great world championships.
Especially in the Men's Event. It's scary to say this, but I think that a MINIMUM 60 point SP is needed to even make the top 24!!! In years past, a mid 50s score would of been enough. There are 13 men's skaters who have earned 70+ SP

In the women's there are 9 skaters with a 60+ SP PB

In Pairs, it looks like a 123 Russia, however, can Ekaterina/Harley spoil the party

In Dance, it's a Russia USA affair.

Aussies definitely can spoil the party in Pairs, considering that M/M are not skating together anymore. And Czechs won't be defending title either. A little suprised Daniel is back at JWC, but I guess it's because of not geting spot to senior Worlds. Really curious how he will do. The season so far wasn't particulary good...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Updates today:

Michel Tsiba (NED) no longer listed
Caya Scheepens (NED) no longer listed

Emmi Peltonen (FIN) replaced by Viveca Lindfors O_O

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
:noshake: I would love to know why. Not that they had spectacular results at the Challenge Cup (and Caya was the second-best junior, apparently), but still...
I read through the topic, and Caya Scheepens met the tech requirements.
Shame shame.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Updates today:

Emmi Peltonen (FIN) replaced by Viveca Lindfors O_O

Probably Emmi is concentrating on worlds. Maybe wise decision.

Nirti

Medalist
:noshake: I would love to know why. Not that they had spectacular results at the Challenge Cup (and Caya was the second-best junior, apparently), but still...
I read through the topic, and Caya Scheepens met the tech requirements.
Shame shame.

It seems that Dutch Fed doesn't want to pay the cost of a travel to Taipei for 2 skaters who will only do the short program... I disapprove this, but some Europeans countries does all to kill their national figure skating.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It seems that Dutch Fed doesn't want to pay the cost of a travel to Taipei for 2 skaters who will only do the short program... I disapprove this, but some Europeans countries does all to kill their national figure skating.

Requirements to compete at ISU Championships twice as hard as ISU ones, you mean?... Yeah, not really great way to develop sport.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
While I cannot be sure that's the reason, it sure does feel that way, doesn't it? *sigh*

Nirti

Medalist
Requirements to compete at ISU Championships twice as hard as ISU ones, you mean?... Yeah, not really great way to develop sport.

Yes, ISU minimum technical scores were necessary to avoid to many entries with low level (without, we could easily have 70 girls short program ^^), but if the federations add other requirements, that's counterproductive and demotivating. That's the last junior season for Michel Tsiba, he did progressed enough to reach TES, and finally no JW for him? :(

While I cannot be sure that's the reason, it sure does feel that way, doesn't it? *sigh*

Yes I don't know the official reason too, maybe both are injured (and I would feel a bit stupid :biggrin:), but the coincidence is too big... And for a wealthy country of 18 millions inhabitants were skating was born, that's a bit deceiving to send nobody at Junior Worlds :(

Alex D

Record Breaker

There are quite some skaters who need to pay it all by themselves, sadly :(

yyzskater

On the Ice
There are quite some skaters who need to pay it all by themselves, sadly :(

Yes, I have spoken to a number of skaters who have had no help from their respective federations, even to go to Senior worlds. But it's also their only chance to compete at that level, so it's a trade off. One that many skaters and their parents feel is worth it.