2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies SP

Nathan13

Medalist
This looks like it will be a really competitive event-- I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up, as the sectional scores at the top are really close.

matscol

Rinkside
If everybody is healthy, this could be the most interesting event of the week. Wishing all the skaters the best.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Great interview with Maxine, well done IM. A really sweet young skater who does have some serious skating skills, the jumps will come for her, I hope. Liza is in the same category, IMO, nice skating skills and someone I think can be a competitor long-term. I don't think either can win this year (and who really cares - Emily, Bradie, Amber, etc) but I think they both can build on the experience. Of all the Jr skaters at Nationals, these 2 may be more competitive than the rest for years to come. I'm off to the event for some bbq and some jr/sr skating ;)) good luck to all competitors!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Great interview with Maxine, well done IM. A really sweet young skater who does have some serious skating skills, the jumps will come for her, I hope. Liza is in the same category, IMO, nice skating skills and someone I think can be a competitor long-term. I don't think either can win this year (and who really cares - Emily, Bradie, Amber, etc) but I think they both can build on the experience. Of all the Jr skaters at Nationals, these 2 may be more competitive than the rest for years to come. I'm off to the event for some bbq and some jr/sr skating ;)) good luck to all competitors!

Speaking of Maxine, is that Gracie's old coach standing next to her??

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yes, Alex Ouriashev has been Maxine's coach for 9 years.

I have never heard of her. Does she have giant jumps like Gracie ? This is the second new thing I've learned in the last hour. Cleary, I'm not as smart and full of knowledge as I thought I was. Thanks Chemistry66..:thank:

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I would love to see how USFS deals with Starr, Alexia, and Ashley. Each with their own potentials and have the technical capabilities that the US needs to combat against Japan and Russia (and S. Korea :p) in the junior field.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I have never heard of her. Does she have giant jumps like Gracie ? This is the second new thing I've learned in the last hour. Cleary, I'm not as smart and full of knowledge as I thought I was. Thanks Chemistry66..:thank:

Honestly, I googled "Maxine Bautista Alex Ouriashev" and clicked on a few of the articles to find out the coaching info. I've never seen Maxine skate, but learning good basic searching techniques works wonders sometimes.

Nathan13

Medalist
Anybody have predictions?
I am saying: 1. Starr Andrews 2. Kaitlyn Nguyen 3. Alexia Paganini 4. Haley Beavers 5. Nina Ouellette 6. Brynne McIsaac

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I think I might just spend the 50 bucks on ice network just so I can watch the younger skaters' competitions.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm excited!!!! Yeep!!!! Finally an event where I'm excited to see some skaters skate plus me being awake.

BackSpiral

Rinkside
I think I might just spend the 50 bucks on ice network just so I can watch the younger skaters' competitions.

If you subscribe for the season pass today, use the promo code CHAMPS17 and you can get it for $24.99.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the other posts!

Last edited:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
emmy ma first to go...pretty pink sparkly dress...
mature skater, operaish music...
3lz-toe, nice
2axel
she's elegant skater

eta: sp score: 60.31

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
maxine marie bautista up next....white pretty dress
fell on 2axel,
3toe 3toe
score: 52.37

eta: I think that's Alex O....Gracie's old coach...he seems like a pretty chill guy, warm smile at KnC.

Last edited:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Kaitlyn Nguyen...3lz-3t (nice), 3loop (nice), 2axel (out of transition)
score: 57.80
I think she needs a better choreographer.

eta: ivan dinev, her coach, is hot, laughs!