2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies SP

Bonnie F

On the Ice
Wishing these junior ladies wouldn't pull their tights over tops of their skates. I always find that distracting.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This Paganini gal has a lovely quality; not to mention good jumps!

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Alexia Paganini skated a beautiful program. She's been a favorite of mine since I first heard of her, that was great!

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
up next alexia paganini....
light blue dress
3lz-3t (nice)
good speed
soothing bird music
nice transition into spin
3loop (nice)
2axel
she nailed the program....I think she will lead....
mature elegant skate

sp score: 52.90, oops what happened, lol

jimini

On the Ice
I wonder why she looked so disappointed after her skate? It kind of looked like she doubled the Lutz in that Lutz-3T combo, but I couldn't tell and have no replay on icenetwork.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I wonder why she looked so disappointed after her skate? It kind of looked like she doubled the Lutz in that Lutz-3T combo, but I couldn't tell and have no replay on icenetwork.

Her program was so great, it had to be the opening combo that messed it up for her. Regardless she is definitely one to watch.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I recorded the combo for my snap story, and it did look doubled. But 52?! It is the PCS? I hate that we only get PCS on streams for seniors...we have to wait until after the event is over....

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
ashley Lin up next!

huge axel (nice transition leading up to it)
3flip-3t(UR, and problem with landing)
memory music from Andrew Lloyd webber
nice smile
good 3loop

sp score: 52.38

bytheriver

On the Ice
I recorded the combo for my snap story, and it did look doubled. But 52?! It is the PCS? I hate that we only get PCS on streams for seniors...we have to wait until after the event is over....

It must be the PCS, they can't have hammered her that hard over the botched combo. Emmy is leading with a triple-double combo (although beautiful). Her spins weren't very centered - that might be the issue. It distracted me at one point.

EDIT: She also didn't get much distance on her jumps or have difficult entrances (that I could see). Emmy had some features on her jumps that probably upped GOE.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It must be the PCS, they can't have hammered her that hard over the botched combo. Emmy is leading with a triple-double combo (although beautiful). Her spins weren't very centered - that might be the issue. It distracted me at one point.

I find it unfair that junior get lower PCS despite if they have a VERY good skate.

bytheriver

On the Ice
I find it unfair that junior get lower PCS despite if they have a VERY good skate.

I don't disagree. I think it was a disadvantage for the girls in group one to all go after Emmy who had superior extension and polish. She seems like the type of skater that has everything to succeed in the senior ranks EXCEPT the jumps. She was giving me all sorts of Kwan vibes.

KatGrace1925

Medalist

EDIT: She also didn't get much distance on her jumps or have difficult entrances (that I could see). Emmy had some features on her jumps that probably upped GOE.

She is a new junior, she has time to polish her skating skills. I just really enjoyed that performance and definitely would have marked it higher.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
There's already a lot of score bunching. Paganini, Lin, and Bautista all within just over 0.5 points. Including Nguyen and Ma and the range is still only 8 points.

Only halfway done and the FS already has potential to be veeeeeeeeery interesting.