TV and Live Stream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

TV and Live Stream

Lissy

Medalist
Have you emptied your cache?

I use a MacBook Air and have been able to watch.

Thanks for the suggestion! I previously tried that and it didn't work. But I did a restart on my computer and now it's working after having not doing anything? Idk. Technology is weird but at least it's working so no complaints from me! :confused2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the suggestion! I previously tried that and it didn't work. But I did a restart on my computer and now it's working after having not doing anything? Idk. Technology is weird but at least it's working so no complaints from me! :confused2:

Yeah, sometimes I switch browsers too...I think IN is just buggy. :/

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah, sometimes I switch browsers too...I think IN is just buggy. :/

That's putting it politely! IN tech is antiquated. I can't watch on my iPad using Safari. Have to use Puffin, which doesn't always work well w IN's platform.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't read anything here about IceNetwork's new app. I would say I rather like it, except I don't see where you can actually see any videos or the live events. Am I missing something?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
What is the Skate Radio that IceNetwork's viewer guide mentions? Is that just for people attending the competition (I know attendees receive little radios so they can hear commentary as they watch the event) or is the Skate Radio audio commentary also livestreamed online somewhere? Does anyone know?

Skate Radio is one of the highlights of the year. Basically it is technical calling, not commentary. It gives you a screen with the planned elements and shows what scores the skater gets in real time, and keeps updating them till they are finalized so you can see it evolves. The host tend to be more technical, like last year rather than just saying what level a spin was called, they talked about what or what not happened to get that call. They focused a lot on getting the fly in and getting the proper position soon enough. I have found Skate Radio a great way for a laymen to learn little ins and outs.

It is streamed live at US Nationals or has been the last few years. The links tend to float around.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Skate Radio is also available on the Ice Network app as well.

ozmodiar

On the Ice
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't read anything here about IceNetwork's new app. I would say I rather like it, except I don't see where you can actually see any videos or the live events. Am I missing something?

No, you're not. The lack of video makes it almost useless to me. Every other paid subscription sports app includes video broadcasts, why is Icenetwork in the dark ages?

shaneb

Rinkside
Does anybody know if Icenetwork has recently made changes to their website? When I have tried to watch the events this week on my Mac, I have received the error "You can not play this media on the current browser / platform." I've never received this error before and used this laptop to watch events from the Grand Prix series.

Try updating your flash player. Icenetwork uses flash...most operating systems are trying to phase flash out so if you have updated your OS X on your mac book air recently it may have affected your flash player. I would try downloading the newest flash and see if that fixes it. Its my guess that that is the probable issue😉

LadyB

Record Breaker
I managed to find streams for NBC, and NBCSN.

If they are different from the one Cathlen mentinoned, could you share the link, please? Thanks very much in advance!

Canadian TV was accessible via nowwatchtvlive.co yesterday. It didn't work with NBCSN, at least not for me.

princessalica

Final Flight
I wish that they backstage streaming was working like last year. I loved seeing the detailed protocol as it happened.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

statmam

On the Ice
IN finally said today that Skate Radio is available only on the new app.

(Not via computer, which is a bummer :(.)

Regarding Skate Radio, IceNetwork sent the following email apology which I share with anyone else who was similarly annoyed/irritated/disappointed: "There was some miscommunication going on behind the scenes, and we were not informed that Skate Radio was not going to be available on the backstage stream until just before the event was to start on Saturday. We apologize for the confusion."