2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD

labgoat

Updating WJC rewatches...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
M/J very nice. She reminds me of both Anna Cappellini and Laurie Hernandez. He is unique and expressive.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
I really liked Manta and Johnson's choreo by Dean. We haven't seen much hip hop today so far, have we?

mrrice

Record Breaker
That short clip of Evan and Madison workin' it with the Hip Hop was cute..

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ponomaryova / Altukhov: Clean opening lift that didn't have that much impact, though. Blues step sequence could have deeper edges. Sometimes the timing of their legs don't match with each other. Overall, both of them could work on the synchronization of their leg action and having a stretched leg line. They sort of danced through the music without really bringing it out.

labgoat

Updating WJC rewatches...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
P/A did not grab me. I could feel their intensity, but agreed with Tanith that their lack of flow cut down the impact. I also felt their facial expressions did not reach the far seats.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Mindboggling that it's 100x easier to watch Russian/Japanese nationals than US nationals. Not even a crappy 360p stream.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Kseniya Ponomaryova, Skokie Valley SC / Oleg Altukhov, North County FSC

She just looks Russian. Like that Russian blonde bombshell look. Red asymmetical miniskirt with a choker and one sleeve and black sparkly lace overlay covering the whole thing. He's in suspenders. I like that version of house of the rising sun. Neato lift entrance. Needs more polish

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ponomaryova / Altukhov: Clean opening lift that didn't have that much impact, though. Blues step sequence could have deeper edges. Sometimes the timing of their legs don't match with each other. Overall, both of them could work on the synchronization of their leg action and having a stretched leg line. They sort of danced through the music without really bringing it out.

Yay, you're here! :bow:

Lissy

Medalist
The improvement that these two have made is so unbelievably impressive! What a fun program and GREAT twizzle choreography especially!

TMC

Record Breaker
I know it's got some negative reviews, but I think that this SD is one of the best things that ever happened in the world. Not in the world of ice dance, in the world period :laugh2:

charmblade

Final Flight
Madison and Zach did a really good job selling that. Best we've seen of this program this season, IMHO.