Boots on the ground | Golden Skate

Boots on the ground

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, here is our list of folks who have admitted to attending.
If you want to join our #slack group on your phone, GS at Worlds, contact sabinfire or Mrs. P.
I am technologically challanged. Just remember that other GSers from around the universe will be listening in
and looking at our pics of each other nodding off in the stands, drooling....
If you would like to join up for dinner or ? formally or informally, that is fine. Just remember that many of us
will have other friends there and committments. But I hope we can join up at least Sunday night around 6:30 pm
at a place like the flying saucer for those of us not going to the gala.
Most of us play well with others. I know a few of you personally. And we all
have other friends we interact with. As we found out at other events we GSers
have got together at, some are shy and dont wish to have themselves known,
which is fine, while others like to mingle. We have had I think 6 dinners I can think
of and they were all enjoyable. If you would like to say hi to me, I will be the only 6 ft 2", 165 lb male
with a mustache and a red motorcycle jacket and a ball cap in the place.
Since I am very old, I would like to write down your real first name and maybe a note or two about you
so I can remember you. If you do not want me to do that, just say so. My real seat is near the ice in 119.
everyone have fun and be safe. And it is suprisingly easy to fall going to and from your seat....
(feel free to add a tidbit or two about yourself below if you wish)

Coyote Chris 2707
MFarone 720
sk8dc 964
A. H. Black 776
louisa05 708
skatelikewind1966 213

semosk8tfan 964

Teddy99 10

shiroKJ 2905

Liz1201 37

msz 3

sixtyandskating 1

KKonas 1161

sabinfire 6061

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK, here is our list of folks who have admitted to attending.
If you want to join our #slack group on your phone, GS at Worlds, contact sabinfire or Mrs. P.
I am technologically challanged. Just remember that other GSers from around the universe will be listening in
and looking at our pics of each other nodding off in the stands, drooling....
If you would like to join up for dinner or ? formally or informally, that is fine. Just remember that many of us
will have other friends there and committments. But I hope we can join up at least Sunday night around 6:30 pm
at a place like the flying saucer for those of us not going to the gala.
Most of us play well with others. I know a few of you personally. And we all
have other friends we interact with. As we found out at other events we GSers
have got together at, some are shy and dont wish to have themselves known,
which is fine, while others like to mingle. We have had I think 6 dinners I can think
of and they were all enjoyable. If you would like to say hi to me, I will be the only 6 ft 2", 165 lb male
with a mustache and a red motorcycle jacket and a ball cap in the place.
Since I am very old, I would like to write down your real first name and maybe a note or two about you
so I can remember you. If you do not want me to do that, just say so. My real seat is near the ice in 119.
everyone have fun and be safe. And it is suprisingly easy to fall going to and from your seat....
(feel free to add a tidbit or two about yourself below if you wish)

Coyote Chris 2707
MFarone 720
sk8dc 964
A. H. Black 776
louisa05 708
skatelikewind1966 213

semosk8tfan 964

Teddy99 10

shiroKJ 2905

Liz1201 37

msz 3

sixtyandskating 1

KKonas 1161

sabinfire 6061

Hello from California!! I hope you guys have the time of your lives. I keep seeing weather reports about Icy roads so I hope everyone drives carefully as they travel to and from the arena during the event. Take tons of pictures. Trust me, if there's one thing I regret from the events I attended, it's that I don't have more still pictures of my experiences. One Note......As delicious as coffee may be, TEA is better for hydration in cold weather. So, coffee once you get to the arena. Tea, while you're out and about. 1 Hot Toddy at the Hotel Bar after you return from the arena...;)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hello from California!! I hope you guys have the time of your lives. I keep seeing weather reports about Icy roads so I hope everyone drives carefully as they travel to and from the arena during the event. Take tons of pictures. Trust me, if there's one thing I regret from the events I attended, it's that I don't have more still pictures of my experiences. One Note......As delicious as coffee may be, TEA is better for hydration in cold weather. So, coffee once you get to the arena. Tea, while you're out and about. Hot Toddy's at the Hotel Bar after you return from the arena...;)

Thanks! Wish you could join us. I have coffee, the worlds highest concentration of natural antioxidents, only first thing in the morning...then green tea....the second highest level of anti-oxidents. I only do microbrews at dinner, the worlds third....
I take lots of pics but only keep 100 from any event, skating or otherwise....for the memories.....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/media/skating/z.jpg.html?sort=3&o=22

Wow! I figured out how to change my profile pic on Slack! Not bad for a geezer.....:agree:

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Posting this here because it is of interest to those actually attending, I saw this on FSU:
"I just booked a Super Shuttle from MCI to the Westin Hotel - $15.84. They have a 12% Discount plus double airline points until February 28. Use the word FREEZ"

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
In the real world, my name is Lynda! I will be in section 115. Would love to meet up with others but will not be available on Sunday night, I am heading out after the Mens event concludes.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
In the real world, my name is Lynda! I will be in section 115. Would love to meet up with others but will not be available on Sunday night, I am heading out after the Mens event concludes.

Great! Well, I dont expect to have too many people on Sunday night as many will do the gala....we play things by ear...
Saw the 12 percent off too late! Darn! Two bucks down the hole again....maybe on the return trip....

b-man

Final Flight
I expect to arrive Tues. afternoon. I am also in section 119, about the same age (very old), but about 12 inches shorter. If my faves are in the gala, I will stay Sunday night, if not, may leave after men's FS.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Extra long drive due to fog that would do London proud but I made it to KC. First official event will be dance practice tomorrow night

louisa05

Final Flight
IRL, I'm Amy. I am about 5'6", blondish longish hair. Probably wearing black boots and carrying a bright pink Kate Spade purse. I will be with my teeny tiny mother (5'1" about 95 lbs) who will be wearing a white parka and carrying a gorgeous maroon purse with gold chain (I think...she could change her mind about using it as it is small).

We will be in section 121 for the ladies and mens free skates.

We would love to make dinner, but may have a funeral Monday morning, with a two hour drive, and have a three and a half hour drive home Sunday evening. So count us as undecided.

What is the slack group? How does it work?

Last edited:

sk8dc

On the Ice
In my 60's 5'8" section 108 but tend to roam. Maroon and black puffy long down coat. Here For all ice dancing and whatever else looks good. Off to junior dance practice mid day. Novice dance in Independence tonight. If anyone discovers a cheap way to/from Independence, let me in on it! Maybe we can share an uber?

Will never attend Nationals again where there is no shuttle for spectators. We spent real money to support skating! We should get some consideration in return

Teddy99

Rinkside
So Im Karen, 5'2" you will probably notice me by my bright orange puffer jacket....warm but easy to carry around. I get in Thursday and leaving after Mens LP and I'm in section Section 115 or 116 cant remember. Staying at the Comfort Inn Downtown Kansas City. should we post pics of ourselves?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

In my 60's 5'8" section 108 but tend to roam. Maroon and black puffy long down coat. Here For all ice dancing and whatever else looks good. Off to junior dance practice mid day. Novice dance in Independence tonight. If anyone discovers a cheap way to/from Independence, let me in on it! Maybe we can share an uber?

Will never attend Nationals again where there is no shuttle for spectators. We spent real money to support skating! We should get some consideration in return

Just a side note...I'm in DC too!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm made coyotechris and sabinfire admins on the Slack group, so I'd recommend sending either those two (or me) your email so we can invite you to the group -- it's a really effective way to communicate on site!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm made coyotechris and sabinfire admins on the Slack group, so I'd recommend sending either those two (or me) your email so we can invite you to the group -- it's a really effective way to communicate on site!

Yes, Slack was a great tool to use during Worlds, for meetups and just commenting on the competitors. Thanks to Mrs. P for setting it up for us!

If I want to join the nationals group remotely (not attending, just want to hear what's happening firsthand), can I get access, too? Do I need to resend my email?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, Slack was a great tool to use during Worlds, for meetups and just commenting on the competitors. Thanks to Mrs. P for setting it up for us!

If I want to join the nationals group remotely (not attending, just want to hear what's happening firsthand), can I get access, too? Do I need to resend my email?

No, it's basically the same group, so if you log-in you'll get access. The only thing you can't access at the moment (and I can't either) is a #nationals channel that someone created. However, I've encouraged people to used the existing channels as well, which you'll be able to see.

And that's a great point -- it's a great way to get firsthand reports/photos for those who are already on the Slack group!

sk8dc

On the Ice
Coyotechris: we met today! You were leaving Sprint to go to Consentinos and I was entering Sprint having left Consentino's! I recognized you right away but stood there babbling because I couldnt remember your name. See you again, I hope

enlight78

Medalist
Hi, Cord here, will be coming in. Saturday, Section 116 6ft 30 male with goatee, first time at Nationals

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk