Practice Reports! | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So excited that practice for 3 out of the 4 championship events starts today!

For any of you kind souls in KC with the time and energy to post your thoughts and impressions, they would be much appreciated!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thank you for starting this thread. I am so excited to hear how the skaters are looking. With my other favorite sport (Tennis) on TV right now I have been going back and forth between sites. My tennis wife, Serena Williams won her opening match and so did my Canadian Fav, Genie Bouchard. It was a great first day.

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I went to the dance practice tonight. Only 3 teams showed up. The rest missed the pleasure of seeing my smiling face in the third row.

Hawayek and Baker look in fighting shape. Their SD run thru was great, (the butt shimmy was right in front of me. Jean-Luc made this older lady's night). Their edges, speed, and quietness is so impressive. Katelyn is all grown up and has crossed the line from pretty to gorgeous. Her warm up outfit is chic, sexy and fit her like a glove, oh to be that young and trim! Must also mention Pasquale was in the stands after their practice...wowza.

Are you beginning to see why I love ice dance?

Other teams were:
Ponomaryova/Altukunov, they have some interesting lifts;

Reynolds sibs, their routine is to the pink panther and is interesting. They have such joy in being at nationals, enjoyed watching them.

I will be at ladies practice in Independence before moving downtown for tomorrow night's jr dance. Sure hope more ladies brave the trek east

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you Tavi, for starting this thread.
Also thanks to everyone who has been and will be reporting here.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I went to the dance practice tonight. Only 3 teams showed up. The rest missed the pleasure of seeing my smiling face in the third row.

Hawayek and Baker look in fighting shape. Their SD run thru was great, (the butt shimmy was right in front of me. Jean-Luc made this older lady's night). Their edges, speed, and quietness is so impressive. Katelyn is all grown up and has crossed the line from pretty to gorgeous. Her warm up outfit is chic, sexy and fit her like a glove, oh to be that young and trim! Must also mention Pasquale was in the stands after their practice...wowza.

Are you beginning to see why I love ice dance?

Other teams were:
Ponomaryova/Altukunov, they have some interesting lifts;

Reynolds sibs, their routine is to the pink panther and is interesting. They have such joy in being at nationals, enjoyed watching them.

I will be at ladies practice in Independence before moving downtown for tomorrow night's jr dance. Sure hope more ladies brave the trek east

Thanks semosk8fan - really appreciate your taking the time to post your impressions! I love Jean-Luc and Kaitlyn so glad to hear they're looking good!

mrrice

Record Breaker
^^Usually yes. It makes it easier for the coaches to see a skaters body line against the color of the ice. I not sure about skating but, that why we do it dance.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you have Periscope, SpicySkate was posting videos last night and live tweeting from the ladies' practice.

A video of Mirai's run through from last night can be seen on their Twitter account. There's also one of Bradie Tennell, but it's hard to see.

ETA: further down the page, there's also one of Mariah Bell.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
TSL has started tweeting from the men's practice this morning.

So far: Scott Dyer has a lovely program, Vincent Zhou has landed a few 4S and Andrew Torgeshev has a nice 3A. :)