2017 Canadian Nats Junior Mens FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Junior Mens FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks... i just figured it out ;) hard to make pasta and be a skating fan at the same time ;)
I have no link for you, but go to dailymotion.com and input the competition name and up pops some choices. I found it, you can!!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
thanks :) zamboni time i guess :) how were the first two groups? any big surprises?

Brian Le skated a practically flawless FS. Ted was very happy for him. Zachary Daleman had a better FS than at sectionals. Iliya Kovler did alright as well. Had to fight for some of his jumps. Brandon Day fell like 4 times but showed some good commitment to his program despite the bad technical elements. Graham Schaufele showed some good moments in his programs too.

With three of the top Central Ontario guys in this last flight I'm going to focus on watching and will come back later to read everyone's comments. Enjoy!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Oh yeah I forgot to mention but I accidentally clicked the Junior Men's FS protocols and there were actually protocols uploaded. So you guys can view the official final documents as they are being uploaded. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Samuel Turcotte is working to pull it back together after falls on his early jumps. Something about his upper body posture speaks of a recent growth spurt that's not entirely done.

Such a tough level for men. They are expected to start to pull off combos, keep in the harder triples and often as not are going through their growth.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The quality of some jumps was really nice. But he won't be a top competitior without 3A...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Huge applause for Stephen! I agree with commentator, amazing rotation!

ETA: Love the plushie he got!

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Stephen Gogolev receives a standing ovation. Two 3As, fall on the 4S... 142.88 for the FS and 210.06 overall.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg ;) i love conrad ;) i guess wearing green is always an asset to get my favours!!!! I think he may take this...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great skate from Conrad! He can be a spoiler at JWC :)

ETA: He has very Polish surname. I don't know about his roots, but in Polish his surname means "eagle" :)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg... steven won on PCS not on TES.. not sure i agree with this... i thought Conrad had more presence and maturity ... don't hear me wrong... WOW at Steven... i just thought Conrad skated just as well tonight...

TGee

Record Breaker
Lovely skate by Conrad....hoped he would get more in PCS as he sold the program well, and saw good SS in there.

Interesting interview, hearing him speak about how earlier in his career he was the one with the tech, and now he needs to bring up the program components.