2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Free Dance

jcoates

Medalist
The Parsons were terrific. Freak fall during final step sequence by Carpenter. Will that drip them out of second?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The Parsons were terrific. Freak fall during final step sequence by Carpenter. Will that drip them out of second?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They currently have 93+ while PCS is being finalized. They're going to be bronze. because 70+93 won't get them over Carreira/Ponomarenko.

Ouch.

TMC

Record Breaker
That step sequence error may have just cost McNamara/Carpenter the title.

I was mesmerised by the Parsons and ready to give them all the golds, but then 2015-2016 Lorraine and Quinn showed up and I thought that's it they have to win. And then the random fall.

Well, at least this makes it absolutely clear. If they hadn't had the fall and had won, I think a lot of people would have been very unhappy.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeeeeooouuucch. Bronze. :noshake: Well, the others did well deserve the gold and silver so I'm happy for them, especially Carreira/Ponomarenko.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Funny how things have changed. Had the Parsons ever beaten M/C before the JGPF? Now they are easily beating them.

sarama

Medalist
This is karma telling Lorraine and Quinn they should have moved up to seniors... and I say this as their biggest fan:slink:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, the top group was fabulous (Quinn's freak fall aside). Very happy for the Parsons. There will be such great competition among seniors in the next quad.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've seen nothing, but I'm shocked M/C are in third! :eekn: They really should have moved up to seniors, like Pogrebinsky/Benoit did. That aside, I'm happy for Parsons sibs, I really like their programs this season :)

Ross74

Medalist
I'm a bit out of touch. Are the Becker sibs still skating?

Nice competition! I enjoyed the Parsons and M/C.

slider11

Medalist
I'm curious why so many think that McNamara and Carpenter should have moved up this year to seniors. I get it that they won the National and World Junior titles, so what's left, but with the senior field currently so deep I think it makes some sense to "lay low" at the junior level and then enter seniors next year (from what I read one of the partners is aging out of juniors). Even though the field will still be deep next year, it gives them time to be still considered new and fresh and post-Olympics be prepared to step up into the top seniors. The fall today was really unfortunate especially during that high-point diagonal sequence. But even if the fall had not happened, I don't think they would have beaten the Parsons. The Parsons FD was so unique and engaging that I think the gold rightly belongs to them.