2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies FS

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you sure. I've met a lot of Nguyen who pronounce it "wen".

Haha honestly I have no clue! I was operating under the assumption the announcer was going to butcher it no matter what, because that name usually gets butchered, so if they said it right after all, good!

frida80

Record Breaker
Haha honestly I have no clue! I was operating under the assumption the announcer was going to butcher it no matter what, because that name usually gets butchered, so if they said it right after all, good!

Their from Vietnam and have instructed me it's pronounced Nguyen. Which is why I'm I'm confused why some announced pronounce it differently.

bytheriver

On the Ice
Maxine Bautista - Clean 3F to start. Hand down on the 3Lz. Nice 3Lo-2T. Lots of energy in the step sequence, and pretty spiral. Slowed down a ton into the 3Lo and fell. Recovered with the 3T-2T, although maybe slightly UR. Fall on the 3T, probably a stamina issue. Fall on the 2A meant no planned 2-1-2 combo.

A little aggressive/nervous gum chewing from Alex in the KnC, LOL. Bit of a wait on her score.

81.60 FS - 133.97 total - into 5th

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Blarrrgghhh stream dies. I was enjoying that performance, and extra points for using Liza's music (one of my favorite skating pieces of music).

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Come on, IN, just hold it together for Emmy and I'll leave you alone for a... half an hour. ;)

bytheriver

On the Ice
Ashley Lin - A nice amount of speed into the 3Lo and a nice smile on her face. Clean 2A. Nice 3F-1Lo-3S, fought for the combo and took her time. Clean 3Lz. She has a lot of charisma as a skater - the audience is getting into it. Nice 2A, fell on the attached 3T. A bit UR on the 3F. Finishing the jumps out with a good 3Lo-2T.

She looks pleased with herself! Other than the fall, a nice program! I appreciate that she went for the 3T on that combo instead of popping it. Shows grit. You can tell she genuinely loves to skate. She might medal.

100.96 FS - 153.34 total - into 3rd over Paganini

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
We're thisclose to having a Junior champion who is age-ineligible for Junior Worlds. Wow.

I can't wait to see Kaitlyn on the JGP next season.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
We're thisclose to having a Junior champion who is age-ineligible for Junior Worlds. Wow.

I can't wait to see Kaitlyn on the JGP next season.

Well, if Emmy can't put a high enough score togetherx that is. Forgot there's still one to go.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Their from Vietnam and have instructed me it's pronounced Nguyen. Which is why I'm I'm confused why some announced pronounce it differently.

Some people in an attempt to get it correct have the prounounce it "Wynn." But that "Ng" sound is hard, even for me.

Last edited:

bytheriver

On the Ice
Emmy Ma - She needs to be absolutely clean given her lower TES. Such a lovely skater. 3Lo-2T with arms up on the double toe. Her arm variations look so effortless. 3Lz-2T with arms up on the 2T again. Clean 3F and 2A. Ugh, I love her spins. A little messy on the 3Lo, but she fought for it. That spiral!! <3 Two-footed the 3Lz, probably UR. 2F-2Lo-2Lo with a fall on the last 2Lo. Probably UR on the last jump. Lovely spin to finish.

Ugh, those mistakes. Not sure she can make the podium with those given her TES, but she was grinding it out and did everything she could to succeed.

They are hammering her with URs, geez. Her PCS is probably among the highest in the comp though - deservedly.

89.57 FS - 149.88 total - into 4th place over Paganini

frida80

Record Breaker
Well I predicted Kaitlyn and Starr would be 1 and 2, and I was right. Good job ladies. Not perfect but a lot of potential! Work hard for next season!