2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies FS | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
U.S. Nationals Figure Skating Championships
Jan. 14-22
Kansas City, Mo.

The championship ladies will skate their free skate at 6:30 p.m., Central Standard Time, on Saturday, Jan. 21.

START ORDER

1 Hannah Miller, Lansing SC 17 48.73
2 Megan Wessenberg, SC of Boston 16 48.96
3 Courtney Hicks, All Year FSC 18 46.02
4 Rebecca Peng, SC of Boston 19 41.08
---
5 Ashley Shin, Dallas FSC 14 49.86
6 Amber Glenn, Dallas FSC 12 56.34
7 Franchesca Chiera, Panthers FSC 13 53.97
8 Katie McBeath, Westminster FSC of Erie 15 49.33
9 Angela Wang, Salt Lake Figure Skating 11 58.16
---
10 Bradie Tennell, Wagon Wheel FSC 9 59.77
11 Livvy Shilling, Sun Valley FSC 10 59.73
12 Paige Rydberg, All Year FSC 8 61.60
13 Caroline Zhang, All Year FSC 7 62.55
14 Mariah Bell, Rocky Mountain FSC 6 63.33
---
15 Gracie Gold, Wagon Wheel FSC 5 64.85
16 Tessa Hong, Broadmoor SC 4 65.02
17 Karen Chen, Peninsula SC 1 72.82
18 Ashley Wagner, SC of Wilmington 3 70.94
19 Mirai Nagasu, Pasadena FSC 2 71.95

ENTRIES
SkaterSectionals scoreSeason's best international
Ashley Wagner, SC of WilmingtonSP "Sweet Dreams are Made of These" by Annie Lennox; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3 by Muse; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
Bye196.44
Skate America
Mariah Bell, Rocky Mountain FSCSP "Roxie Heart,” “Hot Honey Rag” & “All That Jazz” from the Chicago soundtrack; choreo. by Rohene Ward
FS "East of Eden" by Lee Holdridge; choreo by Rohene Ward
Bye191.59
Skate America
Mirai Nagasu, Pasadena FSCSP Frédéric Chopin's Nocturne in C-Sharp Minor, No. 20; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle
FS "The Winner Takes it All" performed by Sarah Dawn Finer; choreo by David Wilson,
Bye189.11
Skate Canada Autumn Classic
Gracie Gold, Wagon Wheel FSC
SP "Assassin's Tango" from Mr & Mrs Smith; choreo by Lori NicholFS "Daphnis and Chloé" by Ravel; choreo by Lori Nichol
Bye184.22
Skate America
Amber Glenn, Dallas FSCSP Send In the Clowns, performed by Susan Boyle; choreo by Scott Brown, Darlene Cain
FS Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin, arranged by Arthur Fiedler; choreo by Scott Brown, Darlene Cain
162.06 (M3)183.60
Golden Spin
Courtney Hicks, All Year FSCSP Maleficent (soundtrack) by James Newton Howard; choreo by Rohene Ward
LP The Hunchback of Notre Dame (soundtrack) by Alan Menken; choreo by Jonathan Cassar
Bye182.96
Rostelecom Cup
Karen Chen, Peninsula SCSP "On Golden Pond" by Dave Grusin; choreo by Jonathan Cassar and Karen Chen
FS "Jealousy Tango" by various artists; choreo by Jonathan Cassar and Karen Chen
Bye179.39
Cup of China
Bradie Tennell, Wagon Wheel FSCBye168.98
Tallinn Trophy
Paige Rydberg, All Year FSC SP Egyptian Melody" by the Boston Pops Orchestra; choreo by Mary Beth Marley
FS Evita by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Mary Beth Marley

Bye
U.S. Figure Skating Classic
Megan Wessenberg, SC of BostonSP "I Put a Spell on You" by Jay Hawkins, performed by Annie Lennox; choreo by Jamie Isley
FS various James Bond soundtracks; choreo by Jamie Isley
156.51 (E2)148.82
JGP Czech Skate
Tessa Hong, Broadmoor SCSP “Ave Maria” by Vavilov/Cacchini; choreo. by Drew Meekins
FS "Caruso" by Lucio Dalla; choreo. by Drew Meekins
168.80 (M1)143.90
JGP Tallinn Cup
Franchesca Chiera, Panthers FSC
SP "Perfection" from Black Swan by Clint MansellFS "At Last" by Etta James
166.85 (E1)137.21
Skate Canada Autumn Classic
Angela Wang, Salt Lake Figure Skating SP Somewhere Over the Rainbow; sung by Katharine McPhee; choreo. by Phillip Mills
LP "In the Mood" and The Notebook soundtrack, choreo. by Jeffrey Buttle
185.97 (P1)
Caroline Zhang, All Year FSCSP "The Swan" by Saint-Saens; choreo by Peter Oppegard
FS Nella Fantasia, The Mission; choreo by Peter Oppegard
180.64 (P2)
Livvy Shilling, Sun Valley FSC169.84 (P3)
Hannah Miller, Lansing SCSP Arabesque" by Benise (last season's program); Choreographed by Nadia Kanaeva
FS "Spring Wind", "The Unbending Chinese Tree", and "Ad Martem" by Havasi; Choreographed by Nadia Kanaeva

162.23 (M2)
Kaite McBeath, Westminster FSC of Eric150.46 (E3)
Rebecca Peng, SC of Boston SP Out Here On My Own
FS Scheherazade by Rimsky-Korsakov
149.56 (E4)
Ashley Shin, Dallas FSC145.23

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
what a nice surprise to see Karen and Mirai in 1st and 2nd.
Ashley in 3rd is also where she likes to be going into the free no?
Going to be an exciting Free skate.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Mirai going last, eh?
They really like to create drama. :devil: go Mirai :laugh2:
Perfect spot for the score and perfect spot for also you know :devil:

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
I have a feeling the sequence of skaters' position of the final group is foreshadowing the final standing of the competition.

The first shall be last (in this case 5th position) and the last shall be first.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I have a feeling the sequence of skaters' position of the final group is foreshadowing the final standing of the competition.

The first shall be last (in this case 5th position) and the last shall be first.

If Mirai wins, it will be nine years after her last national title. I would suspect that nine years between titles would set a time record in just about every country's national competition.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Mirai going last, eh?
They really like to create drama. :devil: go Mirai :laugh2:
Perfect spot for the score and perfect spot for also you know :devil:

Either way i will bring my box of kleenex tissue.

Mirai size.

nguyhm

On the Ice
I will be so nervous.... nail biting until the end. Anticipate not being able to go to sleep afterwards - go Mirai (not to jinx her though). Wish everyone the best skate of their life.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie i believe will set the tone for the final group. If she does what she usually does in the LP at Nationals she will skate clean or very close and get a huge score which might rattle some of the girls that will follow her. If she skates so so or bombs the pressure will be off.

truthbooth

On the Ice
Omg, Mirai is last. If she skates clean, it would be hard to deny her. And I will be an emotional mess. *Crossing my fingers*

Bruin714

On the Ice
Unfortunate for Mariah Bell. She might be held back because she's not in the last group. I wonder when and why the change from 6 to 5 skaters in the final group happened.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Unfortunate for Mariah Bell. She might be held back because she's not in the last group. I wonder when and why the change from 6 to 5 skaters in the final group happened.

I think it's because there are only 19 skaters vs 22 (which they had last year). Instead of 5-5-6-6, they are doing 4-5-5-5.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, Gracie is in a perfect position. She gets to set the tone and she'll be fresh off her warm up. She also won't have to follow a screaming standing ovation should any of the Ladies ahead of her get one. The less time she has to think about what she could "Lose" by skating badly, the better. At this point, I don't care how blank her face is, as long as she can stay on her feet tonight.

twirlingblades

Medalist

I think it's because there are only 19 skaters vs 22 (which they had last year). Instead of 5-5-6-6, they are doing 4-5-5-5.

***sorry, I don't know why this posted twice!

desertskates

Medalist
I think Ashley's going to bring it tonight :hap10: She looked very relaxed in the short. She also seems very fit and well trained. Just work on those spins, girl!!! Need to be much faster and sharper.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

As twirlingblades posted, it's because of the total number of skaters. 6 is the max they can have in one singles group (for warmup safety) but they always split the groups as evenly as possible. Helps with timing, and also fairness in a way since skaters in a bigger group don't have to wait longer after warm-up, or have to deal with more scuffed up ice.