2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have a question. If Max has a spectacular Free program and could move up into the top 10. Will they show him on a delay, or will they skip someone who drops out of the top 10?

If I was NBC, I would be recording Max's free skate and, if it's a spectacular fightback that is going to land him high up the order (remember, he could catapault as high as 4th in just seven points), I would then show it during the ice make between groups 2 and 3. This avoids the potentially embarassing scenario where Max ends up top 5/podium and NBC didn't show it. If however, his confidence is completely shot and he doesn't, then they can just not show him and quietly avoid it.

But that's what I would do if I was the producer; whether their producer is that smart/that aware is another thing entirely.

Is it starting right now or I messed up with time? :unsure:

It's starting right now.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
If I was NBC, I would be recording Max's free skate and, if it's a spectacular fightback that is going to land him high up the order (remember, he could catapault as high as 4th in just seven points), I would then show it during the ice make between groups 2 and 3. This avoids the potentially embarassing scenario where Max ends up top 5/podium and NBC didn't show it. If however, his confidence is completely shot and he doesn't, then they can just not show him and quietly avoid it.

But that's what I would do if I was the producer; whether their producer is that smart/that aware is another thing entirely.

I think the live TV coverage is only for groups 3 and 4 since the live coverage on NBC doesn't start until 4pm EST. So, we'd have to hope that they show it during the 6 minute warm-up. They did show Max's SP last night, so if he does skate really well, they might find some time to show all of it. I do have a small fear that they might end up only showing highlights of it rather than the whole thing.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Payannet
Missed the music
Red shirt with black cleavage cover

3A fall
3Lz-1T
3Lo
FCSp
3F
CSSp
StSq
3T
2A
3S-2T oh good I was wondering where his combos were
ChSq
2A
CCoSp

Only two combos. But a pretty good start to the men's FS.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Sebastien Payannet

He's wearing a muted version of Emmanuel's disco stu costume from last night, but with no collar. Dramatic classical, stiff arms, and shoulders that look veeeeery tight.

Fall
Lands combo, but with only a single on the end
Lands jump
Lands (but looks like he's saving these lands with a deeeeeep knee bend)
Combo sit that is his only green element currently
Nice gentle SS
Lands
Lands a 2A?
Lands combo
Lands another axel
combo spin

lol, I must have missed a spin in there. Mostly green in the second half. Not a disaster skate, just low difficulty

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Payannet
Missed the music
Red shirt with black cleavage cover

3A fall
3Lz-1T
3Lo
FCSp
3F
CSSp
StSq
3T
2A
3S-2T oh good I was wondering where his combos were
ChSq
2A
CCoSp

Only two combos. But a pretty good start to the men's FS.

Oh, good someone else is doing this I can stop :laugh:

temadd

Final Flight
So those tv sticks really work?

Yes but I had to put in my Drectv log in to get permission to watch NBCsn. Sometimes I can find a foreign stream with Kobi that a techie friend of mine loaded onto it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sebastien Payannet

Music: Piano Concerto No. 1; Dumky Trio

Red square-neck shirt, black pants

3A - fall
3Lz+1T - !
3Lo - skiddy
FCSp
3F - foot down
CSSp
StSq
3T - ok, hangs on
2A
3S+2T
ChSt
2A - forward
CCoSp - iffy exit

FS: 54.63+59.86-1.00 = 113.49, 170.56, 1/1

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Shotaro Omori

Looks quite dapper in a late 19th century gentlemanly way. Oh... he's skating to POTO. Yay. Nice 3A, +GOE. I do appreciate him using a different music cut than we usually get in the beginning. Juuuust saved that jump as the crescendo hit. Started looking a little tired in the second half, but his 3 jump combo was perfectly with the music. Big cheer from audience :clap:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Shotaro Omori (Los Angeles Figure Skating Club)
Phantom of the Opera oh god
In a tux, of course.
My god, it's been a while since he was the third American with Joshua and Jason on that Junior Worlds podium...

3A
3F
3Lz!-3T
StSq
FCSp
even I know some musical highlights are being wasted here
2A
3Lze<
3Lo
2A-2T
CSSp
ChSq he looks tired
3S-2T-2Lo
CCoSp

Not bad! He looks almost in pain at the end though, I hope he's not carrying an injury.