2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Is there a watery patch that we can't see on the ice?! This is the THIRD time we've seen skaters fall right in the same area! :dev2:

nocturnalis

Medalist
Um... the short dance was yesterday? That's a perfectly normal turnaround time for two events.

Was it yesterday night though? It feels like it's been a little less than a day. And ladies competed on Thursday, right? I would guess that the discipline that requires lifting would get more time to recover.

Plisskin

Medalist
Is the ice bad? Like...what the heck is with these falls and Alex clipping his boots on the boards???

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
If our dancers of all people can't hold it together.....

andromache

Record Breaker
ANOTHER FALLL?????

Ugh I think my stream is lagging since there were comments about the fall before I even saw it.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, C/B have a door wide open for the title, but not if that patch of ice has any say about it...

Lissy

Medalist
Yesterday Ashley said in her post short program interview that the ice was sticky (but she didn't use it as an excuse). Maybe the ice really is just bad quality?

bramweld

Record Breaker
They had a disaster of a skate. She slipped in the twizzles and it counted as a fall and then they both fell on a lift. It was heartbreaking

They must be crushed. But every pair has on of those disastrous skates. Well at the very least they got that awful, awful skate off their bucketlist :sad4::console:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Was it yesterday night though? It feels like it's been a little less than a day. And ladies competed on Thursday, right? I would guess that the discipline that requires lifting would get more time to recover.

Yesterday afternoon. Men were at night.

If anything, I'd say Group 1 might have a bit of a legit issue since they had to skate earlier. But not these later groups.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think this program really has to be totally clean and crisp to avoid being snoozy, and they just didn't do that today.