2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance

moriel

Record Breaker
With such coverage, im not surprised FS is losing popularity in USA.
Makes all sense.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Well at least we got a quick look at the Shibs.

seems like NBC has its priorities (1 sec of Shibutanis,that they got to the arena) and is back with ladies SP telenovela

'Sharm-el-Sheikh' about Paige's SP :laugh: lololol

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunately they're not considering us serious fans. They're after the casual fans who probably didn't know that nearly the ENTIRE SP was broadcast. It's like the people who whined about "spoilers" this summer when USA Gymnastics would post Olympic results live on FB because the NBC primetime broadcast hadn't happened yet.

Daniel was injured. Also they split.

Spoilers lololololol. If it's not for a fictional movie/TV show/book.....if it's non-fiction I don't believe it should be spoilers except for I guess things that can't be livestreamed.....

NBC is stupid. They need to understand that there are serious fans and casual fans need to do some work and go on YouTube.

bwayrose7

On the Ice
At work today with spotty wifi, so relying on you lovely folks to keep me posted :) although by the sound of it, I'm not missing much! I don't get it: dance is by far the best US discipline, so why don't they show more of it? The argument that "people won't watch" doesn't make sense, because people don't even get the chance to watch!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At work today with spotty wifi, so relying on you lovely folks to keep me posted :) although by the sound of it, I'm not missing much! I don't get it: dance is by far the best US discipline, so why don't they show more of it? The argument that "people won't watch" doesn't make sense, because people don't even get the chance to watch!

EXACTLY! Like I never heard of ice dance until the 2010 Olympics. I didn't know ice dance EXISTED until then.

moriel

Record Breaker
But yeah dunno =(
I hope whoever makes those decisions at NBC will have diarrhea for a whole week nonstop.

Barb

Record Breaker
the few or many fans that american dancers have gotten are with zero promotion, if Shibs were japanese they were not receiving this kind of treat from japanese tv

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
NBC is stupid. They need to understand that there are serious fans and casual fans need to do some work and go on YouTube.

Casual fans won't do the work. That's why they're casual fans and not serious ones, and there aren't enough serious fans to help NBC make $$$$ for broadcasting it. ESPECIALLY for ice dance. To be honest, I'm impressed at the amount of skating making NBC at all.