2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I remember your impression of watching live event last fall being that figure skating was basically a sport rather than an art. So there was a very slight concern on my part that you might find Patrick disappointing too in person and not living up to hype and expectation. Ah, Patrick is indeed even more amazing live as experienced by many. I remember how he was instantly so special and standing out even with the likes of kurt and Jeff when I watched him in SOI.

And have I been proven right too about V/M's new programs being sure to progress and mature into the season? I'm glad too you enjoyed and were impressed by Nic, Eladj, Kaetlyn, et al to understand their appeal. Ah, and then there is the dreamboat Andrew. ;) All in all, I believe you're happy to have gone to this Nationals, right?

It's been said often that, at life's end, a person only regrets what he has not done but not what he has done. You can tick one thing off your bucket list now. :)

there is only one last thing left on my bucket list.... watching northern lights.... (real ones.. i saw shimmers once but not a real show).

Regarding sport vs art...
Eternal debate... I think if I had to choose based on the majority, it would be sport... Patrick is just a very exceptional human being... I bet he could be a pizza maker and make it look and taste like the best pizza ever made... there is a sense of a quest for beyond and beyond with Patrick. In everything he does. There is purity and purpose... and well, purring too... this Cougar certainly was purring ;) *

* nobody heard me purr though because SarahSynchro purrs louder... what can you do... She's a louder cougar :)

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just watched Patrick's LP and was thrilled and deeply touched by his skating. Didn't expect him to skate so clean with added quads and 3As. The music suits his skating style very well.

He probably benefited from some body conditioning, since he looks skinnier, which is even reflected on his face. I was writing him off for 2018 but glad I was wrong.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I agree on the comments re: McCleod. She must be doing something right as she gets these skaters with great potential but they all have the same issues and nothing is ever done. I was disappointed to see her in the Kiss N Cry with Sara. Is there anyway Skate Canada is willing to do an intervention? Surely they have noticed that her skaters never seem to reach their full promise. We only ever catch glimpses. With Sandhu you could have made the argument he was a headcase all on his own but there is enough evidence to indicate a pattern. Isn't the shorterm drama from intervening worth the longterm gains for the organization?

Anyways, loved the men tonight. I watched the last two flights and liked a lot of what I saw. I do wish Liam Firrus and Keegan Messing could be some sort of tag team. Liam could wait at the boards when Keegan does a jump, then Keegan will come and tag Liam in who can do all the pretty-pretty skate stuff and go back and forth. I do like Keegan's performing abilities but his SS is still quite rough.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Click on the 'live scoring" again. Or start over from Results, then Senior Men. Then click on individual scores for details.

For complete protocol, click on Start Order from the main page, then click on Detailed Classification of the event. E.g. Here's the one for Senior Men Free Skating:

http://skatecanada.ca/results/2017CDNS/2017CDNSSeniorMenFPDRO.pdf

That's what I have been doing. I go to this page (https://skatecanada.ca/events/2017-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/) and then click on Results, which gives me this incomplete summary, showing Nicolas still as the leader of the FS (http://skatecanada.ca/results/2017CDNS/2017CDNSSeniorMenCR.pdf). Clicking on Detailed Classification gives me the same link that you provided, which only shows the first 10 skaters. Any ideas?

(Note that I was able to see the details for each individual skater in the men's FS from Mango's post in the Results thread. It would be nice to see them all together on the SC page though.)

Thanks! :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That's what I have been doing. I go to this page (https://skatecanada.ca/events/2017-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/) and then click on Results, which gives me this incomplete summary, showing Nicolas still as the leader of the FS (http://skatecanada.ca/results/2017CDNS/2017CDNSSeniorMenCR.pdf). Clicking on Detailed Classification gives me the same link that you provided, which only shows the first 10 skaters. Any ideas?

(Note that I was able to see the details for each individual skater in the men's FS from Mango's post in the Results thread. It would be nice to see them all together on the SC page though.)

Thanks! :)

Even when you click my link? It has the full protocol for me.
I had the same experience as you very briefly a couple of times but I resolved the situation with the procedure I suggested. Looks like you need to refresh and reload to get away from stuck records. Were you starting with a fresh new page?

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Even when you click my link? It has the full protocol for me.
I had the same experience as you very briefly a couple of times but I resolved the situation with the procedure I suggested. Looks like you need to refresh and reload to get away from stuck records. Were you starting with a fresh new page?

It came up with the old PDF (with only the first 10 skaters) again - either using my method or your link - but I refreshed the PDF page, and it finally worked. Thanks for all your help!! :) Now, off I go to pour over the protocols for the men!

lucille

Spectator
Smooth and sloooooow cautious entries into jumps, like he was silently calling "mother" like the lyrics. Mamamia.

And every reason to be cautious. Alexander had a serious back injury last year which affected his Junior season and missed a year of development training just to catch up again and be able to get back to where he was prior to the injury.

unbelievable

Spectator
"we're not used to seeing liam firus like this"

y'all say this every year. i've never seen liam firus NOT like this.

I browse these threads from time to time, but after reading the vitriolic comments today I felt the need to actually create an account and address the absolutely hateful garbage I have read from you and a couple of other people.

It is one thing not to like a skater, disagree with their scores and offer constructive criticism. You however, are a nasty piece of work my friend!
I wonder would you go up to this poor kid, who has just had a devastating performance, after presumably hours upon hours of practice and hard work and say this to his face. Not just Liam, but all of these kids work and train so hard, I am completely beyond shocked at this garbage you are spewing.
It is hateful, mean and hurtful.

The kid has had success, I feel this is somehow personal for you.

I will no longer browse any of these threads for info and updates, and will encourage others to avoid them, hopefully cyber bullying keyboard warrior trolling will be dealt with on this forum at some point.

God forbid you have a friend, child or person for whom you care that struggles and has to deal with someone like you.

I hope beyond hope that this kid's family doesn't see this garbage. Heartbreaking on so many levels for you to be so nasty.

Sending this to a few of you who need a wake up call on how to treat other human beings.

Done and done with ever coming on here again.

Should you feel the need to reply to this, do so by all means, I however will not be reading it.

Last edited:

kresslia

Medalist
I browse these threads from time to time, but after reading the vitriolic comments today I felt the need to actually create an account and address the absolutely hateful garbage I have read from you and a couple of other people.

It is one thing not to like a skater, disagree with their scores and offer constructive criticism. You however, are a nasty piece of work my friend!
I wonder would you go up to this poor kid, who has just had a devastating performance, after presumably hours upon hours of practice and hard work and say this to his face. Not just Liam, but all of these kids work and train so hard, I am completely beyond shocked at this garbage you are spewing.
It is hateful, mean and hurtful.

The kid has had success, I feel this is somehow personal for you.

I will no longer browse any of these threads for info and updates, and will encourage others to avoid them, hopefully cyber bullying keyboard warrior trolling will be dealt with on this forum at some point.

God forbid you have a friend, child or person for whom you care that struggles and has to deal with someone like you.

I hope beyond hope that this kid's family doesn't see this garbage. Heartbreaking on so many levels for you to be so nasty.

Sending this to a few of you who need a wake up call on how to treat other human beings.

Done and done with ever coming on here again.

Should you feel the need to reply to this, do so by all means, I however will not be reading it.
Do you not think calling me a "nasty piece of work" and bringing my friends and family into this qualifies more as "bullying" than me expressing negative opinions about a skater who is extremely unlikely to ever read them?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone know why Nadeau received a -1 deduction for a fall? I don't recall that he fell during his LP.

kresslia

Medalist
Does anyone know why Nadeau received a -1 deduction for a fall? I don't recall that he fell during his LP.
That's very strange, he did not fall. It's possible it could be a mistake - V/M's score was adjusted up to 119 after the event.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
And every reason to be cautious. Alexander had a serious back injury last year which affected his Junior season and missed a year of development training just to catch up again and be able to get back to where he was prior to the injury.

I've seen more falls from long cautious entries than smooth confident ones. In fact, long cautious entries sometimes make me nervous. Most of the times they mean lack of confidence and the hesitance often cause wrong timing, poor take off or other errors.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That's very strange, he did not fall. It's possible it could be a mistake - V/M's score was adjusted up to 119 after the event.

A point deduction can be due to any of these reasons - costume/prop violation, time violation, illegal element/movement, falls, interruption in excess, costume failure, and late start.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A point deduction can be due to any of these reasons - costume/prop violation, time violation, illegal element/movement, falls, interruption in excess, costume failure, and late start.

On the protocol, it says that Nic got -1 for a fall.