2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens FS

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Shaquille didn't even bother with a costume at all. He probably pulled the pants and top out of the laundry basket in a rush to get to the arena.

eta. He is a really big boy. Kurt noticed he was probably injured during the skate.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Shaquille didn't even bother with a costume at all. He probably pulled the pants and top out of the laundry basket in a rush to get to the arena.

eta. He is a really big boy. Kurt noticed he was probably injured during the skate.
Ermm. He got some letters stuck to it. Haha

TGee

Record Breaker
I suppose it would be too much to ask to get through this event without Josh Groban.....

TGee

Record Breaker
Loving the technical commentary banter between Kurt Browning and Ted Barton....How great is that! Skate Canada has really upped the quality of its streamed coverage.

Found their discussion of the challenges for Shaquille Davis, who is no longer just tall [and whipcord thin], but big and broad now, absolutely interesting.

And provides insights about the adaptations Roman, Nic and Nam are having to make. My takeaway was that the big guys have to be so technically perfect to keep it under control, as that mass and centrifugal force will be unforgiving of errors a smaller and lighter skater could more easily compensate for.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Joseph is a refreshing change and a treat after all the klutzy tall guys. I like his skating from the start. Well, I always get a feel of the skating from the first second of movement.

Well done, Joseph.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Joseph is a refreshing change and a treat after all the klutzy tall guys. I like his skating from the start. Well, I always get a feel of the skating from the first second of movement.

Well done, Joseph.

See. I like tall guys. I guess we associate with guys with similar features. Joseph was fun to watch but the program is boring

TGee

Record Breaker
Zamboni break...sounds like Ted will be back with the first flight of pairs on the livestream at 6:21pm.