Smuckers Skating Spectacular 2017 | Golden Skate

Smuckers Skating Spectacular 2017

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
NBC will air the gala performances on Saturday, January 28th, from 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern time.

(I tried to find some fancams but all I've seen are these very short clips of a Denney/Frazier lift and a bit of Mariah Bell)

Full skating order, transcribed from Ellie and Alex's posted picture, as linked in ice coverage's post:

First Half

Kansas City "Learn To Skate USA" Group Performance

Deanna Stellato-Dudek/Nathan Bartholomay, Senior Pairs Pewter Medalists

Erin Coleman/Derrick Griffin, Novice Pairs Champions

Angelina Huang, Novice Ladies Champion

Grant Hochstein, Senior Men's Pewter Medalist

Nica Digerness/Danny Neudecker, Junior Pairs Champions

Aleksei Krasnozhon, Junior Men's Champion

Rachel Parsons/Michael Parsons, Junior Ice Dance Champions (performing with Lorraine McNamara/Quinn Carpenter)

Kaitlyn Nguyen, Junior Ladies Champion

Elliana Pogrebinsky/Alex Benoit, Senior Ice Dance Pewter Medalists

Lisa Elsener, Special Olympian

Synchro Team

*INTERMISSION*

Second Half

US Championships Group Number

Caydee Denney/John Coughlin, Special Guests

Mirai Nagasu, Senior Ladies Pewter Medalist

Ashley Cain/Timothy LeDuc, Senior Pairs Bronze Medalists

Jason Brown, Senior Men's Bronze Medalist

Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue, Senior Ice Dance Bronze Medalists

Mariah Bell, Senior Ladies Bronze Medalist

Marissa Castelli/Mervin Tran, Senior Pairs Silver Medalists

Vincent Zhou, Senior Men's Silver Medalist

Madison Chock/Evan Bates, Senior Ice Dance Silver Medalists

Ashley Wagner, Senior Ladies Silver Medalist

Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier, Senior Pairs Champions

Karen Chen, Senior Ladies Champion

Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani, Senior Ice Dance Champions

Nathan Chen, Senior Men's Champion

FINALE

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
It was so nice of USFSA to invite Lisa Elsener. And hearing the crowd cheer for her so loudly was even better :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anyone watching? Hard to watch this and Euros....Karen Chen's doing a beautiful silk-fan style dance.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am a super woman, I can multi-task! The mute button is my friend while watching two events at once.

Not very happy with some of NBC's choices though, I would have liked less Johnny/Tara fluff junk and more performances from our great US athletes.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah, so strange -- 4 ladies, 3 men and only 2 pairs/dance. Would have loved to see some of the younger skaters.

Also strange to end with an interview with Jason after Nathan's gala. It seem sort of detached there.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed coverage was odd. But Nathan's finger wag was awesome and loved Mirai.

Maybe she should do Shake it off as her SP next season? FATM are a nice fit for her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agreed coverage was odd. But Nathan's finger wag was awesome and loved Mirai.

Maybe she should do Shake it off as her SP next season? FATM are a nice fit for her.

Yeah, I thought it was a nice EX for Mirai.

I laughed at Nathan's finger wag. I though Johnny's gasp at Jason's spilt at the end was funny too.

I still really like the Shibs' ex from Lambiel...I hoping he's in the running to choreo a competitive program.

frida80

Record Breaker
They broadcast the local college basketball game instead. I live in North Carolina so yep Duke versus Wake Forest is going to cut it take priority. I guess I'll just catch it later when they upload the videos.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
They broadcast the local college basketball game instead. I live in North Carolina so yep Duke versus Wake Forest is going to cut it take priority. I guess I'll just catch it later when they upload the videos.

I was surprised that my NBC station showed skating. This time of year it is usually Kentucky basketball.

frida80

Record Breaker
I was surprised that my NBC station showed skating. This time of year it is usually Kentucky basketball.

I think it was because it was Wake Forest versus Duke. Otherwise they probably would've gone with regular broadcast. They are kind of local rivals.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The entire thing will be posted on IN on Tuesday, but you're not a subscriber right?

Noooooooo way.

Looks like Universal Sports is rebroadcasting tomorrow night though so I'll DVR it.

Last edited: