2017 Four Continents Men SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Time zones added :)

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...=33&p4=166&p5=195&p6=136&p7=213&p8=179&p9=256

So looking at the schedule on the 4CC website..the men's free skate is actually at 11 a.m. on Sunday, which is actually prime time in North America. (6 p.m. in Pacific Time; 9 p.m. Eastern on Saturday night). Wild! (The short dance is also at the same time, but on Thursday)

Both ladies programs will be in the middle of the night here though.

They're really testing out the morning competitions thing.

ETA: Just put it all on my Google Calendar based on the schedule on the website (probably could change) and indeed out of eight segments -- FIVE of them are in the evening in the U.S./Canada. The only three segments in the middle of hte night are the Ladies SP/FS and the Men's SP.

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh, how I wish he was going to be there. Nothing against Nam or Kevin, but I enjoy Nic's skating so much and I'm really excited about him.

Well, who isn't excited about Nic? :p But even without the razzle-dazzle of Elvis Nadeau, I think the Canadian men who are at 4CC can still shine in their own way. :hap10:

snsd

On the Ice
My contribution, is that based on Euros it seems the SP will be WR ranking order. There are 28 men. So the groups will likely be

Skate Later (12 + 2 in group 3)
3. Hanyu
6. Chen
7. Uno
10. Chan
11. Brown
21. Tanaka
--
29. Ge
33. Nguyen
34. Jin
36. Reynolds
47. Hochstein
49. Yee
--
50. Kerry
53. Kim

Skate Earlier (First 10 + 4 in group 3)
60. Ten
62. RAKIMGALIEV
72. Tsao
74. Yan :)confused: :sad:
--
90. (June Hyeong) Lee
96. Martinez
107. (Sihyeong) Lee

NR: Dodds
NR: Webster
NR: Tang
NR: Ip
NR: Wong
NR: (Henry) Lee
NR: Chew

It's definitely going to be a fun event

Dodds has a World standing of 137 though, so should be with the lower group with June Hyeong, Martinez and Lee

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
If Patrick is going to give it a go, 4CC is an excellent testing ground. The stakes are much less than at the Worlds and his competition there is almost the same, we're only missing Javier of the top tier and then the two Russians who can do something.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's definitely going to be a fun event

Dodds has a World standing of 137 though, so should be with the lower group with June Hyeong, Martinez and Lee

LOL I totally goofed. Must've clicked on the wrong thing cause the rankings above were Season's WS. Anyway, I have corrected and some weird universe things (like why did Denis Ten drop to 60) have been resolved!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
the lineup is insane! I'm going to be on the edge of my seat for 3 hours because I really like all these skaters. My nails will be gone.

Last edited:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Thank god 4CC is on my normal time as well so that I wouldn't have to chipsmoore it like I did with Euro17 :eek::

I have watched Julian compete live for Malaysian Nationals at IOI Mall (a mall! haha) and he has such character! I have never seen competition live and this is as close to watching a competition live as I could so it was awesome. His spin does seems a little bit slow watching from above floors but his jump is explosive despite the scary air position.

I've only watched Kai on Junior GP but hope for a great skate for both of them.

Can't believe 4CC is almost here!! :hap57:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
we Canadians, are wondering if Patrick will bring the 4S into his SP right at 4CC... or if he will stick to the 3Lz... any thoughts?

(that could lead to another page of banter ;) )

Has Patrick said anything to that extent?

I agree 4CC would be a good testing ground. But would the combo go to the 4S and the 4T gets the solo jump steps, or the other way around? I can't imagine Patrick joining the 'no steps before the solo jump!' offenders.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

I agree 4CC would be a good testing ground. But would the combo go to the 4S and the 4T gets the solo jump steps, or the other way around? I can't imagine Patrick joining the 'no steps before the solo jump!' offenders.

I figure he would do a 4S solo like in the LP, where he has done it with pre-entry steps from the beginning of the season, signaling the likelihood of its inclusion in the SP as a solo. But Patrick always does his quads with some footwork into them so his impromptu SP solo quads shouldn't get disqualified, though that doesn't seem to matter in reality.

Yeah, 4CC would be a good early test of SP 4S even if he does not do it at Worlds this year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You'll all be Singin' in the Rain listening to the Nokia theme while sitting in Empty Chairs at Empty Tables...

Maybe if we're lucky Brendan will whip this little beauty out at 4CC :biggrin:

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ahhhhhh so excited. This read like mini worlds! Minus Javier. Nathen's PCS will be really telling, omg... can't wait!!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Will Han Yan shock everyone by picking up his annual 4CC bronze again?

I'd like to joke that he will, but holy crap the field this year... hanyu, chan, uno, chen, jin, ten(heaven knows what he'll do at any given time), etc...anyways, I bet this thread will get to 10 pages by the time the sp actually starts.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist

It would be great if he did, as he's in the doldrums as of right now, but I don't really think so. There's Chan, Hanyu, and Uno who tend to get very high scoring programs even with mistakes, Jin and his arsenal of quads who is probably out for blood to avenge his absence at the GPF, and then there's the ever consistent Chen. I really want him to succeed as his skating is very special, but at this point his greatest opponent isn't the others but is himself. He's been posting videos of himself doing a 4S, so perhaps he's gaining confidence again. If I was him I would set a humble goal of at least attempting every single jumping pass instead of popping.

This is going to be so exciting. It's virtually the lineup at Worlds (with the noticeable exceptions of Fernandez and Kolyada)!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Maybe it would be better if he didn't? That kinda didn't work out too great for him in Boston.

Yay, we made page 3!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Patrick hasn't said anything... beside what he already says... that he will increase tech level gradually... which he has done since his comeback... adding things pretty much every couple events (he reworked footwork and spins prior to GPF to hit his levels for instance).

My instinct tells me that he would keep the combo on the 4T... He already has a series of turn into his 4S in the LP, which would be good enough to count as preceding steps I believe if he were to use the same set up.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Aaah, what an exciting sp this will be with Hanyu, Chan, Chen, Jin, Uno and Ten! I have given up hope with Han Yan, but it would be wonderful to be wrong...

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Aaah, what an exciting sp this will be with Hanyu, Chan, Chen, Jin, Uno and Ten! I have given up hope with Han Yan, but it would be wonderful to be wrong...

don't ever give up hope on these beautiful lips ;)

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

With skating, you never know. Weirdly enough it's one of the reasons why I have always been so fascinated with the sport. There's always that chance that even the biggest favourite, or several of them, will have a day off.
More than a medal, it would be kind of nice to see him in good form, landing things. It'd mean a positive momentum for the Worlds.

As for the others, I'm most curious to see what they present. I don't expect any changes from Nathan, but the others might still shuffle their programs around a bit and that's exciting. It's not just Patrick, I'm curious to see what Yuzuru presents us with. Might be what we've seen so far, might not. And with the stakes somewhat less, it might mean cleaner programs and a very enjoyable event in the end.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's raining quads, hallelujah, it's raining quads, amen ~ ♪