2017 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs SP

skatemouse

On the Ice
Thx, and also to our posters in the Fanfest who posted vids of the Holiday show; could "Come What May" be a new program?

Me three, I can't wait to see Alexa and Chris:agree:

Come What May is listed as their short and the Dec show has a lot of elements of the short so that looks like it. The Unchained Melody for the FS. Will be really good to see them back on the ice!!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
A strong skate here by Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro may set up a difficult situation for Skate Canada. Though Julianne & Charlie have been assigned to Worlds if they don't do well in monitoring, I can see another Liam Firus-like substitution. But regardless of what happens for Worlds this is a great opportunity for Kirsten and Michael to experience PyeongChang and everything it's got to offer.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A strong skate here by Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro may set up a difficult situation for Skate Canada. Though Julianne & Charlie have been assigned to Worlds if they don't do well in monitoring, I can see another Liam Firus-like substitution. But regardless of what happens for Worlds this is a great opportunity for Kirsten and Michael to experience PyeongChang and everything it's got to offer.

I just wish I would not cringe that hard watching Michael lifting Kirsten, I just can't shake a feeling of a disaster to come...:slink:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
that was my question too... i asked in the entries thread... someone said that the north koreans will certainly not go to south korea... :(

I completely forgot that 4CC are held in South Korea. Makes sense now.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Meagan just posted that her skates didn't make it to Korea 😐

Where did she post this??

I find it hard to believe that skaters travelling from Canada wouldn't put skates in their carry on as that is allowed in Canada.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Where did she post this??

I find it hard to believe that skaters travelling from Canada wouldn't put skates in their carry on as that is allowed in Canada.

It's disallowed in the US and most international flights.

Praying for immediate re-union of Meagan and her skates.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
You can't bring skates on any flights, they are considered a weapon...

The TSA allows ice skates to be in your carry-on's as per their guidelines. It varies by country but the US does allow it for most cases. However, I believe the EU doesn't allow them as carry-on's no exceptions.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I would like to see Jackie Chan wield a pair of figure skates as weapons in a kung fu movie. However, will they will on his feet or in his hands? :think:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Sui and Han!

They are what I've expected to see the most from the event as they should skip the Grand Prix series due to Wenjing's injury. I really hope the event will be as good as the dynamic and exciting pair event at Euros. :) Their revealed SP is a work of art, so I'm really looking forward to seeing their unveiled LP!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sui and Han!

They are what I've expected to see the most from the event as they should skip the Grand Prix series due to Wenjing's injury. I really hope the event will be as good as the dynamic and exciting pair event at Euros. :) Their revealed SP is a work of art, so I'm really looking forward to seeing their unveiled LP!

Me too!

ssffww

On the Ice
The TSA allows ice skates to be in your carry-on's as per their guidelines. It varies by country but the US does allow it for most cases. However, I believe the EU doesn't allow them as carry-on's no exceptions.

From what I gathered after a few minutes research online, both the US and Canada allow them in carry ons, but Korea does not.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Totally happy to see the Knierims back in action. No matter how they get on, overcoming stuff they had to deal with and competing in a major international competition again is quite something. The very, very best of luck to them.
Sui/Han...yes, wow... I'm very curious to see what they come up with.
Meagan & Eric: When they're in top form, they are thrilling. Hope they are and nail it, given the bad luck they had last year.
Talking about last year, I keep thinking about that little guitar number interims music they had when they played back the performance...:laugh:

skatemouse

On the Ice
You can't bring skates on any flights, they are considered a weapon...
Actually it depends on the flight and there is paper work from the federations which allows this for this reason.
They are checked out as a team USA member and have paperwork that allows this. I would never be without skates or costumes on a flight ever.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You can take skates as carry-on in the US without any special paperwork. I did it.

However, outside of North America, there is no other place you can take skates as carry-on.

skatemouse

On the Ice
You can take skates as carry-on in the US without any special paperwork. I did it.

However, outside of North America, there is no other place you can take skates as carry-on.

They have been taken as carry on's on International fights as well.