Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs Free Skate 2017 European Figure Skating Championships
Ostrava Czech Republic

Thursday, January 26, 2017
19:00 UTC +1

Times in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...66&p7=37&p8=235&p9=248&p10=33&p11=240&p12=224

Start Order

Entries

No.NameNation
1Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP Turn To Stone performed by Ingrid Michaelson; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Mika Medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56490-Miriam-Ziegler-amp-Severin-Kiefer
2Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK
SP Sherlock Holmes, Season 2 soundtrack: "One More Miracle" by Michael Price; choreo by Alexander Levenko
LP Games of Thrones soundtrack by Luc Arbogast; choreo by Alexander Levenko
BLR
3Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU
SP Strange Birds by Birdy; choreo by Juri Larionov
LP Staying Alive Medley by Bee Gees; choreo by Juri Larionov
CRO
4Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP LA 40 (Album: Tango Hereje) by The Mozart Tango Players; choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
LP La leyenda del beso by Raul di Blasio, Historia de un amor by Perez Prado, La leyenda del beso by Raul di Blasio; choreo by Gabriela Zilkova-Hrazska
CZE
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...uskova-amp-Martin-Bidar&p=1229799#post1229799
5Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV
SP Memoirs of a Geisha (soundtrack) by John Williams; choreo by Line Haddad, Catherine Glaise
LP Back to Black performed by Beyonce, Cat Groove by Parov Stelar, Young And Beautiful performed by Lana del Rey, Crazy In Love performed by Emili Sande; choreo by Line Haddad, Catherine Glaise
FRA
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59938-Lola-Esbrat-amp-Andrei-Novoselov
6Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP Earned It by The Weeknd from the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack (arranged by Maxine Rodriguez); choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
LP The Sound of Silence by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, performed by Disturbed (arranged by Maxine Rodriguez); choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
FRA
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55195-Vanessa-James-amp-Morgan-Cipr%E8s
7Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT
SP Torn, High Strung; choreo by Mark Pillay, Paul Boll
LP Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles; choreo by Mark Pillay, Paul Boll
GER
8Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP That Man by Caro Emerald; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
LP Lighthouse by Patrick Watson; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
GER
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?50569-Aliona-Savchenko-amp-Bruno-Massot
9Zoe JONES (Wilkinson)/ Christopher BOYADJI
SP Malagueña by Ernesto Lecuona; choreo by Mark Naylor
LP Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Mark Naylor
GBR
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?57627-Zoe-Wilkinson-(n%E9e-Jones)
10Arina CHERNIAVSKAIA / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI
SP Nocturne No. 20 in C-Sharp Minor, Op-posth. by Joshua Bell; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
LP Oriental Selection, including "The Feeling Begins" by Peter Gabriel; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
ISR
11Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE
SP "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, performed by The Piano Guys; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
LP Love Story by Francis Lai, performed by Nana Mouskouri; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
ITA
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55394-Nicole-Della-Monica-amp-Matteo-Guarise
12Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
SP "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Corrado Giordani, Luca Mantovani
LP "Homecoming" and "The Ocean Princess" by Thomas Bergersen; choreo by Corrado Giordani, Luca Mantovani
ITA
13Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK
SP "Seven Nation Army" by Jack White; choreography by Massimo Scali, Corrado Giordani
LP "Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack) performed by Adele, Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (soundtrack); choreo by Massimo Scali, Corrado Giordani
ITA
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...hei-amp-Ondrej-Hotarek&p=1158328#post11583288
14Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV
SP Scorpions: Maybe I Maybe You; choreo by M. Drobiazko, P. Vanagas, T. Druchinina
LP Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse; choreo by M. Drobiazko, P. Vanagas, T. Druchinina
LTU
15Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
SP "Clair De Lune" by Claude Debussy; choreo by Juri Smekalov, Nikolai Morozov, Alla Kapranova
LP "Apres la pluie (Vertige)" by Rene Aubry, "Pomeriggio" by Rene Aubry, "Lied guitare by Rene Aubry; choreo by Juri Smekalov, Nikolai Morozov, Alla Kapranova
RUS
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55633-Ksenia-Stolbova-amp-Fedor-Klimov-v2
16Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP GLAM (electro-swing remix) by Dimie Cat; choreo by Alla Kapranova, A. Gazsi (SP), P. Tchernyshev (SP)
LP "Music" by John Miles; choreo by Alla Kapranova
RUS
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53588-Evgenia-Tarasova-amp-Vladimir-Morozov
17Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP The Blizzard by Georgi Sviridov; choreo by Alla Kapranova, I. Tchiniaev (SP)
LP Cry Me a River by Michael Bublé; choreo by Alla Kapranova, A. Gazsi (FS)
RUS
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55609-Natalja-Zabijako-amp-Alexander-Enbert
18Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Noah SCHERER
SP L'Usine by The Architect; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn
LP My Immortal by Evanescence; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn
SUI

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
IMO this is a real nice set up for the Free.

The pairs with the best FP are 7 points behind and will be keen on skating better than yesterday. T/M lost TDF and Nationals because of her quite boring FP. Necertheless I expect them to win.

And what the hell are the French going to do. Will there be a surprise?

I would not call Z/E out of the race. We have seen some really bad performances from S/M and J/C this season. Maybe they have a chance.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
NBCSN will again join the event Live In Progress at 2 PM Eastern US time (8 PM Ostrava time).

They'll probably start with Esbrat/Novoselov, since the broadcast start time is right in the middle of Ziegler/Kiefer and I don't think they'd join an actual skate partway through.

Time Schedule here, BTW

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
I can hardly wait to see what James/Cipres are going to do!

I want John Zimmerman to have to shave his hair :laugh:

Lota

Record Breaker
Something that TAT mentioned at the end of the Ice Dance coverage kinda annoyed me: the schedule for Pairs. I understand that Ladies and Men are probably the most popular disciplines at the moment, so the attention is glued to them, but the disregard for Pairs is just.... :gaah: The same thing happened last year at a competition (can't recall which one), but the pairs got no rest. They were the last to perform yesterday, quite late into the evening, and then they had to get up early today for practice. I understand that you can't have everyone resting for a day, but rest is especially crucial for pairs. This is a discipline where one slip of concentration may seriously endager you and your partner. I think a little more consideration should be put in this whole scheduling thing :scowl:

TMC

Record Breaker
Something that TAT mentioned at the end of the Ice Dance coverage kinda annoyed me: the schedule for Pairs. I understand that Ladies and Men are probably the most popular disciplines at the moment, so the attention is glued to them, but the disregard for Pairs is just.... :gaah: The same thing happened last year at a competition (can't recall which one), but the pairs got no rest. They were the last to perform yesterday, quite late into the evening, and then they had to get up early today for practice. I understand that you can't have everyone resting for a day, but rest is especially crucial for pairs. This is a discipline where one slip of concentration may seriously endager you and your partner. I think a little more consideration should be put in this whole scheduling thing :scowl:

I agree wholeheartedly.

How hard can it be? You have four days, you should be able to have each discipline compete on alternate days.
I just checked the schedule in Helsinki, and yeah the pairs events are on consecutive days there as well. Disappointing :(

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I agree wholeheartedly.

How hard can it be? You have four days, you should be able to have each discipline compete on alternate days.
I just checked the schedule in Helsinki, and yeah the pairs events are on consecutive days there as well. Disappointing :(

Absolutely.
Giving some rest in between results in less splatfests and in the long run is better for athletes' health. I noticed that here Men are competing on consecutive days as well. I agree that Pairs deserves better than to be treated like the redheaded stepchild, because itìs such a risky discipline.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It could be a potential nailbiter with points between pos 2 and 5 wafer thin. Well, it definitely is for me :scard7:

Lota

Record Breaker
I agree wholeheartedly.

Even here, why have them perform second for the SP? The ladies get a whole day to rest either way, if the pairs had gone first, they at least could have had an evening to relax and recuperate. I just... really don't get it :dumb:

Anyway, good luck to all the teams! May your lack of rest not hurt you too much! :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
good luck to all teams and special shout out to Vanessa and Morgan, it would be great if they could medal!! :yahoo::hap85:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Absolutely.
Giving some rest in between results in less splatfests and in the long run is better for athletes' health. I noticed that here Men are competing on consecutive days as well. I agree that Pairs deserves better than to be treated like the redheaded stepchild, because itìs such a risky discipline.

And even if they can't schedule everything on alternating days due to time constraints (since SP/SD is shorter than FS/FD), at least do for the Pairs what they did for the Men. Have the SP the first event on its day and the FS the second event on its day, instead of having both events as the second event of the day. At least that would give them a bit longer of a rest, without really affecting timing of the event too much.

ETA: Lota beat me to it!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
good luck to all teams and special shout out to Vanessa and Morgan, it would be great if they could medal!! :yahoo::hap85:

Just want to echo this sentiment.

And my special shout out goes to my three children in this competition: Zoe, Anna and Martin.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I still have two ID teams to watch, but I'm here for my favourite discipline of all! I wish all team high twists, stable lifts and good landings! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Absolutely.

Just be prepared for the backlash.

I'm not, but from seeing photos from the get-togethers last season, there are quite a few red-headed members on this forum.

Anyway, I totally agree with the sentiments. Pairs was always my second-favourite category after Ladies. So, it really upsets me the way it is declining, and the way it is being treated as a result.

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Such a good skate for a first team! :hap10:

Red is my favourite hair color :) I sadly was gifted with almost black hair, so to dye it red I would have to totally destroy my hair with bleaching...

Last edited: