2017 Europeans Mens FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Mens FS

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I thought the Dutch were constitutionally forbidden from not loving speedskating? :laugh:
:laugh: I must have missed the memo.
I guess I just don't Get It. I don't get why it's interesting to watch a bunch of people try and be 0.000001 second faster than someone else. I'm sure it's fascinating for some people, but I prefer looking at pretty costumes, dozens of different kinds of movement on the ice instead of one, and nice music. :thumbsup:

It's a good thing. I'd have a serious problem if I wanted to watch all that speed skating live. I don't know how many competitions are held in the Netherlands every season, but sometimes it feels like there's speed skating every weekend!

I wonder if they threaten to take away your wooden clogs if you publicly confess you don't like speedskating in the Netherlands. (having fun with stereotypes here)

Oh YES PLEASE, away with them, quick! Death to any and all wooden clogs. I do not understand how anyone can walk on those things. I tried it, once. My feet hurt soooo badly, not funny. :devil:

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
3 Slavik HAYRAPETYAN (ARM)

Music: Flamenco Selection (Poeta)

Black outfit, red details on shoulder

3A - hangs on, maybe <
3A+2T - forward on axel
1Lz
3S
FCSp
StSq
3F - !
3T+2T+2Lo
3S+2A+SEQ
CSSp
ChSq
2A
CCoSp

One pop, otherwise solid. Needs more choreo to do this music justice. He makes small fistpump

FS: 64.11+55.98 = 120.09 (PB), 180.78 (PB), 2/3

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:laugh: I must have missed the memo.
I guess I just don't Get It. I don't get why it's interesting to watch a bunch of people try and be 0.000001 second faster than someone else. I'm sure it's fascinating for some people, but I prefer looking at pretty costumes, dozens of different kinds of movement on the ice instead of one, and nice music. :thumbsup:

It's a good thing. I'd have a serious problem if I wanted to watch all that speed skating live. I don't know how many competitions are held in the Netherlands every season, but sometimes it feels like there's speed skating every weekend!

It's like curling but without the beer! Curling is on here a lot too.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That wasn't bad, apart from the pop. I think Slavik has definitely improved since last season.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't know how he can stand to skate with that big heavy necklace hitting him in the face every time he jumps or spins. I'd pull a Kurt Browning and ripe it off and throw it to the ice.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I quite liked Hayrapetyan's program, the music is nice and so is the choreo. He has good height on most of his jumps. The popped lutz will be costly though.
He's got a new PB by 6 points.

Icey

Record Breaker
does Miki or his parents ever come to Javier's competitions? Can't ever recall them showing them in the audience.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Poor Dr. He looks like he got hit by a truck at the end. Maybe he didn't expect to make the free?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
4 Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN)

Music: Valse Triste

4T - twofoot, hangs on (borderline <<)
3Lz
3Lz+REP - fall, looked <
CSp
StSq
2A+2T+2Lo
3Lo - hangs on
3S
3T - scratchy
ChSq
2A+1T - hop out
FCCoSp
CCoSp - twofoot, invalid?

Mixed skate, he seemed bit lifeless

SP: 50.07+58.50-1.00 = 107.57, 164.09, 3/4

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Medical school + figure skating is already something. I like his skating, but a program a little less.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Not his best. Sad that Finland doesn't have a man for worlds in Helsinki. No one has the minimum tech, right? And no extra for the arranging country?