What's your top 5? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What's your top 5?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Audience was lovely!

1. Whole Pairs competition, what a level!
2. D/B and J/C for putting up their A game!
3. Laurine Lecavelier FP. Just awesome.
4. Anna Pogorilaya SP. Fierce Anna is the best!
5. Javi SP. Finally relatively clean Malaguena. I know it's not good he has to save his jumps, but he does it with so much style!

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
In no real order my top 5 are;

Medvedeva SP and LP ..seriously shes un real

James/Cipres SP and LP.. FINALLY they put in two great skates. With out the spin mistake and the two foot quad they likely would of been silver

Laurine Lecavelier's dress change.. holy.. I wasnt even sure if that was legal but I loved it haha

Tarasova/Morozov SP and FS

Kosters return..although honestly I think she was over scored.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Audience was lovely!

1. Whole Pairs competition, what a level!
2. D/B and J/C for putting up their A game!
3. Laurine Lecavelier FP. Just awesome.
4. Anna Pogorilaya SP. Fierce Anna is the best!
5. Javi SP. Finally relatively clean Malaguena. I know it's not good he has to save his jumps, but he does it with so much style!

I swear, Brian is teaching both Yuzuru and Javier how saving a jump should look like choreographed :laugh:

SimplyLex

On the Ice
1) Aliona and Bruno's FS. By a mile.
The emotional level of that performance, combined with the hugeness of elements & amazing choreography was second to nothing I've seen in a long while in figure skating.

2) Vanessa and Morgan, SP and FS.
I've been cheering for this team for a long time and to see them finally live up to their true potential was amazing. I'm so happy for them.

3) Polish figure skaters (dance team) finishing in the 8th place at Europeans for a first time since the Siudeks.
As a FS fan from Poland it always pains me how low the level of the sport is here. So I love the fact that we truly have some quality skaters now.

4) Carolina Kostner's return to competition.
Jumps are not entirely there yet, but she showed exactly why mature skaters are so much more valuable that teenage jumping beans. Glad to have an elegant woman among all these girls.

5) Laurine Lecavelier.
There is just something so bright and positive about this girl. I love her. Hope to see her medal at Europeans some day.

kamato93

Spectator
...I know it's not good he has to save his jumps, but he does it with so much style!

I swear, Brian is teaching both Yuzuru and Javier how saving a jump should look like choreographed :laugh:

ISU should include it as a new Skating Skill. No more complains about Fernandez's overscoring. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Borscht (barszcz) is typical for Polish cuisine :D For Czech Republic it would be knedliky. But on the other hand there are plenty of Poles living in Ostrava (Polish minorty) and there were lots of Polish fans who attended that event.

Knedliky? I've never heard of it. The look delicious!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Actually not such a big surprise... I'd say it like "Moris from Moscow, training at Tutberidze's since long ago, relatively late bloomer so chose to skate for Georgia, finally starting to show his goods." :)

Thanks for the info. I have to say that I don't watch Jr. I know I should be I find just keeping up with seniors is a time consumer.

Half of 2/3 of our ID team ladies are American born and we love them both here in Canada. I'm speaking of Weaver and Gilles.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
"I swear, Brian is teaching both Yuzuru and Javier how saving a jump should look like choreographed"

That's almost not a joke - Javi got asked about how he is able to save the bad jumps so well most of the time. He said they do a lot of runthroughs and you always try to do the best possible program. In the process you learn to deal with the hairy situations better than when you don't do it all the time...

E

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Carolina Kostner FS
James & Cipres SP
James & Cipres FP
Javier Fernandez SP
Tobias & Tkachenko SP
(In no particular order...)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This competition, I really loved the pairs best!

Anna Pogorilaya SP
James & Cipres SP
James and Cipres LP
Savchenko & Massot LP
Guignard & Fabbri SD

Last edited: