3) Rin NITAYA
4) Roberta RODEGHIERO
5) Hae Jin KIM
6) Mariko KIHARA

DANCE:
1) NAZAROVA/NIKITIN
2) EVDOKIMOVA/BAZIN
3) URBAN/STEFFAN
4) KOCH/NUECHTERN (Whenever I see the name Koch I remember the great Marita Koch, she was my idol when I was a child :love: )
5) KUZMICHOVA/SINICYN
6) MUELLER/DIECK

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
LADIES
  1. Elena RADIONOVA
  2. Rin NITAYA
  3. Alena LEONOVA
  4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
  5. Roberta RODEGHIERO
  6. Mariko KIHARA

MEN
  1. Denis TEN
  2. Keiji TANAKA
  3. Michal BREZINA
  4. Artur DMITRIEV
  5. Romain PONSART
  6. Jinseo KIM

ICE DANCE
  1. NAZAROVA Alexandra / NIKITIN Maxim
  2. KOCH Shari / NUCHTERN Christian
  3. DAVANKOVA Vasilisa / SHIBNEV Anton
  4. EVDOKIMOVA Sofya / BAZIN Egor
  5. URBAN Jennifer / STEFFAN Benjamin
  6. MULLER Katharina / DIECK Tim Frederik

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Men:

1. Ten
2. Tanaka
3. Brezina
4. Shulepov
5. Lazukin
6. Hino

Ladies:

1. Radionova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Kihara
4. Leonova
5. Nitaya
6. Rodeghiero

Dance:

1. Nazarova/Nikitin
2. Evodkimova/Bagin
3. Davankova/Shibnev
4. Mueller/Dieck
5. Statvitskaya/Bagin
6. Turkila/Verslius

:scratch:

casualfan

On the Ice
A real shot in the dark on some of these.

MEN
1. Denis Ten
2. Keiji Tanaka
3. Michal Brezina
4. Artur Dmitriev
5. Ivan Righini
6. Alexander Majorov

LADIES
1. Elena Radionova
2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
3. Roberta Rodeghiero
4. Rin Nitaya
5. Alena Leonova
6. Giada Russo

ICE DANCE
1. Nazarova/Nikitin
2. Evdokimova/Bazin
3. Kuzmichova/Sinicyn
4. Koch/Nuchtern
5. Turkkila/Versluis
6. Urban/Steffan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR ONE HOUR WARNING.

You have just 1 hour left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 13:30 ALMT (08:30 CET / 07:30 GMT)

But, as usual in my Games, this is just a target time so that you are not rushing about at the last minute. Predictions for each category will still be accepted up until the start of that category’s Short Programme.

Please Note: if you want to change your predictions after the first SP has started, you have to post the amendments IN A NEW POST. Editing your original post will invalidate your predictions.

(Yes, this was supposed to be posted earlier, but I started doing my own predictions and forgot).

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Men

1. Denis TEN (KAZ)
2. Keiji TANAKA (JPN)
3. Michal BREZINA (CZE)
4. Alexandre MAIOROV (SWE)
5. Artur DMITRIEV (RUS)
6. Anton SHULEPOV (RUS)

Ladies

1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS)
2. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)
3. Rin NITAYA (JPN)
4. Roberta RODEGHIERO (ITA)
5. Alena LEONOVA (RUS)
6. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN)

Dance

1 Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN (UKR)
2 Sofya EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN (RUS)
3 Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Anton SHIBNEV (RUS)
4 Jennifer URBAN / Benjamin STEFFAN (GER)
5 Maria STAVITSKAYA / Andrey BAGIN (RUS)
6 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS (FIN)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Between having a cold and worrying about what to do about Eurosport, I wasn’t really in the mood to be doing predictions this week.

With the Ladies, it was pretty obvious who to put in the top 2 positions. And, pretty obvious which way round to put them. (Sorry Liza!)

The problem was who to put on the podium with them. My first thought was Leonova, but I wasn’t sure about her form compared to the other candidates. But then I looked up the absolute PB’s and found that she was not only in third position, but it was scored as recently as December.

Perhaps predictably for me, I completed my top 5 with two of the Japanese girls. Next came the Italians, and I decided to take a chance and put Russo in front of Rodeghiero. I did toy with putting Kim and Isobe in front of the Italians, but the Italians had much higher absolute PB’s (Roberta was actually 4th, and Giada 6th).

Rounding off the Top 10 was Zhao Ziquan. Dasa Grm actually had a slightly higher absolute PB, but it was 3 years old, whereas Ziquan’s was from this season.

I should add – I couldn’t find ANYTHING about Kristina Bedrosova. So, for all I know, she might be a wonderkid that could shock the world and win this competition. But, given that she is 18, I think we would have heard of her by now if she was.

Going into Ice Dance, I thought “Right. It’ll be a choice between the Russians and the Ukrainians, and I don’t know yet who I’ll go with!” But, when I ordered everybody by absolute PB, I found that Müller / Dieck were in between them, just 0.05 behind the Russians! In fact, there was just 0.36 covering the Top 3!

So, I went with my instinct of Russians then Ukrainians then Germans.

I was in a quandary over who to put into 4th. Koch / Nüchtern’s absolute PB put them in 4th, but it was very old – November 2012. HOWEVER, their 2nd highest score was scored as recently as December, and it would still put them in 4th.

The promising young Czech partnership of Kuzmich / Sinicyn were only 2 points behind Koch / Nüchtern. And I was more inclined to go with them. So I did.

There was practically nothing covering the third German partnership and the other 2 Russian partnerships. All three of these partnerships are brand new for this season. And I liked all three of the girls in their previous categories (Singles for Maria and Jennifer; Pairs for Vasilisa). Both German skaters are far more experienced in Dance than the others. Just not that experienced with each other.

For somebody who has just come in from Pairs, I was really impressed with Vasilisa at Nationals. Ironically, even though her partner was more experienced, I felt that he was holding her back. Maria has improved vastly in her second year in Dance. Probably helped by the fact that she has a different partner (yes, she was with the aforementioned Mr Shibnev last season).

So, with all this in mind, I went with our Nebelhorn commentator, followed by Stavitskaya, followed by Davankova.

I the rest of the field in absolute PB order because their highest scores were so much lower than the partnerships above them that they weren’t going to be troubling the points scorers.

I'll post my Men's predictions later on as I am not quite finished looking them up and I want to get my breakfast and try to sign up for the livestreaming before the Ladies SP starts.

Caroliza_fan

WINTER UNIVERSIADE

Ladies

1. RADIONOVA Elena, RUS
2. TUKTAMYSHEVA Elizaveta, RUS
3. LEONOVA Alena, RUS
4. NITAYA Rin, JPN
5. KIHARA Mariko, JPN

Just for fun
6. RUSSO Giada, ITA
7. RODEGHIERO Roberta, ITA
8. KIM Haejin, KOR
9. ISOBE Hinano, JPN
10. ZHAO Ziquan, CHN

Ice Dance

1. EVDOKIMOVA Sofya / BAZIN Egor, RUS
2. NAZAROVA Alexandra / NIKITIN Maxim, UKR
3. MULLER Katharina / DIECK Tim Frederik, GER
4. KUZMICHOVA Nicole Danielle / SINICYN Alexandr, CZE
5. KOCH Shari / NUCHTERN Christian, GER

Just for fun
6. URBAN Jennifer / STEFFAN Benjamin, GER
7. STAVITSKAYA Maria / BAGIN Andrey, RUS
8. DAVANKOVA Vasilisa / SHIBNEV Anton, RUS
9. HAROLD Mathilde / DEMOUGEOT Mael, FRA
10. CHEN Hong / ZHAO Yan, CHN

randomfan

Record Breaker
I will quickly do just my ladies predictions only. It's okay if you invalidate them if they're late. :)

1. Elena Radionova
3. Rin Nitaya
4. Alena Leonova
5. Roberta Rodeghiero
6. Ziquan Zhao

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
1. Edokimova/Bazin
2. Davankova/Shibnev
3. Stavitskaia/Bagin
4. Chen/Zhao
5. Harold/Demougeot
6. Muller/Dieck

1. Keiji Tanaka
2. Denis Ten
3. Michal Brezina
4. Ivan Righini
5. Artur Dmitriev
6. Romain Ponsart

1. Elena Radionova
3. Rin Nitaya
4. Roberta Rodeghiero
5. Alena Leonova
6. Zhao Ziquan

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
my amended predictions in Ice Dance (hope it will be validated!)

Ice Dance:
1. Alexandra NAZAROVA/Maxim NIKITIN
2. EVDOKIMOVA Sofya / BAZIN Egor
3. STAVITSKAYA Maria / BAGIN Andrey
4. Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN
5. DAVANKOVA Vasilisa / SHIBNEV Anton
6. Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN
7. Katharina MÜLLER / Tim Frederik DIECK

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Prediction for ID part 2 :hopelessness:
1. NAZAROVA/NIKITIN
2. EVDOKIMOVA/BAZIN
3. STAVITSKAYA/BAGIN
4. DAVANKOVA/SHIBNEV
5. TURKKILA/VERSLUIS
-6. KOCH/NUCHTERN

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
my amended predictions in Ice Dance (hope it will be validated!)

Don't worry, as long as the predictions for the category are in before that category's Short Programme starts, they will be accepted.

That is the way I have always run my Predictions Games. It was just the GP Game that was run differently, because I inherited it rather than started it up myself.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a quick note to let you know that I have updated the Original Post to include the Men's SP Start Order.

And you'll be pleased to hear that, unlike the other categories, there have been no changes to the personnel.

So, if you have not made out predictions for the Men yet, you can do so safely now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Arrrrgh!!!!!

It’s a good job I went in here to check something before the biathlon started, because I just discovered that I never posted my Men’s predictions after I did them out on Wednesday afternoon. :drama:

The Men have a deceptively strong field. When I first looked at the entries, I thought “Oh, this is going to be a straight fight between Ten and Tanaka, with Brezina and Majorov fighting over third.”

But, when I put the field into absolute PB order, I found that as many as 14 out of the 36 skaters had broken the 200 point mark.

I still put Ten and Tanaka in the top 2 positions. I am always wary of Denis, because he was not in good form for a few years. But, he seems to be back on form this year. And he has a good record at Majors in his home country, having won the Asian Games in Astana in 2011.

Dmitriev Jr. was actually second on the absolute PB list. But, I think Tanaka is more likely to get the silver.

Based on what I have said so far, you would think that the final podium position would be a decision between young Dmitriev, Majorov and Březina. But, I quickly ruled all three of them out of the running because of their recent form. Dmitriev Jr. is not having the most stellar of seasons. And neither Majorov or Březina had a good showing at Europeans last week.

Instead, I went for my nemesis. Liza’s boyfriend.

So, now came the time for the decision. The three guys I have already mentioned, and Bariev. Majorov has won two Senior B’s this season, so I put him into 4th. Březina had a good showing in Skater Canada with 4th position, so I put him next into 5th. For Dmitriev and Bariev, I was stuck. Young Artur had the higher scores than Ivan this season. But he finished way down the order at his Nationals, whereas Ivan won his.

In the end, everything was pointing towards Dmitriev Jr. So, I put him into 6th.

I didn’t move Shulepov or Hino from their absolute PB positions, as there was a lot of space around them. But there were only 3 points covering the last 5 guys with scores over 200. And I went with my gut – I moved Roman Ponsart up a place to 10th, demoting Kim Jin Seo out of my Top 10.

And that was me happy with my order. Whether I will still be happy with it come Saturday is another matter…

Caroliza_fan

WINTER UNIVERSIADE

Men

1. TEN Denis, KAZ
2. TANAKA Keiji, JPN
3. LAZUKIN Andrei, RUS
4. MAJOROV Alexander, SWE
5. BREZINA Michal, CZE

Just for fun
6. RIGHINI Ivan, ITA
7. DMITRIEV Artur, RUS
8. SHULEPOV Anton, RUS
9. HINO Ryuju, JPN
10. PONSART Romain, FRA

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Men'ss results are IN!!!

Gold Medal : Moxiejan and casualfan with 60 points!!!:hap57::dance3::clapper:

Silver Medal : Florencito, NoNameFace and matmuh with 55 points!! :hap93::gclap:

Bronze Medal : mikeko666, Nathan13, TT_Fin and Crossover with 50 points! :cheer:

congratulations to all!!!!!:yahoo:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Men'ss results are IN!!!

Gold Medal : Moxiejan and casualfan with 60 points!!!:hap57::dance3::clapper:

Silver Medal : Florencito, NoNameFace and matmuh with 55 points!! :hap93::gclap:

Bronze Medal : mikeko666, Nathan13, TT_Fin and Crossover with 50 points! :cheer:

congratulations to all!!!!!:yahoo:

wooohooo:hap57:

a silver I am honoured to share wih awesomeness of matmuh and Florencito!!!

it was pure luck in those Universiade predictions, not ever 1% of elaboration :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wooohooo:hap57:

a silver I am honoured to share wih awesomeness of matmuh and Florencito!!!

it was pure luck in those Universiade predictions, not ever 1% of elaboration :laugh:

its always pure luck ,esp for men anyways, sometimes i just pick them then forgot the order i put them :laugh::biggrin:

ptskate

Rinkside
DANCE!!!!!

Gold:
With 55 points
matmuh 

Silver:
With 50 points
voolfee

Bronze: With 45 points
NoNameFace, Shoma One

As always PM me if there is any mistake!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
DANCE!!!!!

Gold:
With 55 points
matmuh 

Silver:
With 50 points
voolfee

Bronze: With 45 points
NoNameFace, Shoma One

As always PM me if there is any mistake!

bronze:cheer: and :bow: to matmuh, way to go with individual gold, silver in Men and Ladies should also be good for you :laugh: