2017 Russian Junior Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Junior Nationals Ice Dance FD

madison

Record Breaker
I've noticed that, in general, Rubleva's and Gorshkov's teams have the most interesting choreo. And Gorshkov's teams also hit the levels.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
A mature performance by Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN - a well matched couple. :clapper:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Also enjoyed Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV though music is overused, but they skated to it well. 3rd in the FD deservedly.
:clapper:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Evgenia LOPAREVA / Alexey KARPUSHOV ........Um, music is far too Avant Garde for my taste, but skated very well. 9th in FD.

That's how much depth is in Russian IceDance! :clap:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Sophia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO alot of "DAVAY! DAVAY!" for this couple but he is good. She needs to focus on her skating skills and less on trying to look sexy. She's not as good as she thinks she is, so maybe dial back on the divaness and knuckle down on training hard for next season. :agree2:

madison

Record Breaker
Evgenia LOPAREVA / Alexey KARPUSHOV ........Um, music is far too Avant Garde for my taste, but skated very well. 9th in FD.

That's how much depth is in Russian IceDance! :clap:

I actually like their music and program :luv17:. I wish we have more of this :clap:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
At the moment Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim Nekrasov look more like a Pair proportionally than a Dance couple, but very impressive skating by her particularly. Interesting choreo but music is too overpowering for such a young couple. However ones to watch for the future. :)

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I actually like their music and program :luv17:. I wish we have more of this :clap:

I admire them for trying something different, and they certainly interpreted it well. :) Was surprised they were so low down with that quality of skating. :confused2:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I'm shocked to see L/D only 4th in the Free Dance, certainly they were far from their best today. Hopefully they will be back on track for Junior Worlds, it will be tough but they have a chance to win.

I am very disappointed for P/V, I really love their free dance, it's one of my favourites this season. I had expected/hoped they would get 3rd over S/A but they seemed to have performed very well here.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Extraordinary that Elizabeth Khudayberdiyeva / Nikita Nazarov should be 7th in the FD and 8th Overall, moving up with such a generic Program skated to hideous cover versions of Classic British songs!! I am offended!!! :p
Terrible version of "Let it Be" with a crack in the voice of the female singer that made me shudder! Why not use the Beatles original? :scratch2:
Then a strange poppy version of "Fix You". Just NO! Poor choices and not great skating IMO. But Russian Judges disagreed and moved them up.
:confused2:

madison

Record Breaker
I admire them for trying something different, and they certainly interpreted it well. :) Was surprised they were so low down with that quality of skating. :confused2:

It might be something related to internal political influence of the coaches.

I totally agree on Khudayberdiyeva / Nazarov.
They were also pushed in the short, especially in the PCS. Actually, their score in the short was reviewed after the competition and the twizzle downgraded, fairly I would say.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Of the couples ranked 10-14 I enjoyed Yana BUGA / Georgy POKHILYUK FD. Stylish and interesting choreo.

No more James Bond themes please! :gaah: And shaping your fingers like a gun! :noshake:

madison

Record Breaker
Of course many factors will impact the evolution, but at this moment what couples do you see as promising?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Also enjoyed Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV though music is overused, but they skated to it well. 3rd in the FD deservedly.
:clapper:
there cant be too much Abel ;):agree:

danceme

Rinkside
Country
Commonwealth
I've noticed that, in general, Rubleva's and Gorshkov's teams have the most interesting choreo. And Gorshkov's teams also hit the levels.
one reason why they hit the levels may be because the school director is the Controller ..just saying !!!

danceme

Rinkside
Country
Commonwealth
I'm shocked to see L/D only 4th in the Free Dance, certainly, they were far from their best today. Hopefully, they will be back on track for Junior Worlds, it will be tough but they have a chance to win.

I am very disappointed for P/V, I really love their free dance, it's one of my favorites this season. I had expected/hoped they would get 3rd over S/A .

I am with You here on P/V !!

L/D such a disappointed. but even with the two mistakes they programs and skating skills are at a different level to the childish S/S program which it staked totally hand in hand and the boy much time on two feet :biggrin::confused:

Last edited: