Figure Skating as an Adult (Blog) | Golden Skate

Figure Skating as an Adult (Blog)

Daydream

Rinkside
Hello!

For anyone interested in reading about the experiences and journey of getting back into figure skating as an adult, I'm currently running and writing a blog pertaining to this. I've never actually done a blog before but I felt like sharing my experiences with others would be enjoyable. I haven't made it to the ice yet but I have written several entries that are leading up to my first lessons. Any input, comments or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Figure Skating Experience Blog

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just a quick entry today. I went and picked up a pair of men's figure skating pants the other day. I was going to use track pants but finding a pair with a decent fit was difficult. Me and my fiancée actually drove a fair distance to get them and while they are nice (And currently being tailored to the right leg length) I have to admit, I'm a touch jealous of the ladies. Maybe I just didn't see any alternative mens styles but seriously, look:

So much this! Exactly my thoughts all the time.

I envy the ladies for how many options they always have, it starts with the hair, the outfits, the make up... I just always look like I always do. :laugh: A very interesting read, keep it up :)

Daydream

Rinkside
So much this! Exactly my thoughts all the time.

I envy the ladies for how many options they always have, it starts with the hair, the outfits, the make up... I just always look like I always do. :laugh: A very interesting read, keep it up :)

Well, I've got at least one of the above covered :D My hair is about 3/4 of the way down my back ^_^ I've considered getting some custom skate pants with like a rainbow lightning bolt down one leg. That'd be cool :D

Glad you enjoyed the read! New entry is coming soon ^_^

SkatingGeorge

Spectator
I was acctually thinking about doing this myself :). Not starting a blog but getting back into it as an adult. Will follow you and throw in a random comment here and there. Good luck Daydream!

Daydream

Rinkside
I was acctually thinking about doing this myself :). Not starting a blog but getting back into it as an adult. Will follow you and throw in a random comment here and there. Good luck Daydream!

Honestly, it's the best choice I've ever made. Not only has it been loads of fun, but the skill just makes you have that wonderful feeling inside <3 Honestly, I highly recommend it! If you ever want to chat about getting back into it, I've always an open ear!

Thanks! Any reads and comments are GREATLY appreciated ^_^