Plushenko Academy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Plushenko Academy

madison

Record Breaker
I am curious of the costs for a figure skater in Russia, that isn't in the national teams (because as far as I know only the best 5 in juniors and seniors are in the team) What's happening with a skater starting from age 4-5 up he/she will be junior and pretty good to be in the national team?
Do these kids also pay for their training or everything is state funding? and they need to pay only for extra choreo, skates, costumes?

Khoai

Match Penalty
I am curious of the costs for a figure skater in Russia, that isn't in the national teams (because as far as I know only the best 5 in juniors and seniors are in the team) What's happening with a skater starting from age 4-5 up he/she will be junior and pretty good to be in the national team?
Do these kids also pay for their training or everything is state funding? and they need to pay only for extra choreo, skates, costumes?
There's a Russian article somewhere a few years ago. I think they reuse costumes from time to time to reduce the cost.
Miss Radionova's costumes were paid by her parents I think. But her family seems to be well off.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There's a Russian article somewhere a few years ago. I think they reuse costumes from time to time to reduce the cost.
Miss Radionova's costumes were paid by her parents I think. But her family seems to be well off.

There was a thread on this topic awhile ago:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53813-The-Cost-Of-Figure-Skating

I do not know if things changed much in the past 2 years or if the costs quoted in the video are the same everywhere in Russia. I also wonder what length of time the 5000 rubles quoted for the "sports school" is supposed to cover? It works out to $87 USD...

madison

Record Breaker

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I just remembered after Torino Victoria Beckham wanted to Plushy teach to skate her sons , if I right remember she wanted to pay 1000 Pounds/ hour. But Plushy did not undertake it..

The "Plushenko Champion Diver" watch's price was 11.000 dollars . So I think he knows what he is doing. As I said will be persons who want to learn from him on individual training.. Those will be rich persons who are curious of him and they don't want to skate, aren't pupils..

The real training won't be so expensive..:laugh:

Last edited:

eli60056

On the Ice
Yeah, right, of course, a person living outside Russia is the one to judge about how popular Plushenko is. LOL
Is that it - are you just going to spend time screaming how great Plushenko and everything he does is? This is getting repetitive.

And charging anything less than 1000 dollars an hour is working for free? I see.

I've given the facts - not to you, you won't understand them anyway, that much I've realised - but for everyone here to consider what that Academy is like at the moment. It's up to them to decide what conclusions they draw from that.

With that I bow myself out of the thread until some other delicious details about the enterprise present themselves.

Though, my dear, I'm sure you'll jump at their throat at daring to doubt Plush's good intentions.

Full disclosure: I am not any fan of Plushenko. Not any fan of any other Russian singles male skater either. However I respect them as athletes. Oh, and I am not Russian.

With that being said, I never stop wondering how it is that Russians don't respect their own heroes. The way they have been vilifying Plushenko has long crossed the border of the ridiculous. First, the man won you the team OG., not alone, of course, but definitely raised the bar first. And still the Russians instead of thanking him, for four years have been harping on his withdrawal from the individual competition, as if, if it was someone else, both the team and the individual gold would have been a given. There is this thing called strategizing, and if the RusFed's strategy was that they put their money on the team, and not on the man's competition, their strategy has proven successful.
Second thing, the Russians are harping on, and I really can't believe they are that ignorant, is about Plushenko being on the Russian Nat team without competing. Well, has it ever occurred to anyone, I wonder, that if the Rus Fed is keeping him there, it gets something out of it, in his case a cut of his profit from the shows, which apparently is not a small thing. So in that sense, I suspect that Plushenko has already helped the figure skating in Russia and not in a small way.
Third, from the English version of the text about the prices mentioned in this thread, it sounds like he is charging a $1000 only in case that someone (who is not in the talented group) wants an hour of private lesson with him alone. But you are trying to make it out as if every kid in that academy is going to pay a $1000 an hour just to skate. If Plushenko has put a price on his time to be a $1000 per hour, then he probably has a good reason to do it. I don't call that arrogance. A top lawyer charges way more than $1000 an hour, but you would not call him arrogant, would you? Why could not Plushenko? He is a top in his profession too, isn't he? And what if he is arrogant? His self esteem is well justified, and he has proved his worth many times over.

Fourth and last: if Plushenko was an athlete of any other country, he would be praised and respected. For some reason Russians do differently, and not only about him. Almost all of the recent Olympic heroes of Sochi have been made out to look like villains.

Food for thought for you.

Last edited:

Khoai

Match Penalty
^well, after Sochi, there has been various rumors among Russian FS fans, I think Mr. Plushenko lost quite a lot of admiration from that time.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
^well, after Sochi, there has been various rumors among Russian FS fans, I think Mr. Plushenko lost quite a lot of admiration from that time.

Rumors? No that was an attack on him in the Russian media. Mr. Yagudin was the first who said he had no injury. And he said it not once. And why? Because he is an envious person, and he knew Plushenko will have a great show tour which would have been the rival of Averbukh's shows. Yagudin skates in it.
Plushenk had injury. Everybody could see his scar in Tv news, could listen his doctor's opinion in Israel( he was operated in Tel-Aviv). But some Russians didn't believe it they said Plushenko made the scar with plastic surgery on his back, or they thought the withdrawal was an unpatriotic act. Hm.... after became clear he had a broken bolt in his back next to the spine. If anybody knows Plushenko and knows his story totally informed he won many titles with injury. In Sochi he had incredible pain, he couldn't handle it. But he wanted to ask a painkiller injection but he had no time after the warm up.. He was the first skater in the group.
Shame on those Russians! But as I sad most of the Russians like him, he was the most popular athlete in 2014. His shows are sold out.
----

I remembered for this event. In 2015 that was a charity action where Plushenko's lot was master class with him. A master class was $11.000. He has been sold 3 times.

https://www.instagram.com/p/6LD59EPUBz/ - Dear Friends, we've got really exciting news!! The lot- masterclass by the most awarded professional ice-skater on the planet Evgeny Plushenko @plushenkoofficial has been sold for the third time! Evgeny was very impressed by the great desire to help Darina from a girl who was just late to give her bid during the auction because of the time difference!! So in the end it's 2 100 000 ( $ 33000 ) rubles raised from this lot in total!!!

Plushy's lots was sold to fans from London, Vladivostok (russians) and Japan. :) I believe he will sell the individual training for $1000. But the young skaters receive many grants.

Last edited:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Rumors? No that was an attack on him in the Russian media. Mr. Yagudin was the first who said he had no injury. And he said it not once. And why? Because he is an envious person, and he knew Plushenko will have a great show tour which would have been the rival of Averbukh's shows. Yagudin skates in it.
Plushenk had injury. Everybody could see his scar in Tv news, could listen his doctor's opinion in Israel( he was operated in Tel-Aviv). But some Russians didn't believe it they said Plushenko made the scar with plastic surgery on his back, or they thought the withdrawal was an unpatriotic act. Hm.... after became clear he had a broken bolt in his back next to the spine. If anybody knows Plushenko and knows his story totally informed he won many titles with injury. In Sochi he had incredible pain, he couldn't handle it. But he wanted to ask a painkiller injection but he had no time after the warm up.. He was the first skater in the group.
Shame on those Russians! But as I sad most of the Russians like him, he was the most popular athlete in 2014. His shows are sold out.
----

I remembered for this event. In 2015 that was a charity action where Plushenko's lot was master class with him. A master class was $11.000. He has been sold 3 times.

https://www.instagram.com/p/6LD59EPUBz/ - Dear Friends, we've got really exciting news!! The lot- masterclass by the most awarded professional ice-skater on the planet Evgeny Plushenko @plushenkoofficial has been sold for the third time! Evgeny was very impressed by the great desire to help Darina from a girl who was just late to give her bid during the auction because of the time difference!! So in the end it's 2 100 000 ( $ 33000 ) rubles raised from this lot in total!!!

Plushy's lots was sold to fans from London, Vladivostok (russians) and Japan. :) I believe he will sell the individual training for $1000. But the young skaters receive many grants.

I rooted for him at the Olympics in 2002 to beat Yagudin. I remember reading about his background story when he first came onto the skating scene and it resonated with me. I think he's come a long way. I hope his academy becomes successful and wish him all the best. He can charge whatever price he wants as long as people are willing to pay. It's supply and demand.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight

It is not that simple as a fight between the truth and lies, but more related to the interest struggles among different groups. Ultimately, it is the Russian men's only spot at Sochi to blame. At any time the media love to create sensational news, whether they are true or false, you know, from which they can benefit a lot. The likes of Yagudin, who added fuel to the flames out of personal grudge, only made themselves look even uglier in this unprecedented public opinion warfare. Fortunately his big mouth was shut tightly by some senior notable's sharp criticism. The way they treated their own Champion in such a cruel manner is really unacceptable to me. Only medals can bring a nation the so-called "glory & pride" ? Who knows.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It is not that simple as a fight between the truth and lies, but more related to the interest struggles among different groups. Ultimately, it is the Russian men's only spot at Sochi to blame. At any time the media love to create sensational news, whether they are true or false, you know, from which they can benefit a lot. The likes of Yagudin, who added fuel to the flames out of personal grudge, only made themselves look even uglier in this unprecedented public opinion warfare. Fortunately his big mouth was shut tightly by some senior notable's sharp criticism. The way they treated their own Champion in such a cruel manner is really unacceptable to me. Only medals can bring a nation the so-called "glory & pride" ? Who knows.

I will specify my answer. Now I'm just saying Yagudin became a real weak man for me over the years

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I will specify my answer. Now I'm just saying Yagudin became a real weak man for me over the years

Plushyfan, just calm down a bit. This is the thread for Plushenko's School, so let's turn over a new leaf with more confidence & joy. :cool2:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushyfan, just calm down a bit. This is the thread for Plushenko's School, so let's turn over a new leaf with more confidence & joy. :cool2:

read my next (#115) post :) But I'm sure Plushenko's haters wouldn't be so nice as me...:laugh:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

This is pure joy...;)

Ramzan Kadyrov, president of Chechnya. Chechnya is friendly with Russia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSuG1_sBNxh/?taken-by=kadyrov_95

Dear friends! A few days ago the famous Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko @plushenkoofficial announced the end of his sports career. He intends to engage in the education of young talents, devote himself to coaching. I am sure that the multiple champion of the Olympics, the world, Europe, Russia and the winner of the finals of the Grand Prix will do very well! In support of my words I will give just one example. Last year, during his first visit to Chechnya, Yevgeny and Yana Rudkovskaya @rudkovskayaofficial were first put on the skates of Ahmad, Eli and Adam for the first time in their lives. Little time has passed. They became their people on the rink, confidently feels even with a stick. I think that over time, boys will be able to play well and hockey. Now think for yourself, what heights can reach those who Eugene is constantly engaged in. I wish Eugene and his students good luck! # Kadyrov # Russia # Chechnya # Ahmad # Eli # Adam # evgenylyushenko

This is something!!!