Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 726

Thread: Plushenko Academy

  1. #61
    in Emergency Backup Mode karne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,895
    Country: Australia

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    I am so poor .

    Do you think that the top 10 of the world earn more money than they spend? Skaters who are not Yuzuru, Mao, Marin.
    Every now and again someone points out that I could have lots of money saved up if I didn't spend it all on skating.

    It depends on what they can get from prizemoney and shows. This is where the Japanese skaters have an advantage as there are sponsors galore over there; state-sponsored skaters like those from Russia and China also have an advantage.

  2. #62
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    If people spend 2,500 USD/month for Plushenko´s school, I don´t want imagine how much they pay for Brian Orser
    Well Brian Orser charged Yuna Kim about $110 for an hour when he coached her, this is what I heard from my friend who skates/coaches in Toronto, apparently it hovers around the $140/hour point now. But that's only if he wants to coach you. Ice time is a few hundred dollars a month so it all adds up, and that does not include living fees.

    But the Canadian dollar is currently quite weak now, might be beneficial to foreign skaters hah

  3. #63
    Wakabond Forever Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,839
    Country: United States of America

    2 Not allowed!
    2500 a month doesn't sound that crazy. Yes, it's a lot of money. But this is figure skating. As an adult skater I spend ~$600 dollars a month on skating (2 lessons and 5 freestyles per week, plus power class). Skating is expensive. The skaters at Plushenko's Academy are going to be skating a lot more and learning from elite coaches.

  4. #64
    Bona Fide Member narcissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,206
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post
    Well Brian Orser charged Yuna Kim about $110 for an hour when he coached her, this is what I heard from my friend who skates/coaches in Toronto, apparently it hovers around the $140/hour point now. But that's only if he wants to coach you. Ice time is a few hundred dollars a month so it all adds up, and that does not include living fees.

    But the Canadian dollar is currently quite weak now, might be beneficial to foreign skaters hah
    This is not that high considering I pay $100 for my no name coach haha. Plus, Japanese/Canadian/etc. fed pays for it anyway I thought?

  5. #65
    in Emergency Backup Mode karne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,895
    Country: Australia

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by narcissa View Post
    This is not that high considering I pay $100 for my no name coach haha. Plus, Japanese/Canadian/etc. fed pays for it anyway I thought?
    No.

  6. #66
    Sedated by Modonium OS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,145

    2 Not allowed!
    $30k a year seems reasonable for elite training but not for hobbie skaters. For the federation skaters, Putin is paying anyway, so doesn't matter?

    May be Patrick can go there, save him some money training and even get some political component scoring.

  7. #67
    in Emergency Backup Mode karne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,895
    Country: Australia

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OS View Post
    $30k a year seems reasonable for elite training but not for hobbie skaters. For the federation skaters, Putin is paying anyway, so doesn't matter?

    May be Patrick can go there, save him some money training and even get some political component scoring.
    I'm assuming the alleged price that has been quoted is for serious skaters training at the academy and perhaps for outsiders? (ie, non-govt supported?).

    I'm assuming there is a different setup in place for Adults/rec skaters.

  8. #68
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by narcissa View Post
    This is not that high considering I pay $100 for my no name coach haha. Plus, Japanese/Canadian/etc. fed pays for it anyway I thought?
    Well Brian doesn't really do it for the money, he just really loves teaching. And it depends on the fed, I can't speak for other feds but in Canada you pay your own fees, I think Skate Canada gives you a grant and then you get funding from places like Own The Podium but most things are paid for by yourself. The whole grants and everything only cover a small fraction of yearly training costs.

    So the 2500 USD a month thing seems almost like bargain, even if I don't exactly know what it includes, Plushenko is a big name and I'm sure his training and insight would extremely, extremely valuable.

  9. #69
    ALWAYS GOLD IN MY HEART! Arriba627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,235
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    Just out of curiosity, I checked the Toyota Sports Center rink and saw that Frank Carroll charges $50 per 20 minute lesson. Guess I won't switch teachers any time soon!

  10. #70
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,307

    4 Not allowed!
    I don't know what the price a month includes, of course, but there are a few posts where I think some things can be gleaned.

    For example:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSkr6vwl...elsofplushenko

    It says:
    Good Morning ☕️ Choreography classes are compulsory for all students - with no exception - both for sportsmen and beginners, both for adult children and for kids. Here students develop the sense of musical rhythm, expressiveness of movements, children improve motor skills, coordination and flexibility. The coach @plushenkoofficial, of course, watches how the children do all the elements!


    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSfcF3RF...elsofplushenko

    Our student Sasha studies in a sportsmen group who have trainings six times a week 💪🏻


    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSaMZAEF...elsofplushenko

    In our Academy there is a group for very young sportsmen 👦🏻👧🏼Trainings for them are the same as for adult sportsmen: in the gym, in the choreography hall and on ice ⛸


    Oh, and I'd missed this post; saw it just now:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRJkBej...elsofplushenko

    In our Academy we have a group for children with disabilities and children with special needs - classes in this group are absolutely free ☝🏻 Let's do good together 🙏🏻

  11. #71
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,758
    Country: Hungary

    2 Not allowed!
    You don't forget the western coaches, skaters rent the ice, Plushenko academy has own ice, which will be maintained continuously, must be refrigerated and has a very modern equipment, use of filtered water, they say, a good ice as the ice in Sochi ...

    But I'm poor..

  12. #72
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,758
    Country: Hungary

    6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    This will be amazing. Kind of wondered why none of the other Russian Rock stars of the skating world never did something similar, given how many of theme stick around in the sport and become coaches, etc. Must be that much more difficult to be entrepreneurial...??
    -Because they are not interesting in skating as Plushenko does. The skating is their work for most of them not his passion. The skating is Plushenko's life he can't live without it.

    -They have no enough money. If anybody is a coach works in some other great state- sponsored skating clubs.

    -This is a great project, Needs money and courage to involve so much money to it. So needs so much reputation, fame, popularity and probably previous experiences many skaters, federations wanted to pay for Plushenko's knowledge. Evgeni received offers from Japan and China, but he wasn't ready and didn't want to work outside of Russia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khoai View Post
    She is also on this forum. I can ask her to come here. There is no way she tells a number from nowhere. Russian forums have many news, of course there are news about the prices.
    As I have said, it's 3 times the amount of her salary. I don't think normal people can afford such fees for their children at least in Moscow.
    At first I was surprised, too, but I was thinking about it. I want to react your post. I hope your Russian firend will read and will react it.


    -This is a privat academy not a state sponsored club. Plushenko invested his own money to it.. I'm sure he received some support from the local government. ( I know Yana Rudkovskaya. ) Plus he can't skate on so many shows as he did in the past because he needs to work with the puplis.
    And the talented Russians have chance to skate in state-sponsored clubs thus they are in much better position than the western skaters.

    And I'm sure Evgeni didn't forget he was a very poor boy, he was hungry many times in his childhood so I believe he will support the talented little Russian skaters who can't pay the fee. But this is the first days of the academy...

    Evgeni didn't decide yet he will work or not with those foreign skaters who called him. He said their names are known by not only for the hardcore figure skaters fans. ( I can imagine Han Yan,Misha Ge- if he doesn't retire, Righini's name etc. ) Those skater's national federations can pay the fee.

    -The pupils have everything perfect ice, very good coaches, halls for choreography-ballet room, and general physical training, a rehabilitation center. All new. The rehabilitation center was very important for Evgeni. I remember he told when he was young if it had been good rehab center in that time in Russia it could have been prevented his many serious injuries.

    - I know there are many poor people in Moscow but that city is the most expensive city in Europe. Probably there are many rich families they can pay the money for Plushenko's name, his knowledge.

    Finally I would like to say some thoughts about the Russian figure skater forums. When I'm in masochistic mood I read them. The Russian forums are the worst! I can imagine what they wrote about the Plushenko Academy. I'm sure the posters didn't believe it some months ago, that is just a PR action. After when they heard that is true and Sotnikova will train there they said again this is a PR action or Plushenko wants to prepare Adelina for his shows... Many of them hate Evgeni and his wife, too. They are too succesful for them. They forget about Yana's talent, she is a workaholic, full of ideas and plans. They only see her garderobe, shoes, fame! And now they probably say Plushenko did it only for the money solely, or Yana wanted it and she wants to kill Zhenya with the academy and other stupidities. Probably they use "moral", "ethic" words .. Oh, those Russians! They speak of things and they have very tough opinions, which have nothing to do .. for ex, Plushy's personal life, who was supposed to marry, etc. And that is the most outrageous they don't know the details, facts. They can be happy because Plushenko invented his money in Russia, he made his academy in Russia. He received offer from Japan to make a skating school there. If he would have made it the Japaneses celebrate him, love him to death.

    I'm sending them this quote from one of great Plushenko's fan: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSQgyllB...o.figureskater - "They will hate you if you are beautiful. They will hate you if you are successful. They will hate you if you are right. They will hate you if you have courage. They will hate you if you have an opinion. They will hate you when people support you. However, remember this- They hate you because you represent something they feel they don’t have." 👊
    Last edited by plushyfan; 04-09-2017 at 08:04 AM.

  13. #73
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,102

    0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm, $2500 for six hours of ice time + 6 hours of conditioning + 3 hours of choreography a week. Yeah, right, this does seem to be good bargain for people here. If you have money to spare, why not. The only problem is that most Russians won't be able to afford it - so this is an entertainment plan for the very rich.
    Last edited by Fayruza; 04-09-2017 at 08:03 AM.

  14. #74
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,758
    Country: Hungary

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayruza View Post
    Hmmm, $2500 for six hours of ice time + 6 hours of conditioning + 3 hours of choreography a week. Yeah, right, this does seem to be good bargain for people here. If you have money to spare, why not. The only problem is that most Russians won't be able to afford it - so this is an entertainment plan for the very rich.
    Oh, you are the Russian student. I undestand you.

    Privat academies, privat schools are always very expensive. This is a perfect private skating school with great infrastructure. Alexey Vasilevskiy, Julia Lavrenchuk, Stanislav Zakharov moved back to Russia from Korea, Austria..Probably they had good salary there...

    ------

    Emanuel Sandhu is teaching for several weeks at the Academy https://www.instagram.com/p/BSoKPbpl...elsofplushenko . Amazing!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 04-09-2017 at 08:31 AM.

  15. #75
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,102

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Oh, you are the Russian student. I undestand you.

    Privat academies, privat schools are always very expensive. This is a perfect private skating school with great infrastructure. Alexey Vasilevskiy, Julia Lavrenchuk, Stanislav Zakharov moved back to Russia from Korea, Austria..Probably they had good salary there...
    No, I'm not a student - but I'm greatly amused by the sheer arrogance of the project. But then Plushenko has always been arrogant. And yeah, as Khoai said, the monthly pay is three times my salary - and I can't say I'm among the poorest even in Moscow.
    For your information, the school has barely started to work, so there's no knowing how great the infrastructure in it is. So far they have a small skating rink (58x30 meters) Plushenko took over for his 'Academy' where they can train kids all right and teach them moves, but that's hardly enough for competitive skaters. Where poor Adelina's going to be training, I've no idea, really. Maybe hire some other skating rinks. I'm sure Plushenko is going to be able to get something bigger - but I'm not sure he's not going to use the public money for his own gains, you know.
    So spare me from having to feel the same kind of jubilation even if I'm Russian - if this was meant to help the ailing Russian figure skating, this isn't what 'Nashe Vse' should have done.
    Go on telling how great Plushenko is, for crying out loud. That's what you excel in.

  16. #76
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,102

    0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I forgot - the talented skaters handpicked by the great Plushenko himself will practise for free. 5 hours of ice + 5 hours of conditioning + 3 hours of choreography a week. That's the plan.

  17. #77
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,758
    Country: Hungary

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayruza View Post
    No, I'm not a student - but I'm greatly amused by the sheer arrogance of the project. But then Plushenko has always been arrogant. And yeah, as Khoai said, the monthly pay is three times my salary - and I can't say I'm among the poorest even in Moscow.
    For your information, the school has barely started to work, so there's no knowing how great the infrastructure in it is. So far they have a small skating rink (58x30 meters) Plushenko took over for his 'Academy' where they can train kids all right and teach them moves, but that's hardly enough for competitive skaters. Where poor Adelina's going to be training, I've no idea, really. Maybe hire some other skating rinks. I'm sure Plushenko is going to be able to get something bigger - but I'm not sure he's not going to use the public money for his own gains, you know.
    So spare me from having to feel the same kind of jubilation even if I'm Russian - if this was meant to help the ailing Russian figure skating, this isn't what 'Nashe Vse' should have done.
    Go on telling how great Plushenko is, for crying out loud. That's what you excel in.
    The future will tell everything.

    He never said he wants to save the Russian figure skating. This is your words. He said he wants to work as a coach. The rink is 58x 30m? What is the normal? 60X30? Do you think the 58X30m is so bad?

    " but I'm not sure he's not going to use the public money for his own gains, you know. "- can you say me concrete things? Sorry, but this is tipical...

  18. #78
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,758
    Country: Hungary

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayruza View Post
    Oh, I forgot - the talented skaters handpicked by the great Plushenko himself will practise for free. 5 hours of ice + 5 hours of conditioning + 3 hours of choreography a week. That's the plan.
    This is great! What is your problem with it? Am I stupid or what??

    Oh, the haters will kill themselves, if the Academy will be succesful. Because Plushenko reaches again what he wants. Go Adelina, go Plushy!!!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 04-09-2017 at 09:18 AM.

  19. #79
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    860

    1 Not allowed!
    His big name naturally attracts so many young kids & followers inside/outside Russia. I don't think the price is any problem. If the facilities and the service are in top class, who will really care about the price? Plushenko is such an honest man that he would never sacrifice his reputation to a merely commercial project. I cannot say some Russians behave really awfully on some occasions. Still, jealousy is human nature.

    He is a public figure, so why he cannot make his school known to the public?
    Last edited by Sweet Dream; 04-09-2017 at 09:37 AM.

  20. #80
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,102

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    The future will tell everything.

    He never said he wants to save the Russian figure skating. This is your words. He said he wants to work as a coach. The rink is 58x 30m? What is the normal? 60X30? Do you think the 58X30m is so bad?

    " but I'm not sure he's not going to use the public money for his own gains, you know. "- can you say me concrete things? Sorry, but this is tipical...
    Can you be a little more detailed about your questions?
    And if this is just a private enterprise, why the heck was it so publicised?
    And yeah, if you open something as grand sounding as Plushenko Angels, you're bound to make sure you have those 'first-class infrastructures' you were boasting of. The skating rink has existed for several years - and it's too small even for hockey, let alone figure skating.
    So he wants to be just a coach, does he - he has no ambitions beyond that? LOL So it's typical Plushenko style - others just start coaching without making so much fuss about it and start bragging only if they have results. But this man has to make a show of everything he does - be it his quitting decision, or his operation, or his decision to coach.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •