Plushenko Academy | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Plushenko Academy

Fayruza

Match Penalty
This is great! What is your problem with it? :rolleye: Am I stupid or what??

Oh, the haters will kill themselves, if the Academy will be succesful. :biggrin: Because Plushenko reaches again what he wants.:laugh: Go Adelina, go Plushy!!!

Yeah, the problem is that these are too few hours for any professional skater. In case you can't get it.
Yeah, I know that slogans are so much your type of thinking. Anyone criticising Plushenko's behaviour is a hater. Because the man is an angel from above, apparently.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
His big name naturally attracts so many young kids & followers inside/outside Russia. I don't think the price is any problem. If the facilities and the service are in top class, who will really care about the price? Plushenko is such a honest man that he would never sacrifice his reputation to a merely commercial project. I cannot say some Russians behave really awfully on some occasions. Still, jealousy is human nature.

I totally agree. You know I read everything about Plushenko. I want to know about him not only the good news or good opinions. Plushenko is an extraordinary person. And I'm surprised some Russians' reactions. I didn't read any bad opinion about the rink's size yet..But I will look for it in Russian media..

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
What other coaches train anybody for free? I remember hearing that Morozov trained Javier for free for awhile, but I've never heard of another case. If someone can't afford to pay for training themselves, then what is the problem with getting 5 hours ice time, 5 for off ice & 3 for choreography? He's working with kids, not established skaters (apart from Adelina who get money from the fed). It's obvious that nothing he does will be good enough to please some people. And expecting him to start coaching without any announcement whatsoever? How do you attract students if it's a big secret that you've opened a school? Advertising = having a huge ego now? :rolleye:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yeah, the problem is that these are too few hours for any professional skater. In case you can't get it.
Yeah, I know that slogans are so much your type of thinking. Anyone criticising Plushenko's behaviour is a hater. Because the man is an angel from above, apparently.

Do you seriously say Plushenko needs to work for free more hours? Who works for free in Russia? Which coach is working for free anywhere? That was a communist habit...:laugh: I can say this because I grew up in the soviet block ;) My parents worked in "communist saturday" for free for the state... :biggrin:

I didn't say he is an angel. He is not by far!!! His pupils are angels :laugh:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What other coaches train anybody for free? I remember hearing that Morozov trained Javier for free for awhile, but I've never heard of another case. If someone can't afford to pay for training themselves, then what is the problem with getting 5 hours ice time, 5 for off ice & 3 for choreography? He's working with kids, not established skaters (apart from Adelina who get money from the fed). It's obvious that nothing he does will be good enough to please some people. And expecting him to start coaching without any announcement whatsoever? How do you attract students if it's a big secret that you've opened a school? Advertising = having a huge ego now? :rolleye:

Well, this shows what you can read in Russian forums if you are in mazochistic mood..:laugh2:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Oh sorry, I grossly exaggerated - the rink is 25x50!
And you can hire it for 10,000-15,000 (ok, around $150-220) an hour, apparently. And you pay 60,000 (around $1000) an hour - Plushenko's hourly training fee.
All the prices and hours cited above are for professional skaters.
That's the rink "Snezhny Bars" http://arenabars.ru/3d-tur/#node3
That's Plushenko's instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BSlIIcCFOBg/

It's the same rink, isn't it?
This is the site that shows the size. http://athockey.ru/katok-snezhnyiy-bars/

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Do you seriously say Plushenko needs to work for free more hours? Who works for free in Russia? Which coach is working for free anywhere? That was a communist habit...:laugh: I can say this because I grew up in the soviet block ;) My parents worked in "communist saturday" for free for the state... :biggrin:

I didn't say he is an angel. He is not by far!!! His pupils are angels :laugh:

I don't know why I'm wasting time on you - but you know, if everything Plushenko is interested in is going to be money and fame, sorry, I feel sorry for him. But then it means I can go on ignoring him and his Adelina PR project.
No one asked him to work for free. There's a difference between working for free and robbing people. The hours he gives those 'professional athletes' is miserly compared to the price he asks them - five-six hours a week is just nothing. But OK, let it be, he expects them to work on their own, perhaps - hire a skating rink and so on. I'm past caring.

Yeah, volunteering and doing good for your own society is such an old-fashioned notion, I know.

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I totally agree. You know I read everything about Plushenko. I want to know about him not only the good news or good opinions. Plushenko is an extraordinary person. And I surprised some Russians' reactions. I didn't read any bad opinion about the rink's size yet..But I will look for it in Russian media..

Take it easy. :) Plushenko has done everything for his country in terms of FS, so I don't think he deserves all those bashings from his countrymen. I agree that some of his words to the press are way too straightforward, but overall he is a very nice guy, unlike Yagudin, who only paid lip service to his first coach, a poor sick man living in Sweden. I'm sure you know what I meant. :laugh:

berry8

Final Flight
Plushenko's academy is going to be closed soon!!
1000 € per hour??!!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Can you be a little more detailed about your questions?
And if this is just a private enterprise, why the heck was it so publicised?
And yeah, if you open something as grand sounding as Plushenko Angels, you're bound to make sure you have those 'first-class infrastructures' you were boasting of. The skating rink has existed for several years - and it's too small even for hockey, let alone figure skating.
So he wants to be just a coach, does he - he has no ambitions beyond that? LOL So it's typical Plushenko style - others just start coaching without making so much fuss about it and start bragging only if they have results. But this man has to make a show of everything he does - be it his quitting decision, or his operation, or his decision to coach.

OMG! He is incredible famous! The Russian media is eager to write about him... I read some Russian articles about other skaters Plushenko was mentioned in it with one sentence..And what happened? The journalist put his name in the title..This is not his fault. Do you think the most famous figure skater's operations, injuries aren't news in the media? And also if the most decorated FS champion in modern era opens a skating school that will happen quietly?

I don't know why I'm wasting time on you - but you know, if everything Plushenko is interested in is going to be money and fame, sorry, I feel sorry for him. But then it means I can go on ignoring him and his Adelina PR project.
No one asked him to work for free. There's a difference between working for free and robbing people. The hours he gives those 'professional athletes' is miserly compared to the price he asks them - five-six hours a week is just nothing. But OK, let it be, he expects them to work on their own, perhaps - hire a skating rink and so on. I'm past caring.

Yeah, volunteering and doing good for your own society is such an old-fashioned notion, I know.

Robbing people? He doesn't force anyone to go to his school ..thus he can't rob anyone ..

And volunteering and doing for your society and working in your job for free is totally different things you know...

Khoai

Match Penalty
In short, it won't be state-funding. So he will have to cover all the expenses by himself for several up to 10 years or even more. He is rich so it doesn't matter. But running an Ice rink (and a skating school) can be tiring.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
OMG! He is incredible famous! The Russian media is eager to write about him... I read some Russian articles about other skaters Plushenko was mentioned in it with one sentence..And what happened? The journalist put his name in the title..This is not his fault. Do you think the most famous figure skater's operations, injuries aren't news in the media? And also if the most decorated FS champion in modern era opens a skating school that will happen quietly?

Robbing people? He doesn't force anyone to go to his school ..thus he can't rob anyone ..

And volunteering and doing for your society and working in your job for free is totally different things you know...

Yeah, right, of course, a person living outside Russia is the one to judge about how popular Plushenko is. LOL
Is that it - are you just going to spend time screaming how great Plushenko and everything he does is? This is getting repetitive.

And charging anything less than 1000 dollars an hour is working for free? I see.

I've given the facts - not to you, you won't understand them anyway, that much I've realised - but for everyone here to consider what that Academy is like at the moment. It's up to them to decide what conclusions they draw from that.

With that I bow myself out of the thread until some other delicious details about the enterprise present themselves.

Though, my dear, I'm sure you'll jump at their throat at daring to doubt Plush's good intentions.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yeah, right, of course, a person living outside Russia is the one to judge about how popular Plushenko is. LOL
Is that it - are you just going to spend time screaming how great Plushenko and everything he does is? This is getting repetitive.

And charging anything less than 1000 dollars an hour is working for free? I see.

I've given the facts - not to you, you won't understand them anyway, that much I've realised - but for everyone here to consider what that Academy is like at the moment. It's up to them to decide what conclusions they draw from that.

With that I bow myself out of the thread until some other delicious details about the enterprise present themselves.

Though, my dear, I'm sure you'll jump at their throat at daring to doubt Plush's good intentions.

hmmm. Maybe you don't have informations.. But I'm a foreigner..

2015:
In annual survey "Man of the Year" in politics, sport and culture (by the Fund "Public opinion"- FOM) - Plushy is 2nd among athletes! http://www.aif.ru/society/law/rossiyane_nazvali_cheloveka_goda_v_politike_sporte_i_kulture

And in another annual survey by "Russian Public Opinion Research Center" (WCIOM), Plushy is among 3 most popular Russian athletes! plush48

Rankings of athletes in 2015: 1. biathlete Anton Shipuli 2. Evgeni Plushenko, 3.Yelena Isinbayeva http://wciom.ru/index.php?id=236&uid=115526

He is only one Russian athlete, who was last 8 years always in top 3! And 2010, 2012-2014 years was 1st!

2014: Plushy got 5% of votes, Lipnitskaya 4%, Sotnikova and VIctor An 2%, all others less of 1% http://www.dni.ru/society/2014/12/16/289479.html ;)

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
https://sobesednik.ru/sport/20170407-skolko-stoit-uchitsya-figurnomu-kataniyu-u-evgeniya-plyushch

"According to Maria's manager, Evgeny himself will not be able to train all children on his own because of the tight schedule: the Olympic champion will only deal with the sports group, and in the others "take part." The main coaching functions will be assumed by Alexey Vasilevsky, winner (2003) and silver medalist (1999) of the World Universiade, Julia Lavrenchuk, bronze medalist of the European Championship - 1997, and Valery Sharipov. The school program also provides for individual training with Evgeny Plushenko. The cost of one hour is 60 thousand rubles. In addition, there are classes for adults in the price list. Here the price for training will be 40 thousand rubles a month for 1 hour of ice per week. Also groups for especially talented children will be formed, training in which will be free. In these groups there will be 5 hours of ice, 3 hours of choreography and 5 hours of OPP per week, plus up to 4 individual trainings with Evgeny Plushenko. Determine who will receive this opportunity will be Plushenko himself after testing, which will cost 10 thousand rubles and will represent a one hour lesson in a group of 10-12 people."

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Just came to this thread and I really don't understand the drama? :laugh:

However much the academy costs I suppose it is calculated to cover all the costs and to not overcrowd/undercrowd the place? Figure skating is a sport and understandably not everyone can afford it. If you cannot pay for the training you can hardly support an elite athlete's career. People being mad at the cost as if Plushenko forced every single skater to come and pay the fare against their will. For God's sake, the skaters are free to go wherever. If Plushenko is popular enough to ask for this fee and have clients then by all means, let him do that. He is under no obligation to do charity or to make sure everyone could afford his academy. And when he sees the prices are too high and people won't come I think they are quite easy to change, let's not predict the apocalypse yet. :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Just came to this thread and I really don't understand the drama? :laugh:

However much the academy costs I suppose it is calculated to cover all the costs and to not overcrowd/undercrowd the place? Figure skating is a sport and understandably not everyone can afford it. If you cannot pay for the training you can hardly support an elite athlete's career. People being mad at the cost as if Plushenko forced every single skater to come and pay the fare against their will. For God's sake, the skaters are free to go wherever. If Plushenko is popular enough to ask for this fee and have clients then by all means, let him do that. He is under no obligation to do charity or to make sure everyone could afford his academy. And when he sees the prices are too high and people won't come I think they are quite easy to change, let's not predict the apocalypse yet. :laugh:

Of, course..but you aren't Russian, probably..;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
So if anyone doesn't understand 1000$/ hour for those who wants to be all alone on ice with Evgeni...;) I'm sure there will be some women who will buy it..:laugh2:

Last edited: