2017 Worlds Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Entries

Sugiady

On the Ice
For China, even the official list have not be announced but… it seems some decisions have been made already.

Men:
Boyang Jin & Han Yan (Literally have no one else than them. I mean, the others don't even have enough TES for WC)

Ladies:
Zijun Li (She's the first in China)
Ziquan Zhao or Xiangning Li (I don't really know who will be chosen…)

Ice Dancing:
Shiyue Wang/Xinyu Liu

Pairs:
Xiaoyu Yu/Hao Zhang
Wenjing Sui/Cong Han

Nirti

Medalist
Do they have some injury problems? 2 weeks ago at Bavarian Open they withdrew after the SP.

She was injured some months ago, and didn't fully recovered for Europeans (they skated not bad, but can do better). Maybe there's still a little problem...
But selection tests are common with French Fed, to be honest I'm surprised that there's no more skaters concerned by the test!

Nirti

Medalist
Why the probablies? These teams pretty much have it in the bank, right?

Yes there's no doubt they will be in... Probably just means there is no official announcement and an other team met the TES (Plutowska/Flemin for Poland and Gaistruk/Oleinik for Ukraine, but not sure of what they become, their last competition was in october)

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Republic of Korea
Men : Jinseo KIM
Ladies : Dabin CHOI
Pairs : Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS
Dance : Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN

Nirti

Medalist
Final provisional list. No other skaters reached TES at Tyrol Cup or Nordics.

So we could see in Helsinki 38 ladies (same number as last year), 38 men (+8), 33 ice dance teams (+3) and 29 or 30 pairs (+7/8), which would be a historical record.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

So we could see in Helsinki 38 ladies (same number as last year), 38 men (+8), 33 ice dance teams (+3) and 29 or 30 pairs (+7/8), which would be a historical record.

30 pairs teams? :eeking: :yahoo:

GF2445

Record Breaker
30 pairs teams? :eeking: :yahoo:

Up to 30 teams- this is unprecedented. A couple of years ago, we were panicking about a shortage of pairs teams at the senior level!!

Whoop- an 8 warm up group Pairs SP!!! Get your jackets and blankets out.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Up to 30 teams- this is unprecedented. A couple of years ago, we were panicking about a shortage of pairs teams at the senior level!!

Whoop- an 8 warm up group Pairs SP!!! Get your jackets and blankets out.

Almost half of the teams will be cut off after SP. I guess the ones which will qualify for Free will be really worth watching, since it won't be easy this year.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Thanks! So tomorrow there will be an official list?

Nirti

Medalist
Thanks! So tomorrow there will be an official list?

Usually the lists are published between tuesday and thursday :)

For pairs, I'm not sure about the North Korean team, and maybe one or two will withdrew. But at least we'll have 7 SP warm-up groups, which happened for the last time in 2010 (with 25 pairs)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
We should enjoy this opportunity . Is pretty likely ISU will upgrade the TES minimuns for Pairs next season.

If so, I hope not by much, so that many teams will be able to achieve the minimums :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Republic of Korea
Men : Jinseo KIM
Ladies : Dabin CHOI
Pairs : Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS
Dance : Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN

That name sounds familiar. I'm not sure why... did he once skate for another country?