Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jackie Wong's 4CC previews

Ladies
Men

All I will say is that Jackie Wong predicted that Jason would take silver at NHK and look what happened (so did NBC Sports). So I'm happy that he has Jason down in sixth for 4CCs :), but a bit worried for Nathan and Mirai. :p

begin

Medalist
This is such a no frill basement set up with no room or seats for spectators. The organizer could have made some money or generate more interest and publicity if spectators are accommodated to watch the practice.

There are seats at the ends of the rink. My suspicion is that the open practices will be held in the main Arena while only the press will have access to this practice rink. I'm pretty sure that was the case in both Vancouver and Sochi.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason Brown updated his 4CC blog

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/02/13/215863584/the-journey-begins-brown-blogs-from-south-korea

THE RINK
The rink is absolutely beautiful! With blue-shaded boards, seating and decorations, the arena feels so homey, bright and welcoming. The ice feels great as well, and it's been a real privilege having the opportunity to skate on it.
Below the main rink is the practice rink...literally below! We take an elevator down to "Basement 2" to get to the practice rink. It's much smaller, with just a few rows of seating on one side. It's crazy to think that we could be/are practicing while events are going on right above us!
The whole venue is set up like a maze. Every time I walk into the arena, I notice something new or find another door that leads down another hall. There are tons of signs on the walls directing us to the various different locations: media, warm-up room, skaters lounge, quiet room (where beds are set up for skaters to sleep or rest if they are stuck at the rink for a long time), bathrooms, locker room, practice rink, main rink entrance, wardrobe, massage room...the list just keeps going on. All I can say is that there is a lot going on behind the scenes, before we step through the curtains and into the arena part of the main rink.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Boyang Jin!!!!!

Will post more gala photos, but got to give props to Boyang for this suit! I love the blue plaid and it sticks out from all the black we generally see. He looks sort of like a fashion model. :cool:

Though I must wonder where this fashion sense goes for his competitive programs...

Eunsoo Lim, who posted this photo, looks beautiful as well.

Last edited: