2017 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Free Dance

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I actually found that rather enjoyable. Bonus points for Sherlock music and that gorgeous dress.

rain

Record Breaker
Is it just me or is he a lot better skater than she is? She looked so tentative throughout and it seemed like he had to actually slow down so she could try to keep up.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think maybe William is better than Matilda, with more flow and better lines. Does anyone else think so?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it just me or is he a lot better skater than she is? She looked so tentative throughout and it seemed like he had to actually slow down so she could try to keep up.

No, I was thinking the same thing.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
F/B were nice, but they need speed speed speed. The edges could be better. But the two main problems for me is that they don't skate as a couple--they hardly looked at each other!--and the entire performance was skated at one level. There was no attempt to bring out the highs and lows of the music.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If she is wearing the same dress as Nationals then it's a revised one. The original was rather dangerous and had red ropey bits hanging off the skirt down near her shins, which ended about as well as you'd expect.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I'm watching it through a stream of CCTV TV CHINA 5 bc I don't have icenetwork. Here in LA, it started at 8:30pm and ends at 11:17pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hehehehe... the ISU calls the last song in this free dance Everyone wants to role the world! I think they were playing DandD when they were writing it up! Tears for Fears would be deeply shocked.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
M/R

Much better free dance than their short- displays their strengths better I think. I like how they did the first lift, so often you see couple rush through lifts in that position or just hold it all tense and stiff. M/R actually made it look soft. Curve lift at the end and the circular element were kinda 'meh'- I think they were getting tired.

rain

Record Breaker
These two are much better matched. They must be Australia No. 1? I really liked the move where they did the circular drag. Cool.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I define myself and my skating preferences by the things I hate!

But is it rationalized hatred? Like if you hate Grobin and your favourite teams skates to him.. are you naying because of the Grobinness or yaying because of the team bias?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
If she is wearing the same dress as Nationals then it's a revised one. The original was rather dangerous and had red ropey bits hanging off the skirt down near her shins, which ended about as well as you'd expect.

Are you watching now? I'm trying to do loose recaps for your team, but I'll stop if you don't need them :laugh: