2017 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs FS

glorybox6

Final Flight
A/W looked more secure on the lifts than the first group, so that's a definite kudos to them.. surprised their TES is so low, honestly.

zebobes

Final Flight
The Aussie team didn't make any big mistakes, but it was a very nervy skate. I felt a little frightened the whole time I was watching them.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karne, Is this a new pair?

I don't recall seeing them before... but maybe I've forgotten.

She has a fierce look about her, which I like.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Katia seems to suffering from Canadian panty syndrome. Perhaps it's actually Commonwealth panty syndrome.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They were great! It was worth waking up at 6.30 am abd wath=ching choppy stream for them! Ekaterina & Harley for Olympic team! :cheer:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Duel of the Faaaaaaaates!!!!!!!

Two Star Wars programs this year, and both from Japanese skaters. How brilliant! And shame on me for not having seen this program before.

Someone PLEASE tell me this is the highest-placed pair and they're going to Worlds, please please???

Last edited:

glorybox6

Final Flight
This team is off to a rough start, especially her.

They're coached by Sato and Dungjen.. I didn't realize they coached together still?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My sidekick hasn't shown up yet, so I'll carry on

Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)
Star Wars
her in cream halter dress with black trim at neck and upper arms, him in black tunic over burgundy shirt with black pleather belt and black pants
He is wearing a very big wrist brace

SBS jumps were a mess, didn't catch them
2Two
Th3Lo fall
upsy, she's braver than I am, I would not trust someone wearing a brace that big on his wrist to lift me
SBS 3S, she did 1S they got so far apart that for once it wasn't the cameraman's fault
upsy nice
SBS FCCoSp very nice
upsy, very nice
Th2Lo
FODs
PCoSp

They look unhappy

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Some uncharacteristic SBS mistakes from Miu today. Ryuichi's lifts seems to have finally improved a bit, although his twist is still as :unsure: as ever. They also really, really need to perform more, especially Miu. Seems like they just barely missed the FS TES; however, I'm sure they will be better next week at the AWG!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Karne, Is this a new pair?

I don't recall seeing them before... but maybe I've forgotten.

She has a fierce look about her, which I like.

They were on Junior circuit and qualified to JGPF. Also competed in seniors at Challenger to get senior minimums, but can't remember where/

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This is actually a very good music cut. Not jarring at all, which is impressive because they used like, what, six or so different pieces.

Oh no, don't cry....

cptnhastings

On the Ice

They're coached by Sato and Dungjen.. I didn't realize they coached together still?

Yeah, what is the story with Sato and Dungjen these days? I haven't read anything in a few years.

I'm glad that they skated to one of the Star Wars prequels rather than the original three. I like the soundtrack to Revenge of the Sith a lot.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA

Star Wars Prequel music- he's sparkly evil Anikin, she's Padme in a simplified version of the lake dress

Jump combo, but he only does 2 jumps while she pops her first but does all 3
lift
Fall on throw
lift
Another jump combo that she pops into a single single
lift (at least the lifts look solid even if I can't tell levels)
Good sync on the SBS spins
lift
Lands the throw
death spiral that sloooows at the end
pair combo spin looks fine

Veeeeeery anemic ending pose. They are not happy. She's crying and looks in pain :(

OK, she's smiling again in the KnC good

80.37-4th 130.85- 3rd

reneerose

Final Flight

I've only just seen him in the Kiss and Cry with them...wonder if they split who they would coach as well?