2017 Four Continents Men FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men FS

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I do not get that reference...? :scratch2: Could somebody tell me please?

It's when Busker Busker won for the rookie award at Mnet Asian Music Awards, the kpop thing, even though the fans of EXO and some other group were battling it out during the voting. So basically come unexpectedly and snatch it from them, while they're preoccupied with each other.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Thank you very much for the explanations! (I feel so sane watching that video... :laugh: )
I'm not sure I'd call Yuzu still winning this that unexpected, but hey, whatever it takes :biggrin:

(I think this is quite open now, so it should make for a really exciting event! Hopefully.)

sarama

Medalist
I just came to the realisation that these will be the last 4CC for a lot of skaters including Patrick, allegedly Misha, maybe Yuzuru. And obviously Tessa and Scott. Now I'm heart broken and I know I will cry through most of the FS (IF I manage to wake up, but I think so at least for the last two groups).

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Uhhh never thought Patrick will ends up an underdog in this sport. Come on PChiddy and Boyang, lets do a Mai Miyahra :D
If Nathen manage to land his 5quads, he will be the new Medvedeva, tano not needed, PCS sky rocketed, it is not even funny.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Is Nathan to skate last?! I hope he can control his nerve and hold it together...
Good luck to all boys! :clapper:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Maybe someone should post a statement that gets negative attention. Like 'Patrick Chan will come from behind and win it all thanks to PCS'. Or 'Shoma will cheat the win out of Chen's hands with his pre- under- over(rota)(ra)ted , two-footed horror skating'. Or 'Yuzuru will finish off-podium and the end of all things is near!'

Yuzuru off the podium would be the absolute end of all things!!! Oh the horror!!!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ when the Four Horsemen then ride into the arena, the poor things will probably slip on the ice and break their legs. The poor horsies!

gsyzf

Medalist
That I can see.

I think this year's 4cc is in fact similar to last year's 4cc. Jin won the SP last year and had a 12 point lead over Chan. His LP BV was 15+ points higher than Chan. Chan won by a fraction over Jin.

This year, Chen won the SP and has a 6 point lead over Hanyu. His LP BV is similar to Hanyu's if they both do 4 quads. I can see Hanyu winning if he skates his LP cleanish, but the winning margin will be very small (probably a fraction like in 2014 WC). In 2014 WC, Machida won the SP and had a 7 point lead over Hanyu. Hanyu won by a fraction.

--------------
ETA: We might see a repeat of GPF podium here.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^ when the Four Horsemen then ride into the arena, the poor things will probably slip on the ice and break their legs. The poor horsies!

That's a paradox then. Yuzuru finishes off the podium=The End of all Things=The horsemen arrive=Break their horses legs=No end of all things, but end of the Horsemen's horses =Yuzuru doesn't finish off podium after all?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
So basically all we have to do is cancel the Apocalypse to get Yuzu on the podium? :biggrin: sounds reasonable

mrrice

Record Breaker
Ok, here in Ca. This event doesn't start until 11:30am. I'll have to wait until I see the performances to go into detail but, after looking at Karen's scores, I think the US would be wise to consider sending Mirai to Worlds. Karen has very little experience as an international senior and with the strength of the Russian, Canadian, and Japanese skaters, I am truly worried about keeping our 3rd spot.

cherryncy

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu will Busker-buskered both of Nathan and Shoma

what's the meaining of busker-buskered?

Edit: LOL I AM LEGIT LISTENING TO CHERRY BLOSSOM ENDING NOW. I didn't expect to be that busker busker

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Just a question, but wasn't there the idea of a round of drinking game to call the nerves during this? Middle of the night for me, so it sounds good :biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^From the Urban dictionary:

Busker Buskered
A term used to explain how multiple fandoms come together to vote for their favorite artist but get trolled in the end.

In England, I think busking is a form of "pan handling", sometimes while playing music?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So basically all we have to do is cancel the Apocalypse to get Yuzu on the podium? :biggrin: sounds reasonable

I can live with any outcome so long as it's just, but I'm rooting for Chen, Shoma, and Jin on the podium.

I like all three of them.

Plus, the sheer joy of witnessing the thread meltdown.

It would be glorious.

Sackie

Medalist
Hoping Chan has a great Free but really would rather he not win here or even medal and come back strong for Worlds! Last year he pulled up and won 4CC then dropped at worlds!
But now that Nathan is getting a huge bonus in his PCS I don't think he will be beaten if he lands his quads.