Which edea ice fly boots | Golden Skate

Which edea ice fly boots

jessie

Rinkside
Hello,
I have been skating in edeas for about 5 years and I know, that they are great. Now I want to switch to Edea Ice Fly. Till now I had size 270 and I'm not sure which boots should I buy next. Should I stay with 270 or 275? My feet is 40 (EU) or 260 mm long.
I was thinking about 275 because sometimes I feel like my toes don't have space and sometimes I feel normal.
Please help me what to do.

jf12

Final Flight
You should always try on the boots before buying even if you're staying in the same brand, or even if you're staying with the same model. There can be small variations in the manufacture which could result in a really different fit.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You should get fitted. I would also question whether you actually need Ice Flys - that's a lot of boot.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Jessie, my only question for you is, How old are you? If you're over 18 and are sure you're done growing, then you'll be fine. Assuming you're purchasing these skates at a rink, I would definitely skate around in them. I've only purchased one pair of skates but, I'm sure I've bought 50 pairs of Ballet, Tap, and Jazz shoes over the course of my career. Skates are expensive and you should not settle for a pair that doesn't feel exactly how you need them to feel. If you don't like them, say thank you and be truthful. Not every pair, even it's the same brand, will feel the same way. Ask for a different pair and if they don't have it, they will soon, or they can order them.

Good luck with your search and let us know how it go's. I forgot one last thing. Will this be your first pair of this brand? I ask because I had to have someone help me learn to tie my boots correctly. That sounds trite but, I promise you that it can really make a difference. :agree:

Last edited:

Ricki

Rinkside
Country
Australia
Jessie, my feet are 262mm long and i'm running with 275 fly's. However the inner sole that came with, and fits perfect in the boots is stamped with 270...weird.
From what i can find is there the same boot with a little less padding internally with the 275 sizes. I could be wrong tho

yesienna

Rinkside
Jessie, my feet are 262mm long and i'm running with 275 fly's. However the inner sole that came with, and fits perfect in the boots is stamped with 270...weird.

The inner sole is usually 5mm shorter than the length of the inside of the boot (skate size).