Velvet | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Velvet

Smile23

On the Ice
Here I am at work with stuff to do but I'm more into these shows!! Where are we going after Velvet ?

Well, I'm re-watching Lovebird.

I've already done KS&S, Velvet (waiting for Season 4), Intersection, and Love Me as I Am.

For you, I would recommend either Love Me or Intersection. Both are Turkish shows. I enjoyed Love Me more but both are good. The love story in Love Me is very good and charming. The problem with Love Me is the subtitles. They're really bad at times but if you can overlook that, you'll enjoy the show.

The young lovers in Love Me are Omer and Ayshem, and they're adorable.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
I am rewatching season one episod one, some observations: Alberto isn't at all interested in Cristina, in fact, he has this look that says, "Leave me alone, already." I love the elevator scene, especially the line, "Not everything revolves around you." Everything does revolve around Alberto, for Ana. Dona Blanca really was hardest on Ana. The red dress was the one Ana admired as a little girl, also her favorite 10 years later.

Last edited:

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
So many things are clearer from episode one after having watched all three seasons: the argument Alberto has with his father about the direction the store is going; the idea that there are social barriers that don't get crossed; Pilar's interest in the store and the competition with Oxfords; Cristina's obsession with Alberto; the secret Don Emilio is keeping for Don Rafael; Alberto always believing that Ana would be a great designer.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Did any one else catch the fact that Ana says to Patricia in episode 2 of season 1 that her mom died when she was 9, but later Don Emilio shares a memory of teaching her to ride a bike when she is 7? She certainly looks younger than 9 in the first episode. In the first episode, after the accident, they go back 20 years earlier to when her mom died. That would put her at 29 when Alberto comes back, and 22 when he left. But he got sent to London at 15, I thought. He was gone 7 years. I don't think the writers thought through all the ages and dates when they wrote the scripts. The show Alberto watches on film is the one for '51 and he comes back in '58.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
I feel the most sorry for Christina, she is being used by Alberto. It was wrong of her father to make their marriage a condition of the investment; it was wrong of Ana to tell Alberto to marry Christina and then not let him go; it was wrong of Alberto to pursue the relationship with Ana while engaged to Christina. Poor Christina, I hope she ends up with Raoul in the end, they are better suited for each other.

I don't feel sorry for Cristina at all anymore. She shamelessly pursued Alberto even though he consistently showed no interest in her. Her father thought he was insuring her happiness by making their marriage a condition of the loan but he actually made her miserable and crazy because Alberto just couldn't stop loving Ana.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I don't feel sorry for Cristina at all anymore. She shamelessly pursued Alberto even though he consistently showed no interest in her. Her father thought he was insuring her happiness by making their marriage a condition of the loan but he actually made her miserable and crazy because Alberto just couldn't stop loving Ana.

hahahaha, i'm glad you've caught up :) Alberto and Ana's love is so strong. I keep going back to watch the beginning episode where Ana and Alberto are teenagers so in love...the part where they on the upper floor of the Velvet galleria, looking down through the rails and chatting about maybe one day she'll be a famous designer, that all the best designers are French and work in Paris, Alberto telling her they'll have to go to France then, and then he leans in for a kiss!!! This scene was so perfect because she is alluding to her dreams and here in this scene he shows how supportive he is of her dreams....it's such a special scene because they are both drinking in every word of what the other one is saying, they both want each other to realize their dreams and it shows how really in love they are...and throughout the show, of course Ana makes this huge sacrifice for him, and Alberto tries his best to elevate her status from a seamstress so she can fulfill her dreams. And finally, we are all awaiting season 4! What happens to Ana, right? Does she become this famous designer? Where is Alberto!!! Let's hope Alberto and Ana's sacrifice/love for each other come full circle! :)

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
The love Alberto and Ana share is so wonderful, so heartbreaking, so evident even when they aren't speaking to each other. Each look, each touch conveys love. You wonder how the actors can show this without feeling something themselves. It is just as intense as Seyit and Sura's love, but more real and lasting. I hope it doesn't take most of season 4 for Alberto to come back.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Did any one else catch the fact that Ana says to Patricia in episode 2 of season 1 that her mom died when she was 9, but later Don Emilio shares a memory of teaching her to ride a bike when she is 7? She certainly looks younger than 9 in the first episode. In the first episode, after the accident, they go back 20 years earlier to when her mom died. That would put her at 29 when Alberto comes back, and 22 when he left. But he got sent to London at 15, I thought. He was gone 7 years. I don't think the writers thought through all the ages and dates when they wrote the scripts. The show Alberto watches on film is the one for '51 and he comes back in '58.

So I am even more confused by the ages and dates: Alberto has a birthday in season 1 episode 6; he is turning 31. That puts him at 23 in '51 but when he is looking at the film of the show in '51, he is definitely younger than that. IF he was 23 and Ana 21 or 22, why did they look like teenagers when they ran away and why could they be stopped by their family?

LoveShura

On the Ice
So I am not near done with season 3 but watched a preview trailer on line of season 4!!! Oh my!!!!!

crowfamily

On the Ice
I have started Velvet and really love it so far! Watching Season 1, episode 5 tonight :) Realize I have a LONG way to go, but it is good and getting my mind off Seyit and Sura!

crowfamily

On the Ice
I was looking through all three seasons at the pics and brief writing about what each episode is about...and one pic looks like Cristina is pregnant? This is just going by the pic they show of each episode, a snapshot. I cannot see her full stomach, but it looks to be bigger :/

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
I was looking through all three seasons at the pics and brief writing about what each episode is about...and one pic looks like Cristina is pregnant? This is just going by the pic they show of each episode, a snapshot. I cannot see her full stomach, but it looks to be bigger :/

You have a long way to go before you get to Cristina's pregnancy, don't skip ahead or nothing will make sense. Velvet helped me get over K S & S, also, but it is addicting in itself. I am watching Velvet through the second time, eagerly waiting for season 4.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
exactly, what did she expect? That Christina wasn't going to expect anything out of the relationship? But then Ana wants to see the love of her life be successful too, even if it means sacrificing BIG, lol! For example, I love my husband so much, it would pain me a lot to see him fail. Alberto is a man that knows what he wants! He only wants to please Ana! Everything that he does, he does it with Ana in mind. He never gave up for the longest time. Actually, I have to re-watch season 3 to remember the ending in detail. Netflix is taking a long time to add season 4, so long that I had to move on to other shows like KS &S, LOL! By the way, how do you guys like Ana's hair vs. Christina's? I read that the actors in the show got to pick their own hairstyles and clothing....

http://lookandfashion-static.hola.com/modaenserie/files/2014/03/Velvet-1x06-Alberto-y-Cristina.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/piktochart...9c970c440526a3904ef3a9655c0a6f4b_original.jpg

I think Ana's hairstyle fits her job. Cristina's new hairstyle is edgier, just like she is in season 3. Ana let's her hair down in Paris, I will watch for other times as I rewatch the series.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty

don't worry about her pregnancy, keep watching :)

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Has anyone noticed the symbolism of closed doors separating Ana and Alberto? At least twice in the first season Alberto is on one side of a door calling to Ana and she is on the other side weeping. There is so much trying to keep them apart, starting with their families. If I remember correctly, it happens at least one more time.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
hahahaha, i'm glad you've caught up :) Alberto and Ana's love is so strong. I keep going back to watch the beginning episode where Ana and Alberto are teenagers so in love...the part where they on the upper floor of the Velvet galleria, looking down through the rails and chatting about maybe one day she'll be a famous designer, that all the best designers are French and work in Paris, Alberto telling her they'll have to go to France then, and then he leans in for a kiss!!! This scene was so perfect because she is alluding to her dreams and here in this scene he shows how supportive he is of her dreams....it's such a special scene because they are both drinking in every word of what the other one is saying, they both want each other to realize their dreams and it shows how really in love they are...and throughout the show, of course Ana makes this huge sacrifice for him, and Alberto tries his best to elevate her status from a seamstress so she can fulfill her dreams. And finally, we are all awaiting season 4! What happens to Ana, right? Does she become this famous designer? Where is Alberto!!! Let's hope Alberto and Ana's sacrifice/love for each other come full circle! :)
According to Miguel Angel Silvestre's Instagram today, Netflix just released Season 4 of Velvet. I won't give away any spoilers, but will give away the starting premise. Season 4 starts about five years after the end of Season 3. Ana has a son, Alberto junior, and has become the world-famous designer that she always dreamed about and that Alberto always wanted for her. Carlos has maintained the lie that Alberto is dead in order to get Ana to marry him, all Cristina aiding & abetting in the scheme. OK, one spoiler that isn't really a spoiler, Lucia Marquez is gone, with no explanation about what happened to her. Season 4 is a bit shorter than the previous three, just 11 episodes. I think this might be because of the limited available of Miguel Angel Silvestre, who was shooting Sense8 for Netflix. I loved Season 4, although Season 1 is my favorite season, not just of Velvet but probably of any television series ever.

LoveShura

On the Ice
According to Miguel Angel Silvestre's Instagram today, Netflix just released Season 4 of Velvet. I won't give away any spoilers, but will give away the starting premise. Season 4 starts about five years after the end of Season 3. Ana has a son, Alberto junior, and has become the world-famous designer that she always dreamed about and that Alberto always wanted for her. Carlos has maintained the lie that Alberto is dead in order to get Ana to marry him, all Cristina aiding & abetting in the scheme. OK, one spoiler that isn't really a spoiler, Lucia Marquez is gone, with no explanation about what happened to her. Season 4 is a bit shorter than the previous three, just 11 episodes. I think this might be because of the limited available of Miguel Angel Silvestre, who was shooting Sense8 for Netflix. I loved Season 4, although Season 1 is my favorite season, not just of Velvet but probably of any television series ever.
THANKS!!!!! I'm in season 3 where Alberto just left for Cuba?! Has anyone watched Sense8? Ana and Alberto are amazing !

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice

I didn't see season 4 listed on Netflix yet here in the US. I hope it will be soon, but I can wait a few days as I am rewatching the first 3 seasons. I liked Lucia, sorry she left. I can't believe they skipped 5 years ahead. I am still wondering what happened to the "lost" 8 years since they were parted as teens but only separated 7 years.