2017 World Juniors TV and Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 World Juniors TV and Livestream

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
YES!!!! Last-minute addition at eurovision tv, Junior Worlds livestream! :yahoo:
Good news!

I think Europe should be safe from geoblocking? I don't see any European broadcasters listed on "so you want to watch figure skating" site (but Taiwan, US, Canada, Korea and Japan are broadcasting, so ISU stream might be blocked in those countries?)

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm with YesWay, Europe should be fine, no reason to geoblock here. Unless Eurosport spring a last-minute surprise on us, too.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is a link to the start times for each of the Jr. Men. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wjc2017/wjc2017_JuniorMen_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

The reason I'm putting it here is that when I looked at this it shows the start time as 10:30 a.m. - if it is 10:30 p.m. it would be shown as 22:30. The time on the IN schedule is 10:30 p.m. on 3/14 - 12 hours behind the time in Taipei which also matches the 12 hour difference I found on the world time clock between Taipei and Eastern Daylight Time. Now that I'm completely confused, I will tune into IN tonight at 10:30 and see if the event is starting. :giveup: If the competition isn't starting....I'm heading to bed!

aye...there's the rub...
I just did my own calculations and I am betting INW figurered in DST, unless Taipei practices it too....which it did in 1979....
Daylight Saving Time (DST) Not Observed in Year 2017
Taipei currently observes China Standard Time (CST) all year.
DST is no longer in use.
Clocks do not change in Taipei, Taiwan.
The previous DST change in Taipei was on September 30, 1979.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. I can't see me joining the Men's SP before Group 4. If I'm awake earlier, I might get up and watch. But, it's very early (Group 4 starts at 04:45 my time).

Thank goodness it is being streamed on Eurovision. Because then I will be able to watch archived coverage of the early groups each day at a more respectable time.

Although, I still would have preferred it if the streaming had been on the Junior GP YouTube channel that Ted Barton runs. Having him commentating on Junior Worlds would have added so much more to the coverage, as he is familiar with the vast majority of the skaters through commentating on them during the Junior GP Series.

An opportunity missed.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks to whoever posted the eurovision link. Tried today, and eventhough I usually get error notes with livestreams, this one worked, for some reason. Was able to watch some ladies. Will try my luck again with FPs. :hap93: