Men's basketball | Golden Skate

Men's basketball

mpal2

Final Flight
Can the US men still get gold after losing to Puerto Rico?

How do the match-ups work and who moves on and how?

I must admit that I'm a bad Hoosier. I grew up in Indiana basketball fever, but don't follow it closely enough to know what's going on. :laugh:

Somehow or other they can still get the gold.

But I'm glad they lost. Nothing against the team that is actually there, but the whole attitude of all the NBA players who didn't care to compete turned me off. I would rather root for some other country's team that regards the Olympics as the thrill of a lifetime instead of a bother.

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
The U.S. men can still win. They have to be one of the top six teams to be in the medal round, I believe.........42

mpal2

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Somehow or other they can still get the gold.

But I'm glad they lost. Nothing against the team that is actually there, but the whole attitude of all the NBA players who didn't care to compete turned me off. I would rather root for some other country's team that regards the Olympics as the thrill of a lifetime instead of a bother.

Mathman

I agree. I also found it funny when they kept posting prior Olympic results and showed the average point lead getting smaller with each Olympics. Looks like the rest of the world is catching up and they better change the attitude if they want to keep calling themselves a dream team. :laugh:

rtureck

Final Flight
They can still win. Some NBA players are more interested in avoiding injuries and their shoe contracts.