Who do you hope to see on the world podium? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who do you hope to see on the world podium?

LadyB

Record Breaker
This is just a dream, but these podium finishers would make me happy beyond comprehension: :luv17:

In no particular medal order:
Men: Javi, Yuzu, Kovtun or Kolyada
Ladies: Evgenia, Anna, any Canadian girl
Dance: WeaPos, Piper & Paul, Bobrova/Soloviev, Cappellini/Lanotte, Shibs
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov on the podium and nothing else matters. :gclap: (Love to see D/R, Knierims and all Mozer Teams do well, though)
Absolutely can't wait :popcorn:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Men: Yuzuru and Boyang (and Patrick, just because it'd be awesome)
Ladies: Anna P
Pairs: S/H, and the pipe dreams of I/M and M/C
Dance: Shibs

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
men: Shoma and Yuzu. Then maybe Boyang for the cute factor of that podium.
women: Anna and Mai. then Satoko or Dabin or by a divine miracle ZIJUN!
pairs : Sui/Han and James/Cipres. Then either Savchenko/Massot, Stolbova/Klimov or Yu/Zhang. I like them all so...
Dance : Papadakis/Cizeron and Gilles/Poirier

rosacotton

Final Flight
My dream podium in no particular order:

Pairs
Sui/Han
Peng/Jin
Cipres/Morgan

Ice Dance
Cappellini/Lanotte
ShibSibs
Gilles/Poirier

Men
Shoma Uno
Javier Fernandez
Yuzuru Hanyu or Jason Brown

Ladies
Satoko Miyahara
Gabriele Daleman
Ashley Wagner

monidi

Rinkside
Men: 1.Yuzuru 2.Javier 3.Patrick or Shoma
Ladies: 1.Anna 2.Carolina 3.Evgenia or Satoko
Pairs: 1.Savchenko/Massot 2.Sui/Han 3.Ilushechkina/Moskovich
Dance: 1.Virtue/Moir 2.Shibutani/Shibutani 3.Papadakis/Cizeron

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The ones who skate clean. There are too many favourites. But some: Carolina because of her age and charisma, Shoma because he just has got it, cannot explain what it is, Shibutanis because I am not biggest fun of dance but this pair I try to always see and Tarasova Morosov because I love they SP this year.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My dream podiums

Ladies:
1. Pogorilaya
2. Osmond
3. Lecavallier

Men:
1. Kolyada
2. Uno
3. Fernandez

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Women in any order
Pogo
Kostner
Wagner or Osmond

Men in any order
Hanyu
Kolyada
Chen

pasha74

Rinkside
Here's my dream-medal-list (some names are totally unrealistic, I know :eek::)

Ladies: Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Zijun Li or Karen Chen
Ice Dance: Cappellini/Lanotte, Bobrova/Soloviev, Lauriault/LeGac or Virtue/Moir
Pairs: Tarasova/Morozov, Zabiiako/Enbert, Marchei/Hotarek
Men: Kolyada, Kovtun, Fernandez

franco1991

Rinkside
I know this is not the most appropriate thread to ask but can somebody tell me if this jumps layout is allowed for Carolina's free skate:

3F-3T
3Lutz
3Loop

2A-half loop-3S
3Loop-2T
2A-2T-2Loop
3S

Thanks.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
My dream podiums:
Ladies: Medvedeva - Pogorilaya - Miyahara (though I like Carolina too)
Pairs: Tarasova/Morozov - Yu/Zhang - Sui/Han (though I like Peng/Jin too)
Men: Hanyu - Uno - Brown
dance: Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron in either order, Cappellini/Lanotte

Debrah

On the Ice
My totally unrealistic fantasy wishful thinking dream podiums and those all important top 10 positions:

Men: Based on best balance of skills, interesting choreo with transitions edges, etc with jumps, spins etc., well blended into the program and music that fits the skater and just the "it" factor when these skater's are really on and in the zone!
1. Patrick Chan - I just can't give up on him he is the complete package and too great a skater when he is in the zone, but those times have been too few and far between this season but still I am hoping his perfect "I'm in the zone and flying high" awesome performances are being saved up for 2017 Worlds and 2018 Olympics next year! But reality says in men's skating it is only about the Quad jumps now... but as this is my fantasy the men with best balance of ALL the skating skills and performance quality wins on my score card's...
2. Shoma Uno
3. Javier Fernandez
special shout outs to Hanyu (would have had him on podium but despite being a great blend of tech and artistry his programs have not jelled for me this season and while still judged well he showed some sub par skating (for him) even if it beats the rest of the field, but I feel he has been gifted for it enough so Uno if he delivers to his full potential while also being Japan #1 he gets my podium nod instead of Hanyu on strength of his very engaging tango LP), then the quad kings if they deliver -- Chen, Jin, Reynolds, then the artists/showmen -- Ten, Brown, Ge...

Ladies:
1. Osmond because she has best balance of everything a ladies champion should have plus huge "IT" factor, she simply sparkles when she is in the zone, nuff said.
2. Pogo she is Russia #1 on my score card - a mature feisty skater with good material this season
3. Satako M. because she is exquisite and still such a joy to watch even if the jumps are not as high or clean as some other girls but she ALWAYS gives a performance and because she reads and then channels "Art of War"...
Special shout out's to Medvedeva for consistency and always being a pretty princess, huge welcome to the top 6 -- Daleman Mai Mihara, for both are now displaying a great balance of skills plus mental ability to deliver everything with some pizzazz when it counts, Wagner for her shimy and fab performance skills if clean, Sotskova for her jumps, then for also having that special something when they are in the zone and because they are nat #1's - Chen, Lecavelier.

Pairs:
1. Duhamel Radford Still hoping they can turn season around and show us their winning ways again and show up 3 times really is the charm...
2. Sui Han Welcome back!
3 Tarasova Morozov - for stepping up
Shout out's to Savchenko Massot (who I really secretly hope beat the young Russians because Germans keep me on edge of my seat and awake unlike robotic but more consistent T/M), James Cipres, Seguin Bilodeau, Ilyusheschkina Moscovitch, Yu Zhang, Stolbova Klimov, Scimeca Knierm

Dance:
1. Virtue Moir
2. Papadakis Cizeron
3. Shib sibs
shout out's to Gilles Poirier for 2 great programs this season and for future potential to grow even stronger, Weaver Poje getting back lost mojo and for bringing the pretty, Chock Bates for 2 good programs, Cappellini Lanote for always bringing the cute factor, as well as Bobrova Soloviev, Hubbell Donohue, Guignard Fabbri

Reality tells me that despite bags of talent on team Canada and all the fabulous potential and winning history I really expect only Gold brought home from Finland may be thanks to the dream team of Virtue and Moir who still know how to get the job done! Outside pressures, hype, pressure of expectation, and rising self doubt has led to rather bumpy ride for some this season, hope the tide will turn for those who need it and momentum will build for those who have grown stronger along the way to Finland and we will see personal bests for all of team Canada!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Ladies: 1. Ashley Wagner 2. Anna Pogorilaya 3. Kaetlyn Osmond

Men: 1. Javier Fernandez 2. Nathan Chen 3. Jason Brown

Pairs: 1. Denney / Frazier 2. Scimeca-Knierim / Knierim 3. Sui / Han

Dance: 1. Chock / Bates 2. Papadakis / Cizeron 3. Weaver / Poje

Some great fantasies here. This is the thread for them! I've really enjoyed this thread for others' Pure Wishes Unhampered. I'm not going to call anything truly impossible, though, because this is figure skating. Another dream for me would be to see some balance between the categories in conversations and judging. For instance,

1. if Evgenia gets so many points for consistency, then maybe Nathan Chen should as well .... since unless I'm forgetting something, none of the other top six men has been as consistent as Nathan, and built it over the season as he has.

2. If Chan, Hanyu, and to a lesser extent Javier have their scores elevated ... and touted as so superior to Nathan ... because of artistry, charisma, performance quality, musical expression, and experience at the top level; then this same standard ought reasonably to apply to the ladies' discipline. Ashley Wagner and Carolina Kostner should get comparable boosts for their artistry, charisma, performance quality, musical expression, maturity and experience.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
Picks for Gold

Men: Fernández or Hanyu
Ladies: Pogorilaya or Kostner
Dance: Papadakis & Cizeron (At their best, they should be unbeatable. They bring a
new dimension to ice dancing. Stunning!)
Pairs: Sui & Han (They are magical!)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
"Hopefuls".... In no particular order

Men. Brown, Uno, Patrick, Nathan
Ladies. Carolina, Anna P, Mariah Bell, Karen Chen
Pairs. D/R, J/C, Knerims
Dance. C/B, W/P, T/T

Last edited: