2017 Jr Worlds Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Pairs SP

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
7 Hailey Esther KOPS / Artem TSOGLIN (ISR)

Music: Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin

Blue ombre costumes

3Tw - bit crashy catch
2A - she fell
5ALi - bad stretch
3LzTh
BiDs
StSq
FCCoSp - unison very off

Mixed skate

SP: 27.86+18.94-1.00 = 45.80 (PB), 3/7

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hailey Esther KOPS/Artem TSOGLIN (ISR)
Rhapsody in Blue
She is wearing a blue/dark blue dress, he is wearing a watercolour blue, poorly-fitting waistcoat, white shirt, black pants

3Tw
SBS 2A, she fell
upsy, his elbows are bent...
Th3Lz
BODs
StSq
SBS FCCoSp

Very good job!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Not the best skate from the Israel team, I know they can do better. However, good job on landing an excellent throw flip! Best I've seen from them, so that's something worth celebrating about. I was also about to compliment Tsoglin on how he's like another Cong Han since he's so strong but only 168cm, but his bio now says he magically grew another 10 cm to 178cm, so :scratch2: but immense potential here! They could experience a level of success that A/W from Australia and D/B from Czech Republic has in terms of big success with small feds. Perhaps they can represent Israel at the Olympics?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh boys! They were so out of sync with the spins towards the end that I was wondering if it was meant to be like that!

They looked absolutely miserable coming off the ice.

Come on! I wouldn't look that miserable if I knew I was going to get a hug from Galit Chait!

:love: :love: :love:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
8 Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD (CAN)

Music: El Tango de Roxanne by Mariano Mores

Red dress / black outfit

3Tw - hard crashy catch
2A - she foot down
5ALi
3Th
BiDs - twofoot exit
StSq
FCCoSp

Some iffy landings, but overall good power and solid skate

SP: 30.69+21.24 = 51.93 (PB), 1/8

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Evelyn WALSH/Trennt MICHAUD (CAN)
Tango de Roxanne
Her in a red dress with cutouts, him in a black deep vee shirt with sparkles and sheer inserts

3Tw crashy landing
SBS 2A hangs on
NOOOO SINGING
and REALLY bad music cuts
upsy looked a bit out of control at first
Th3T
BODs
StSq
Dialogue?!
SBS FCCoSp

This could have been a really great program, but whoever did the music cuts was obviously on crack.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
To be honest, I don't think this partnership will last. Michaud's aging out of juniors already; how are they going to be competitive with that twist? Sigh...

Very nice throw though. And very mature albeit rough skating. Should score well into the 50s.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think we are going to have Canadian leaders going into the interval.

Everything about that was great!

Although, just before they went into position, Evelyn's chest was bouncing so much I was worried she was going to pop out of her dress. :eek:

All I can say is she is lucky it was all illusion mesh up there!

CaroLiza_fan

QuadThrow

Medalist
This a big score for the Germans.I think the never expected this. She is very tiny but her dad is tall so she will grow the next years.

The 3TTh is very popular here. We do not see this very often at the senior level. Maybe we are going to see more 4TTh instead of 3LoTh and 3STh through the next years.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Evelyn and Trennt teamed up in August. This is the first season she's competing pairs, and she's only learned up to what she needs to know for this season in pairs. Trennt has another season of junior pair eligibility (his birthday is August 22, 1996).

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This a big score for the Germans.I think the never expected this. She is very tiny but her dad is tall so she will grow the next years.

Who's her Dad? I mean, is he famous? Or did you just see them together somewhere?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, things have not worked out the way I intended, and I am going to miss the rest of the Pairs.

But, I am expecting it to be a great competition! So, enjoy!

CaroLiza_fan

nadster

Final Flight

The 3TTh is very popular here. We do not see this very often at the senior level. Maybe we are going to see more 4TTh instead of 3LoTh and 3STh through the next years.

They have to do a toe , lutz or flip throw in the SP this year. IOW , all teams must do a throw involving a toe pick this year,

And most teams find the loop throw easier than the toe loop throw and the toe loop ( even though the ISU gives a higher base value for the loop throw than the toe loop throw ). So I don't think you'll see many toe loop throws at senior level.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist

Oh dear... I guess I won't place so much hope on them then... it seems like the problem with European pairs is that pair girls just won't stay small. :drama:

We're starting with the third group! Kim siblings up first!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
9 Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM (KOR)

Music: Game of Thrones (soundtrack)

Black/grey sparkly outfits

2Tw
2A
3FTh - hand down
FCCoSp - unison on/off
StSq
5ALi
BiDs

Decent skate

SP: 29.23+19.97 = 49.20, 2/9

Last edited:

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Kim siblings... not bad, seems like throw is a OK! However, like I've said countless of times before, they need to work on skating skills, fluidity in their movement, and expression on their faces. Still looks like two single skaters together, but they will get better. Also need to work on the lift, still too scary for my liking.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Su Yeon KIM/Hyungtae KIM (KOR)
Game of Thrones
Her in grey-to-black ombre onesie with lots of sparkles, him in grey-to-black sparkled tunic, black t-shirt and black pants

3Tw
SBS 2A
Th3Lz hand down
SBS FCCoSp
StSq
I don't like GOT but I FLOVE this opening credits music
upsy out of spreadeagle one hand put down
BODs

Is this a new program? Very cool!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i really like the aerial shots in this competition, like they showed stsq Korean pair's and jumps during earlier in men :luv17: camera work in usual not bad too

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
10 Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND (CAN)

Music: Too Darn Hot by Cole Porter

Red dress / grey shirt, black pants

2Tw
2A - she stepout/hand down
5ALi
BiDs
3LzTh - stepout, hand down
StSq
FCCoSp

Problems on landings for her

SP: 28.50+22.28 = 50.78 (PB), 2/10

Last edited: