2017 Jr Worlds Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Mens SP

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck, James! :love:

Is that James Min? He had fallen off my radar, but he was charming in some vids I saw a few years ago?

Go James!
Go cowboy Alexei!
Go mangloved Andrew, even if Bohemian Rhapsody is like the worst tune ever, still :love: you.
Vas-y, Nicolas, even if an Elvis voiceover is like the worst idea ever for a program, still :love: you too.

ETA: Kai Xiang Chew is skating too?? Go my favorite small fed, Malaysia:hap10:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is that James Min? He had fallen off my radar, but he was charming in some vids I saw a few years ago?
:

Yes, that's James Min. He won the Junior National title in December and also was the silver medallist in the Seniors. He landed clean 3As at Nationals.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i totally knew you had made that mistake... i used to do it all the time... ;) it's not just military time it's what some people who don't use PM AM use too... like French speaking people. But yeah... still.. starting at 10 and finishing at around 5am... CRAZY stuff.... I will need to not drink too much early on ;) LOL

Haha reminds me of worlds last year. 7 hours, and I was too cheap to buy water there, and we couldn't bring bottles. Oof. I think I snuck a bottle in that day and filled it up in the sink; I just couldn't go 7 hours without a drink of any kind. As to the time, I've always heard it called military time (since the military is probably the only thing in the US that uses it), but yes, other countries besides the US use it regularly. That was one of the hardest things to convert in French class was the time. Argh! In the US it's just not a thing, although I can see how it would be useful.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
eurovision stream is live. There's like....20 people in the audience :roll9: It'll probably fill up a bit more as the event goes on though....I hope.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
cbc is working... but i am watching tv... for now... at least... will keep an eye and join for the later group if i don't pass out

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
5 minutes!

Things I'm excited for:

- Oh hey, there's another Papp sibling!
- That skater with the last name Brain.
- Australian James Min
- Donovan Carrillo of Mexico hopefully continuing his rise from the JGP!
- Homefield skater Chih-I Tsao
- Sondre of Norway
- Jun Hwan of South Korea making a push, possibly for Pyeongchang next season?
- The US guys hopefully not self-destructing
- Graham Newberry of GBR
- The Russians being awesome as always
- DANIEL SAMOHIN! (Especially after his disappointing Euros outing due to the skates issue)
-

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I'm only staying to watch the first few groups (or when I fall asleep). Its timed perfectly with my bedtime ;)

guitarist

On the Ice
5 minutes!

Things I'm excited for:

- Oh hey, there's another Papp sibling!
- That skater with the last name Brain.
- Australian James Min
- Donovan Carrillo of Mexico hopefully continuing his rise from the JGP!
- Homefield skater Chih-I Tsao
- Sondre of Norway
- Jun Hwan of South Korea making a push, possibly for Pyeongchang next season?
- The US guys hopefully not self-destructing
- Graham Newberry of GBR
- The Russians being awesome as always
- DANIEL SAMOHIN! (Especially after his disappointing Euros outing due to the skates issue)
-
I'm super excited about Donovan! I'm from Mexico, so it's always disappointing to see how little interest there is in FS over there. And I'm hoping Jun Hwan will podium, he's one of my favorites.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm super excited about Donovan! I'm from Mexico, so it's always disappointing to see how little interest there is in FS over there. And I'm hoping Jun Hwan will podium, he's one of my favorites.

Donovan and Andrea had such good JGP experiences. I'm excited to see them again.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
What am I doing? Watching junior men at 4.30 am Finnish time and must go to work at 8.00. I was at sleep and did not plan to wake up to watch, only planned to see some during breakfast later. Well I watch the Finnish boy's skate and try to sleep a little after it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I wish I could watch, and not just follow along, but alas, IceNetwork.

(I don't subscribe)

guitarist

On the Ice
Donovan and Andrea had such good JGP experiences. I'm excited to see them again.
Yes, their excitement is contagious, they both looked really happy with their results. And they should feel that happy, they're doing great in a sport that gets basically no support from the government, or the general public, for that matter. In Mexico, unless it's soccer it's not important...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Likewise.

Any streams for us Americans who don't shell out for IceNetwork? :p

Ooooh, yeah. That would be fun.

Also I need to decide if I'm snacking on my chocolate cupcakes that I baked the other day, or the chocolate cream pie I bought for Pi Day today...