2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP

zytolda

On the Ice
Why? Because URs will actually be called and not overlooked like they often are? Because the ladies actually rotating their jumps will get the appropriate reward for it then? Because these girls will actually get feedback on how their jumps are instead of being made believe these problems weren't there (like at national events)? Oh, how horrible :p

The only thing I don't like about this is it is less likely that Amano will be at WC :biggrin:

ye I prefer him o be on Worlds :(

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My top concern for the event is whether Polina finally grabs the elusive title this time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yay! Shin Amano! :yay:

Although I would also like to see him at Worlds.

thoakun

Final Flight
Mr Amano is a true professional who fulfilled his duties with utmost courage and honesty in this crooked world. I'm very impressed :hap85:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Real good feeling about Marin and the Japanese ladies especially in light of the bad draw for the Russian ladies. i wonder if this will put the Russian ladies / girls off. mind y ou they are competitors but usually pcs rise and the Russians have a real bad draw comparatively.

kalee

On the Ice
Real good feeling about Marin and the Japanese ladies especially in light of the bad draw for the Russian ladies. i wonder if this will put the Russian ladies / girls off. mind y ou they are competitors but usually pcs rise and the Russians have a real bad draw comparatively.

The Russian ladies are where they are in the start order because of their world standings. Russia's current depth of talent means that even their first year juniors are scoring 180+ out of the gate and skaters would have either qualified for senior GP or been weeded out by better performing peers by their 2nd or 3rd year of international competition. So, the result is that at this level they may smash their SB / PB and even break junior level records, but still lose out in world standings to skaters who have competed in more competitions, over more years, even with middling placements. Would not worry too much as Alina & Stasya have significantly better tech than the other girls in their respective groups (except Eun Soo who is in the same boat anyway regarding the draw).

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Why? Because URs will actually be called and not overlooked like they often are? Because the ladies actually rotating their jumps will get the appropriate reward for it then? Because these girls will actually get feedback on how their jumps are instead of being made believe these problems weren't there (like at national events)? Oh, how horrible :p

The only thing I don't like about this is it is less likely that Amano will be at WC :biggrin:

Agreed. I think this might be bad news for a few skaters, including gold favorite Zagitova. She gets away with URs sometimes especially in the FS. I think having everyone on a fair playing ground will mean the results are accurate and not skewed one way or the other.

Last edited:

Naaat

Rinkside
Good luck to all th ladies! Hope we can see lots of clean skates! :hap85::hap85::hap85:

Go Valentina! You can get to the final!:dance3:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm torn with this one. I'd like to skip the first few flights, but I do want to see Starr Andrews, who leads off Flight 4 at 1:15 am EDT, and the next group has both Sagitova and Tennell.

Staying up all night isn't great for me, as I have two dogs who rather insist on bedtime. I guess I will have to bring the dogs to bed at 11:00, pretend to go to sleep, and then sneak out of bed to watch the ladies, then go back to bed at 6 am (when it's still dark). That means no Pairs FS, but I do have to sleep some time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As seems to be the normal for me this JW except pairs, I will be at work when Holly skates...

LiLiGirl1

Rinkside
I'm torn with this one. I'd like to skip the first few flights, but I do want to see Starr Andrews, who leads off Flight 4 at 1:15 am EDT, and the next group has both Sagitova and Tennell.

Staying up all night isn't great for me, as I have two dogs who rather insist on bedtime. I guess I will have to bring the dogs to bed at 11:00, pretend to go to sleep, and then sneak out of bed to watch the ladies, then go back to bed at 6 am (when it's still dark). That means no Pairs FS, but I do have to sleep some time.

Your post cracked me up! What we don't do for our pets and figure skating:biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hopefully today the internet has settled down so I can watch live finally...:luv17: