2017 Worlds Men's FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's FS

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
@rockerskating Based on today's practice, Nathan Chen's planned FS layout: 4Lz3T, 4F2T, 4F, 4Lz, 3A2T2Lo, 4S, 4T, 3Lz. He is going for it.

As much as I'll admire him if he manages to land everything, the set up for the 4Lz is already so long that repeating it plus the 4F is probably going to be hell on choreography.

breadstal

Record Breaker
As much as I'll admire him if he manages to land everything, the set up for the 4Lz is already so long that repeating it plus the 4F is probably going to be hell on choreography.

There's no that much choreography in this program anyway :coffee: I think he should go for it :agree:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
There's no that much choreography in this program anyway :coffee: I think he should go for it :agree:

Well, whatever there is of it. If he does land everything and gets like 90+ PCS, I might cry a little, though.

Anyways, the moment he fell on that 3A, I knew he'd go for broke in the FS. Heck, I felt like he would regardless!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd rather be Javi right now than others, but if there's a lesson to be learned from Boston, it's that this is still wide open.

Hanyu had a greater lead in Boston than the 1-6 gap here in Helsinki. There was nearly a 30 point swing in the free skate.

With all the risk being planned in the FS, you can't rule anyone out in that last group.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Well, whatever there is of it. If he does land everything and gets like 90+ PCS, I might cry a little, though.

Anyways, the moment he fell on that 3A, I knew he'd go for broke in the FS. Heck, I felt like he would regardless!

Expect this, if he will land everything they will do everything for him to even win. Yeah, I think so too, it's his debut Worlds, so it's good time to just challenge himself.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm not prepared for tomorrow.

I know that feeling. I'm still debating whether or not I want to stay up all night for this. My other option is to sleep, and then watch TV coverage later knowing what happens because I won't have the self control to not know the outcome before hand.

I think I'm leaning on the side of staying up all night, but we'll see.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know that feeling. I'm still debating whether or not I want to stay up all night for this. My other option is to sleep, and then watch TV coverage later knowing what happens because I won't have the self control to not know the outcome before hand.

I'll be asleep pretty much the whole time. And wow......like I'm not placing any bets.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States

I think I'm going to sleep for 6 hours and wake up for the last two groups.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Same for me. I'll awake in time to watch the final two groups (if the Russian feed works ok) on line and then maybe watch NBC sports at my mother's later when it's taped.

da96103

Record Breaker
Rise and shine people.

Quad count in final group and MOHIR's favorite announcement

Yuzuru 4Lo, 4S, 4S, 4T
Nathan 4Lz, 4Lz, 4F, 4F, 4S, 4T
Boyang 4Lz, 4S, 4T, 4T (is there still a 4Lo in Boyang's long?)
Patrick 4S, 4T, 4T
Shoma 4F, 4Lo, 4T, 4T
Javier 4S, 4S, 4T

No of quads in total: 24 delicious quads for MOHIR

DelRetiro

On the Ice
I was able to watch the men's SP on RTVE.es by using Touch VPN and selecting Spain. For whatever reason, Touch VPN successfully "tricked" the RTVE website when watching on my phone and tablet, but did not work when watching from my laptop. It's a mild bummer since my laptop screen is 15.6" whereas my tablet is only 9.7", but hey, I'm happy to be able to see it live in any format. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Touch VPN & RTVE work fine tonight as well because I'm on pins & needles about this free skate!

aa456

On the Ice
For my own mental health I shall not watch it live. It will either be a bloodbath or a splashfest

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I want to use my 3000 post to say good luck to Shoma, Javi and Yuzuru and continued good skating to Patrick.

And to say that no matter who wins I hope it's well judged and fair.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ugh I just looked at the time schedule and Javi finishes skating at 2:57 Helsinki time, which is 7:57 AM Eastern time. I don't think I'm going to be able to get up to see any of this live.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm very pleased to see the men's free skate starts at 6:50pm Aussie time, so I'll be able to see it all! (Unlike the Ladies Free Skate which I had to give a miss).

I'm not sure who I want to win though! I think I'm leaning towards Javi, because how awesome would that be! I remember his pirate program way back in 2010, who'd have thunk it - that he'd reach the very top!

I also hope Yuzu knocks it out of the park, it's weird seeing him down there in 5th!

And of course, I want to see our Aussie boy, Brendan Kerry do amazingly! You can do it, Brendan! :hap10:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For my own mental health I shall not watch it live. It will either be a bloodbath or a splashfest

Why? Are you related to any of these people or have some sort of special friendship?

They're just athletes in a sporting competition. The sun will rise no matter what.

I'm hoping for a bloodbath, where the best skaters on the planet deliver stunning performances that one-up each other.