2017 Jr Worlds Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Free Dance

skatemd1

On the Ice
Well deserved victory for Parsons siblings! I was impressed by their mastery, beautiful choreography and difficult, technical content that they delivered with lightness and accuracy. Lots of intricacy, and wide variety of dancing holds also made them stand out.

Transitions were also complicated but they made it look so fluid so kudos for them. Their hard work pays off!

YES! This is exactly what I thought.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Oh don't be so grumpy. Obviously I did not overlook that error but they did great to save it and make it count. I meant accuracy in gliding, doing steps etc. that I was impressed with. My post was not meant to aim at evaluating everything they did. I neither had desire or time for that, just wanted to share my positive two cents instead of picking up error that many others before me already pointed out and analyzed ad nauseam. Oooh. It's not that difficult to guess. If you want I can make asterisk for you and edit my post to add - (bar this one bobble on lift) but I can't be bothered.

That's what I thought you thought.

Totally agree, their lift was downgraded on GOE as it should have been, but they did not stop their rotation or stumble. It looked level 4 with minus GOE to me, and that is what the judges thought too. Like most other posts above, look at the rest of that skate and how nearly perfect it was, with one slightly sloppy moment, compared to a Russian team that was just a little bit sloppy by comparison the whole way through. The irony is, if they had nailed that lift like P/P usually have done this year, their score would have been close to 100 and no one would be having any conversation about this other than wow, what a phenomenal program. It was! Loved it and looking forward to more from them at Senior.

A lift must be judged on how the parnters are handling each of their roles. Almost Total failure. That's not what that lift is suppose to look like at all.

:dbana:

Somebody's not pulling any punches, I see.

Also, this trend of tearing the russian girls down - by the fans of Russian ID even - because they are not as good as some other girls is tiring. I'd say it's time to move on, but on GS that never happens.

The reasons of Russia's ice dance collapse should be explored. A big part of the problem is the girls. Their skating skills are going way downhill. So when discussing a major Russian team why should there be expectation of world gold and Olympic gold?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So I finally watched this. Parsons and C/P the class of the field by far. Also I may be alone on this but I think Shpilevaya/Smirnov are better than Loboda/Drozd. L/D have a lot of speed but they are sloppy and not well matched IMO. S/S have great posture and they both have star quality.

Tough results for M/C and A/T but maybe now the transition to senior will be easier since there will be less expectations.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
People talk about L/D's speed, but I find that they really slowed down considerably throughout their FD. It added to the messiness of their performance.

gmyers

Record Breaker
No matter how messy and sloppy l/d were the worst done element of l/d and parsons was done by the parsons.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
yah!!!! I couldn't be more thrilled with Anthony Ponomarenko and Christina Carreira beating Mcnamara and Carpenter AGAIN!!! :luv17: