2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
A/S were technically good. But that was a completely charm free performance. If I were a judge I'd ding them on interp for that. When the music is saying "I'm laughing at clouds" and "The sun's in my heart and I'm ready for love" and you are nothing but All Business, how can I as an audience member enjoy your performance? Just sayin'...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
They pulled it off! Except mistakes on SBS jump combo and spin wobbles, this must be the most cleanish FS performance I guess.

I think some choreographic changes were made, but nevertheless it was a decent skate. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now, that is more like it! :cheer: :clap: :points:

They'll definitely take the lead for now. But, the question is how many places will they pull up.

There was 4.43 separating them in 8th and Ustimkova / Volodin in 4th after the SP. So, there is room to pull up quite a few places and save our predictions.

But, a podium is maybe asking a bit too much.

CaroLiza_fan

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Oh, if only they didn't abort that lift in the SP, they could be still a factor for the podium. nice score considering mistake on SBS

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
A/S were technically good. But that was a completely charm free performance. If I were a judge I'd ding them on interp for that. When the music is saying "I'm laughing at clouds" and "The sun's in my heart and I'm ready for love" and you are nothing but All Business, how can I as an audience member enjoy your performance? Just sayin'...

I'd say it's understandable, after yesterday they concentrated more on the technical part of their program.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Believe me the program used to have more charms in their JGP circuits, but given their costly mistakes in the SP, they would've tried to be cautious not to repeat their mistakes again that made them off the podium a couple of time. There are something special about Ilia's presentation, so I love him and see a lot of potential from the team.

Last edited:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Believe me the program used to have more charms in their JGP circuits, but given their costly mistakes in the SP, they would've tried to be cautious not to repeat their mistakes again that made them off the podium a couple of time. There are something special about Ilia's presentation, so I love him and see a lot of potential from the team.
When they stop aborting lifts and häving multiple falls, they have huuuge potential.
I would wait, though, a year or two more when Amina is past puberty. Saying that I love this teams, especially how in synch they are with each other.
Happy they were able to end the season with a good performance!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Evelyn WALSH/Trennt MICHAUD (CAN)
Rise Up
her in grey and white dress, him in steel shirt with deep vee and flowers at his shoulder

3Tw
SBS 3T-2T
upsy, nice
Th3S, hangs on
BIDs
SBS 2A
upsy, very nice
Th3T
ChSq
SBS FCCoSp
CoSp

Another happy pair!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Massive meltdown by the Americans. That was a nasty spill she took--I hope she doesn't have a concussion.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Liu/Johnson remind me of Amina/Ilia in Tallinn this year...
It was such a shame to watch, especially live.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Chelsea LIU/Brian JOHNSON (USA)
Beauty and the Beast
her in a fluro yellow dress, him in a white shirt and black tunic trimmed with gold, and black pants

Her dress bugs me, it's too bright for this theme
SBS 3S, her <
3Tw
SBS 2A-2T, she did 2A< scary fall
BODs
CoSp
Th3Lz< oh no, it's a really bad fall and she definitely hit her head
ChSq
SBS FCCoSp, he falls on the entry! it's a disaster!
upsy, nice
Th3S, 2ft
upsy, very nice

oh my goodness. What a disaster. She needs to get an icepack on that head right now and off for the concussion test.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my gosh, how horribly scary. I can't believe she kept going and they finished so well. :shocked: She really needs to be checked out though...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Screw the kiss and cry, she needs medical attention NOW.