2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
At this point it would have been better to send Aurora Cotop.

i think the reasoning was
1) let her have a chance for redemption as she was sick last year
2) she does have a 3lz-3t... and she did land it at nationals (not perfectly) when the decision was taken.

Aurora is such a beautiful skater but doesn't have all her triples yet... what if she hadn't made the FP? I am okay with Temura going again on second thought....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just realised why Sarah didn't do so well this week... she only had Joanne McLeod with her.

If Neil Wilson had been there as well, she'd have had the luck of the Irish on her side! ;) :biggrin:

And St. Patrick's Day would have made the effect work even more! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

actually, i want champs to be closed down completely ;) and all these talented young skaters to relocate with another team...

Sorry Ireland, and Joanne....

For a very long time I spoke in good terms of Joanne but I am reluctant to do so anymore.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, after starting on level points after the SP, Turkish girl beat Caribbean girl by nearly 3 points in the FS.

Aussie girl was behind them both on the FS, but split them overall due to being ahead of them in the SP.

So, the big gainers in this group were Czech girl and Mexican girl.

I hate referring to skaters by their Nationality! But, I had to there for continuity from the discussion yesterday about Bayir and Matos being level on points.

Back to talking normally now.

Disappointed for Holly, but delighted for Michaela-Lucie and Andrea for pulling up.

CaroLiza_fan

nadster

Final Flight
I can understand why Tamura was chosen ahead of Cotop.

Tamura for the most part has been consistent most of the year. Her only really bad skate before JW was the FS at nationals.

It was clear at nationals though that Cotop had the momentum.

I also think that SP skate order at JW ( Cotop does not have an ISU ranking just a qualifying score ). So Cotop would have lost points simply by skating early.

But Tamura , leave Joanne now. You won;t advance if you stay with her.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
well done Lea, thats a pretty good TES if it stays, she has bright future for sure :hap85:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
actually, i want champs to be closed down completely ;) and all these talented young skaters to relocate with another team...

Sorry Ireland, and Joanne....

For a very long time I spoke in good terms of Joanne but I am reluctant to do so anymore.

To be fair, I too have been getting the impression that Joanne isn't doing justice to the skaters on her books.

But, I have been giving her the benefit of the doubt, purely due to Neil being part of her team.

There aren't many people from Norn Iron in this sport, so I have to support my fellow countryman!

CaroLiza_fan

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
i think the reasoning was
1) let her have a chance for redemption as she was sick last year
2) she does have a 3lz-3t... and she did land it at nationals (not perfectly) when the decision was taken.

Aurora is such a beautiful skater but doesn't have all her triples yet... what if she hadn't made the FP? I am okay with Temura going again on second thought....

Was she sick? I don't recall that...I thought that was Selena Zhao.

She's not the only one with a 3Lz-3T. If that was the criteria, then Emily Bausback who's landed a few this season with less issues should have been chosen.

Aurora does have a 3T-3T that, along with her PCS, would have sent her to the FS.

The Decelles as peese mentioned run hot and cold.

Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

Tyranid

Final Flight
After Sotnikova's tears at the end of her FS at 2016 nats...

Girl you gotta live up!

edit: another fall :(